Eliza Patricia Dushku is an American actress and producer who is professionally known as Eliza Dushku. She became widely known for her starring role as Faith on “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and its spinoff series “Angel”. She played lead roles on the Fox TV series “Dollhouse” and “Tru Calling”. Dushku made her first film appearance in a 1992 romantic drama film “That Night” in the role of Alice Bloom. Her film roles include “True Lies”, “The New Guy”, “Bring It On” and “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back”. She has done voice work for numerous video games and animated films. Besides, Eliza also shared a message of support for Charisma Carpenter, in reference to allegations of abuse against “Buffy” creator Joss Whedon.
Eliza Dushku details harassment accusations at ‘Bull’ to congress
Eliza Dushku testified in front of the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday about her sexual harassment accusations during her time on “Bull.” In 2018, CBS agreed to pay Dushku $9.5 million after she claimed she was written off of “Bull” in retaliation for accusations she came forward with against Michael Weatherly. Before Congress, Dushku was able to talk outside a non-disclosure agreement.
The actress said in her testimony: “In 2017, I was aggressively pursued by CBS to become a co-lead in a show called ‘Bull.’ I was told that the role would be a six-year commitment to play a smart, strong leading lady a competent, high-powered lawyer meant to counterbalance the existing male lead and that the role had been written specifically with me in mind. However, in my first week at my new job, I found myself the brunt of crude, sexualized, and lewd verbal assaults. I suffered near-constant sexual harassment from my co-star.”
- Being an American actress and producer.
- For her starring role as Faith on “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and its spinoff series Angel.
Where is Eliza Dushku from?
Eliza Dushku stepped for the very first time on 30th December 1980 in Watertown, Massachusetts, U.S. She was born with the real name of Eliza Patricia Dushku. She is of American nationality and she came from mixed ethnic background family as her father was Boston-born, of Albanian heritage, and her mother, from Idaho, is of Danish, English, Irish and German descent. Eliza’s present age is 40 and she will be celebrating her 41st birthday in the coming December of 2021. As per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Capricorn. Thus, her race is white. She is the only daughter and youngest of the four children of the school teacher and administrator Philip Richard George Dushku (father) and Judy Dushku (mother), a political science professor. Her parents were divorced before she was born. She has three older brothers named Nate Dushku, Aaron Dushku, and Benjamin Dushku. As per her religious belief, she is Mormon but she is not actively practicing.
Regarding Dushku’s education qualification, she attended Beaver Country Day School in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, and graduated from Watertown High School.
What does Eliza Dushku do for a living?
- Eliza Dushku kicks off her career casting as an agent at the age of 10 years old after which she was chosen in a five-month search for the lead role of Alice in the 1992 romantic drama film “That Night”.
- She then starred in the drama film “This Boy’s Life” in 1993 and also played the teenage daughter of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jamie Lee Curtis in the action spy film “True Lies” in the following year.
- She was seen as Faith Lehane in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and appeared in the hit cheerleader comedy “Bring It On” in 2000.
- In 2001, she appeared in “The New Guy” with DJ Qualls and “City by the Sea” as well as Kevin Smith invited Dushku to be a part of “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back” in the same year.
- She also appeared in the Off-Broadway play “Dog Sees God” in December 2005 and played the lead character on “Nurses” which was the second Fox pilot in which she was cast, but not broadcast.
- Also, she has voiced the role of Yumi Sawamura in the English-language version of “Yakuza” for the PlayStation 2, which was published and developed by Sega, and released in September 2006.
- She stars as Shaundi, one of the lead characters in “Saints Row 2” whereas she was also the voice talent for the role of Rubi Malone, the main character in the game “WET”.
- Eliza played the main character in “The Thacker Case” and “The Alphabet Killer” as well as she signed a development deal with Fox Broadcasting Company and 20th Century Fox on 26th August 2007.
- It was announced on 31st October that she had lured Joss Whedon, of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”, back to TV, to create a television series called “Dollhouse”.
- She was the voice actor for contract killer “Rubi Malone” in the action video game “Wet” whereas she also provided her voice for “Noah’s Ark: The New Beginning” and appeared in the film “Locked In” in 2010.
- Dushku also had a lead role in the online animated “motion comic” series “Torchwood: Web of Lies”, based on the BBC series “Torchwood: Miracle Day”.
- As well, she voiced the role of She-Hulk in the Disney XD animated series “Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.” from 2013 to 2015.
- Besides, Eliza visited Albania with a crew from the Travel Channel and Lonely Planet to film “Dear Albania” in August 2011 which was a documentary promoting tourism in her father’s family’s country of origin.
- Her production company, in association with IM Global Television, was reported to be developing Glen Cook’s “The Black Company” series of books for a television series, with Dushku potentially starring as The Lady in 2017.
- Eliza Dushku serves on the board of directors of the THRIVE-Gulu organization (The Trauma Healing and Reflection Center in Gulu) which her mother and stepfather co-founded.
- As a role model to campus leaders for her activism, she was invited by the Millennium Campus Network (MCN) is a national keynote speaker and honored as a Global Generation Award winner alongside U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry at MCN events in 2011
Awards and Achievements
- Dushku was ranked by “Maxim” magazine as 6th on the “Hot 100 Women of 2009” list.
- Dushku was named Ambassador for the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show Entertainment Matters program in October 2011.
Who is Eliza Dushku Husband?
Eliza Dushku is a married woman. She became engaged to businessman Peter Palandjian and they tied the knot on 18th August 2018 and in August 2019, Dushku gave birth to the couple’s son, Philip Bourne. In February 2021, she announced via Instagram that she was pregnant with a second child and in August 2021, she gave birth to the couple’s second son, Bodan. Peter’s and Eliza’s relationship is outstanding till now and hope it will remain as same as in the future too. Talking about Eliza’s sexual orientation, she is straight.
Previously, she dated former Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers basketball player Rick Fox in October 2009, and in August 2010 the couple confirmed that they were living together however, it was announced on 24th June 2014, that the pair had split.
What is the Net Worth of Eliza Dushku?
Eliza Dushku is a versatile woman who has a net worth of $20 million as of 2021 whereas her exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. She has a long road ahead of her and she definitely holds all the potential to make it big in the industry. At the age of 12, she made her promotional appearance in an Australian commercial. She has also modeled for makeup cosmetics published in InStyle Magazine. Eliza has also appeared in a Hulu video commercial from where gains a fine amount of money. In addition, her major source of income is from her actress and producer career.
How tall is Eliza Dushku?
Eliza Dushku is 5 ft 5 in or 165 cm tall and her body weighs around 55 kg or 121 lbs. She has dark brown hair and eyes color. Eliza has a slim body build with 35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm of body measurement. She has said that she has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Dushku attended a Youth Summit on Opioid Awareness on 7th March 2017, where she revealed that she was a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, having begun drinking and abusing drugs at the age of 14. She said her addictions were at one point so serious that her brother forbade her from being left alone with her niece, his daughter Sofia, and that she was eight-and-a-half years sober.