Elizabeth Banks, who started her career as a television actor, became popular through her Broadway appearances in ‘The 40-Year-Old Virgin,’ ‘Invincible,’ ‘Spiderman,’ and ‘The Hunger Games. During her childhood, she was tomboyish who loved riding horses. Her primary aim was to become an athlete, but when she fractured her leg in a softball match, she concentrated on becoming an actor and worked towards achieving her goal. She is a versatile actor who has proved her mettle in different genres, such as drama, comedy, horror, and science fiction. Her prolific acting has won her ‘Emmy Awards’ and other honors. Let’s know more about the actress through this article.
What is Elizabeth Banks famous for?
Elizabeth Banks is an American actress and filmmaker, who became known with significant roles in The Hunger Games film series and Pitch Perfect franchise. She started her career on television and went on to gain immense popularity through her sheer performance in films including Spider-Man trilogy, Seabiscuit, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, The Lego Movie, and Power Rangers.
Where is Elizabeth Banks from?
Recalling her early life, Elizabeth Banks was born in Massachusetts, United States. Her father, Mark Mitchell was a Vietnam veteran. Later he started working for General Electric as a factory worker. Her mother, Ann Mitchell worked in a bank.
While growing up, Elizabeth had the personality of a tomboy. She used to ride horses and play baseball. She first stepped into the world of acting in her childhood when she appeared in a school play. She has a younger brother, Geoff Mitchell.
Concerning her education, she graduated from Pittsfield High School in 1992. Soon after that, she attended the University of Pennsylvania from where she graduated magna cum laude (means “with great honor”) in 1996. In 1998, she earned her Master of Fine Arts degree from American Conservatory Theater.
When did Elizabeth Banks begin to start acting?
- Talking about her career, Elizabeth started acting in the year 1998 doing minor roles in TV and movies. She got an appreciation after being featured in Surrender Dorothy in the year 1998. It was her debut and the movie is based on drug addiction.
- She has been featured in the comedy series, Sex, and the City. Other mega movies in which she was starred were Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Pitch Perfect, Pitch Perfect 2, Pitch Perfect 3, etc.
- In addition to this, her character in films like Seabiscuit of the year 2003 and Role Models of the year 2008 is also considered as an appreciable work undertaken by him.
- And after that, she worked in various movies and is part of many other successful Hollywood movies. It was in August 2005, she appeared in William Inge’s Bus Stop as Cherie.
- Elizabeth also appeared in one of the American football drama films Invincible playing the role of Mark Wahlberg in 2006. In the year 2007, she played the female lead in the comedy film Meet Bill.
- Moreover, in 2018, Elizabeth co-starred as Jenny in the comedy film The Happytime Murders, alongside Melissa McCarthy and Maya Rudolph.
- In 2019, she reprised her starring role as Lucy / Wyldstyle in the animated comedy film The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part. She then starred as Tori Breyer in the superhero horror film Brightburn.
- On May 2, 2019, ABC announced Banks as the host of the summer 2019 revival of the game show Press Your Luck. She directed, produced, wrote, and starred as Bosley in the action-comedy bomb Charlie’s Angels, which was released in November 2019. She will also appear in the FX miniseries Mrs. America as Jill Ruckelshaus.
What are the achievements of Elizabeth Banks?
- She has up to now own and been nominated in various awards. In 2016, she won Best Vocal Ensemble in a Video Game in BTVA People’s Choice Voice Acting Award and also in BTVA Video Game Voice Acting Award.
- Likewise, in CinemaCon, USA, she won Breakthrough Filmmaker of the Year (2015) and Excellence In Acting (2013).
- Furthermore, in the Las Vegas Film Critics Society Awards 2015, she won Best Supporting Actress. Moreover, she gets nominated for various of the other awards.
Is Elizabeth Banks still married?
Reflecting on her personal life, Elizabeth married to the sportswriter and producer, Max Handelman. They wed in the year 2003. She converted her religion into Judaism post marriage. She first met her husband, Max on the first day of their colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania on September 6, 1992.
In March 2011, she gave birth to their first child, son Felix (born via surrogacy). In November 2012, the family welcomed another child, son Magnus Mitchell (again born via surrogacy). Moreover, both her children were raised in Catholic and Protestant beliefs.
Along with her husband, she runs a production company named ‘Brownstone.’ As a social worker, she is actively involved in the ‘Go Red for Women’ campaign. For one of its awareness campaigns on heart disease, she acted in the documentary ‘Just a Little Heart Attack.’ She is in favor of ‘Planned Parenthood,’ and extended her support to Barack Obama who insisted on federal funding for the same.
How much is Elizabeth Banks worth?
As an American actress, producer, and director, Elizabeth earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $50 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How old is Elizabeth Banks?
Observing her body physics, Elizabeth stands a height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs around 55 Kg. She has a pair of blue eyes and blond hair color. She used to wear 38B (US) bra size and 6 (US) dress size. Further, her body measures 34-25-35 inches and used 7 (US) shoe size.