Elena Rybakina is a Russian-Kazakhstani professional tennis player. She has a career-high ranking of No. 17 by the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA). She has reached seven finals on the WTA Tour, winning two titles, including one at the Premier level. Her present coach is Stefano Vukov. She can generate effortless power, both on groundstrokes and her serve. Her forehand and backhand are both hit flat, with relentless depth and speed, allowing her to generate excellent power with both her groundstrokes and she can hit winners with both shots. She uses the Yonex VCore 100 rackets. She eventually broke into the ‘Top 20’ of the official WTA singles rankings for the first time in her career, in February 2020, just before the WTA Tour was shut down due to COVID-19. She was the first Kazakhstani player to have ever achieved this feat. She is the power girl who stands 19th in the world ranking as of 2020. Her current ranking is No. 22 as of 31st May 2021 in singles and her current ranking is No. 382 as of 31st May 2021. Whereas her highest ranking is No. 17 as of 24th February 2020 in singles and her highest ranking is No. 344 as of 3rd February 2020 in doubles.
Serena Williams Exits French Open After Losing to Elena Rybakina in Fourth Round
Serena Williams has been knocked out of the French Open after suffering a shock defeat 6-3 7-5 to Elena Rybakina. Serena was once again chasing a record 24th Grand Slam singles title but her wait will go on heading into Wimbledon later this month. Serena Williams congratulates Kazakhstan’s Elena Rybakina at the end of their women’s singles fourth-round match at the French Open. “I am so happy with my match, it was amazing,” said Rybakina, who will now play Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova for a semifinal spot. “I was small, of course I was watching her matches on TV,” added Rybakina of Williams.
Everything You Need To Know About Serena Williams
- Being a Russian-Kazakhstani professional tennis player.
- Being an aggressive baseliner who aims to finish points quickly, and whose high-risk game style leads to an accumulation of both winners and unforced errors.
- For winning maiden WTA Tour title at the Bucharest Open at the age of 20.
What is the Nationality of Elena Rybakina?
Born in Moscow, Russia; Elena’s birth date is 17th June 1999. Elena Rybakina’s birth name is Elena Andreyevna Rybakina. Her present age is 21 as per her birth date. Similarly, her Zodiac sign is Gemini and she follows the Christianity religion. Her race is white and she is of Russian descent. She holds dual nationality of Kazakhstani and Russian & she came from Russian-White ethnic background. She has a sibling, an older sister named Anna. Her whole family is in the sports industry due to which her parents have been supportive to her since the early days.
Having a keen interest in tennis, Elena’s time for tennis was limited in part because she attended a regular high school not specialized for athletes and needed to balance tennis with schoolwork.
How was the Tennis Career of Elena Rybakina?
- Starting playing tennis at the age of six, Elena moved from the Dynamo Sports Club to the Spartak Tennis Club, where she had several accomplished coaches.
- Surprisingly, she trained with former top 10 player Andrey Chesnokov and former top 100 player Evgenia Kulikovskaya.
- She only played tennis about two hours per day and trained in fitness for three hours a day.
- She then began playing on the ITF Junior Circuit in November 2013 at the age of 14.
- Additionally, she won her first title at her second career event, the Grade 3 Almetievsk Cup.
- At the Ozerov Cup in Moscow against Anna Blinkova, she finished as a runner-up. This was her very first Grade 2 event.
- She began playing Grade 1 events from the start of 2015. She lost to Katharina Hobgarski at the Belgian International Junior Championships reaching the final.
- She made her junior Grand Slam debut in the year at the US Open. Following an opening-round loss at the 2016 Australian Open, she won a back-to-back Grade 1 title.
- Elena finished runner-up to Olesya Pervushina and Anastasia Potapova at the Trofeo Bonfiglio alongside Amina Anshba in an all-Russian final at the Grade A events came in doubles.
- She won her first and only Grade-A title at the Trofeo Bonfiglio, defeating Iga Świątek in the final in the 2017 season.
- In the Australian Open and the French Open, she lost in the semifinals. She finished her junior career at the first round-robin edition of the ITF Junior Masters, the junior counterpart to the WTA Finals.
- Elena’s professional career began playing on the ITF Women’s Circuit in December 2014 at the age of fifteen. She reached three ITF finals in singles and two in doubles, only winning both of the doubles finals in 2017.
- She then made her WTA Tour debut in October 2017 at the Kremlin Cup but she lost to Irina-Camelia Begu.
- She next won her first career WTA match at the St. Petersburg Ladies’ Trophy against Timea Bacsinszky at her next WTA tournament in February 2018.
- She also won her first ITF singles title in Kazan where she also won the doubles title. Moreover, she finished runner-up to Sabina Sharipova at the Lale Cup in Istanbul bringing her to No. 215.
- Playing for Kazakhstan, she entered her first Grand Slam qualifying draw at the US Open but did not reach the main draw.
- For half of the 2019 season, she played in mostly ITF events. She then won three ITF titles, including the $60K Launceston International.
- She made her Grand Slam debut at the French Open as a qualifier where she lost to Kateřina Siniaková.
- Her breakthrough came in July when she won her maiden WTA Tour title at the Bucharest Open at the age of 20. With this title, she made her top 100 debuts in the WTA rankings at No. 65 in the world.
- She made her second WTA final of the year at the Jiangxi International Open, finishing runner-up to Rebecca Peterson.
- She reached the quarterfinals at the Wuhan Open losing to Aryna Sabalenka. She finished the season at No. 37 in the world.
- During her 2020 season, she reached the finals at four of her first five events. She failed to reach the final at the Australian Open and the Qatar Open, losing to world No. 1 Ashleigh Barty in both instances.
- Defeating Zhang Shuai, she won her second WTA title at the Hobart International.
- Next, she reached two Premier finals at the St. Petersburg Trophy and the Dubai Championships, finishing runner-up to No. 8 Kiki Bertens and No. 2 Simona Halep.
- She also became the first Kazakhstani player in the top 20.
- At the Internationaux de Strasbourg, she reached her fifth final of the year and first since the resumption of the tour, losing in the final to No. 5, Elina Svitolina.
- She did not carry this success to the next major, losing in the second round to Fiona Ferro at the French Open.
Who is Elena Rybakina Dating?
Elena Rybakina is not married yet and she is currently single anyone at the moment. There is no news regarding her past affairs, relationships, and boyfriend. She is a very secretive lady as she has not stated anything about his personal life details to the media. She has not uploaded pictures online with her special someone. As of now, she is just focusing on her career rather than spending her valuable time in a relationship. She is enjoying her present life happily. Her sexual orientation is straight. She is currently residing in Moscow, Russia.
What is the Net Worth of Elena Rybakina?
Talented tennis player, Elena Rybakina has pocketed a huge amount of money from her career. As of 2021, the net worth of Elena is estimated to have $1.5 Million as per sources. Whereas she has not revealed anything about her earnings. She won her first ITF singles title at a $15K event in Kazan, where she also won the doubles title. She finished runner-up to Sabina Sharipova at the $60K Lale Cup in Istanbul, bringing her to No. 215. She was formerly sponsored by Nike, whereas, currently, she is endorsed by Addidas from her clothes to the shoes. Her major source of wealth comes from her tennis career and she is living a cool lifestyle. As prize money, she has made $1,685,756 till now.
How tall is Elena Rybakina?
Athletic bodybuilder, Elena has a tall height of 6 ft or 183 cm. She has a well-maintained body build with a balanced body weight of 65 Kg or 143.5 lbs. She has a beautiful pair of green eyes and her hair color is light brown. She ears her hair in a single braided pigtail while playing. She has an affable smile with a radiant face. Her breast size is 34 in and her bra size is 38B. Her hip size is 35 in and her waist size is 24 in. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a charming personality.