Born with the birth name of Ellen Grace Philpotts-Page changed the name to Elliot Page after coming out as transgender in December 2020. Elliot Page is a famous Canadian actor and a producer. From 1999 to 2000, Elliot appeared in CBC’s television series “Pit Pony” for his role as Maggie Maclean which was his debut TV Show where he appeared in a total of 29 episodes. He made his film debut in the 2002 short film “The Wet Season” for his role as Jocelyn. After that, he appeared in the recurring roles in “Trailer Park Boys” (2002) and “ReGenesis” (2004). Page also received recognition for his role in the film Hard Candy (2005) and won the Austin Film Critics Association’s Award for Best Actress. For his role in the 2007 film “Juno”, he earned nominations for an Academy Award, a BAFTA Award, a Critics’ Choice Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. His other notable movies are The Tracey Fragments (2007), Whip It (2009), Super (2010), Inception (2010), Tallulah (2016), X-Men films The Last Stand (2006), and Days of Future Past (2014). As a producer, he produced the film Freeheld (2015) in which he also starred, and made his directorial debut with the documentary There’s Something in the Water (2019). He is nicknamed Peeps, Small, The Tiny Canadian. At a human rights campaign in Las Vegas on 14th February 2014, Page revealed his homosexuality and came out as a lesbian. Recently, he came out as a transgender.
“Juno” star announces he is transgender
Elliot Page, previously known as Ellen Page, come out as transgender, introducing himself as Elliot Page on Tuesday in social media posts. He said he could not “begin to express how remarkable it feels to finally love who I am enough to pursue my authentic self”. “I love that I am trans. And I love that I am queer,” he wrote on Twitter. Page also used the post to address discrimination towards trans people. “The truth is, despite feeling profoundly happy right now and knowing how much privilege I carry, I am also scared. I’m scared of the invasiveness, the hate, the ‘jokes’ and of violence,” the 33-year-old wrote. “To be clear, I am not trying to dampen a moment that is joyous and one that I celebrate, but I want to address the full picture. The statistics are staggering.” Addressing the trans community, Page said he would “do everything I can to change this world for the better”.
- Being an actor and producer.
- For playing Juno MacGuff in comedy-drama film “Juno” (2007), Ariadne in science fiction heist thriller film “Inception” (2010), and as Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat in the superhero film “X-Men” film series.
What is the Birthplace of Elliot Page?
On 21st February 1987, Elliot Page was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (hometown). His birth name/full name is Ellen Grace Philpotts-Page. He holds Canadian nationality and his ethnic background is Canadian-White. His race is White. He was born to his parents; Martha Philpotts (mother), a teacher by profession, and Dennis Page (father), a graphic designer. His religion is Atheist and his horoscope sign is Pisces. Concerning his education, he attended the Halifax Grammar School until grade 10, spent some time at Queen Elizabeth High School, and graduated from the Shambhala School in 2005. He also spent two years in Toronto, Ontario, studying in the Interact Program at Vaughan Road Academy, along with close friend and fellow Canadian actor Mark Rendall. As of 2020, he celebrated his 33rd birthday.
How was the Career of Elliot Page?
- Elliot Page started his acting career by appearing in the recurring role of Maggie Maclean in the television film “Pit Pony” in the year 1997 which later spun off into a TV series of the same name which ran until the year 2000.
- Page next made an appearance as Treena Lahey in Mike Clattenburg’s Canadian mockumentary television series “Trailer Park Boys”.
- He then appeared in the movie “Marion Bridge” in the year 2002; “Touch & Go” and “Love That Boy” in 2003; “Wilby Wonderful” in 2004.
- He also starred in the television films “Homeless to Harvard: The Liz Murray Story” and “Ghost Cat”.
- In the year 2005, he appeared in a drama film titled “Mouth to Mouth”, “Hard Candy”.
- In 2006, he appeared in one of the superhero film “X-Men: The Last Stand” and “X-Men: Days of Future Past”.
- Likewise, he made his next role in the comedy-drama independent movie “Juno” in 2007.
- He then starred in Smart People (2008), An American Crime (2007), The Stone Angel, The Tracey Fragments (2007).
- He guest starred in the episode “Waverly Hills 9-0-2-1-D’oh” of the animated series “The Simpsons” on 3rd May 2009.
- He also starred in Drew Barrymore’s directorial debut, “Whip It”, in the same year.
- He was featured in Michael Lander’s film Peacock, which was released in 2010.
- He then got the chance to perform alongside Marion Cotillard, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in one of Christopher Nolan’s directorial ventures “Inception” in 2010.
- It was announced in April 2011 stating that Page would co-star as Monica in the Woody Allen film “To Rome with Love”, a film which is told in four separate vignettes; the film was released in the year 2012.
- His other notable movies are “The East”, “Into the Forest”, “Tallulah”, “Flatliners”, “My Days of Mercy”, “Freeheld”.
- Page reprised his role as Kitty Pryde in “X-Men: Days of Future Past” (2014).
- He also had voice roles in the films “Window Horses” and “My Life as a Zucchini”.
- On 9th November 2017, it was announced that Page had been cast in the main role of Vanya Hargreeves in the Netflix series, “The Umbrella Academy”.
- He then produced and starred in the film “The Cured”. Also, he starred in the Netflix miniseries “Tales of the City” as Shawna Hopkins in 2019.
- Page, along with Ian Daniel, directed and produced the documentary “There’s Something in the Water” which was released on 27th March 2020.
- He will next have voice roles in the upcoming films “Naya Legend of the Golden Dolphin” and “Robodog”.
Awards and Achievements of Elliot Page
Elliot Раgе is an award-winning actor. He wаѕ fеаturеd іn thе уеаr 2005 drаmа “Наrd Саndу”. Fоr hеr реrfоrmаnсе, hе wоn Аuѕtіn Fіlm Сrіtісѕ Аѕѕосіаtіоn’ѕ Аwаrd fоr Веѕt Асtrеѕѕ. Additionally, his brеаkthrоugh rоlе in “Јunо” gоt his nоmіnаtіоnѕ fоr ВАFТА, Асаdеmу Аwаrd, Gоldеn Glоbе аѕ wеll аѕ Ѕсrееn Асtоrѕ Guіld Аwаrd fоr Веѕt Асtrеѕѕ. Ѕhе hаѕ also wоn аwаrdѕ lіkе thе МТV Моvіе Аwаrd, Іndереndеnt Ѕріrіt Аwаrd, and Тееn Сhоісе Аwаrd fоr Веѕt Асtrеѕѕ Соmеdу. She also won MTV Movie Awards for his role in 2010 film “Inception” for the catagory of ‘Best Frightened Performance’.
Who is Elliot Page’s Partner?
Elliot Page is married to his longtime girlfriend, Emma Portner on 3rd January 2018. By profession, Emma Porter is a dancer, The couple also recorded Britney Spears’ Lucky together. The duo announced their marriage via Instagram by posting a picture of their matching wedding rings. At the time, Page captioned a picture of the pair’s hands showcasing their wedding bands, “Can’t believe I get to call this extraordinary woman my wife.” As of today, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. Elliot Page is transgender by sexual orientation. On Tuesday (1st December 2020), Emma proudly stood by her spouse as he bravely came out to the world as a transgender person. The couple is residing in New York City.
Everything You Need To Know About Emma Portner
Back then, he was in a relationship with Samantha Thomas who was an artist. From the year 2008 until 2009, he dated Mark Rendall. In the year 2011. he was romantically linked with Clea DuVall. He also had a brief relationship with Alexander Skarsgard from 2012 to 2013.
How much is Elliot Page’s Net Worth?
Elliot Page is a very successful actor who has appeared in many movies and TV Shows. As of 2020, the net worth of Elliot Page is estimated to have $16 Million. His exact salary figure has not been revealed yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a good amount of money from his career. His major source of income comes from the entertainment industry. He also owns a house in Hollywood Hills Home which he bought from Venus Williams for $1.7 million. He also has a Ferrari worth $256,550. In the year 2010, Elliot was the spokesperson for “Cisco Systems” and had appeared in a series of advertisements. He is living a luxurious lifestyle as of now.
How tall is Elliot Page?
Elliot Page stands tall at the height of 5 ft 1 in or 1.55 m. He has an athletic body build and his weight is around 48 kg (106 pounds). He has dark brown colored hair with a pair of hazel eyes. His body measurement is 32-23-33 in or 81-58.5-84 cm. His dress size of 2 (US) or 36 (EU) or 6 (UK) and his shoe size is 6 (US) or 36.5 (EU). Overall, he has got a healthy body as of now. He is a Vegan and PETA named him and Jared Leto the Sexiest Vegetarians of 2014.