The baseball community paid tribute to Eric Cooper after news regarding his death spread the internet and social media. He was an American professional baseball umpire and has worked throughout Major League Baseball from 1999. He wore his iconic number 56 in the field. He had umpired many games ranging from Division Series, Four League Championship Series, and much more. His absence will surely be missed by the players and fans of baseball, as well. Let’s know more about Eric through this article.
Where is Eric Cooper born?
Recalling his early life, Eric Cooper was born as Eric Richard Cooper in Des Moines, Iowa. He is American by nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. Unfortunately, there is no information about his past life and his families available on online sites.
Regarding his education, He graduated from Iowa State University with a degree in transportation logistics.
What is the profession of Eric Cooper?
- Cooper consistently wore number 56 as an umpire. He worked the Division Series the League Championship Series, the Major League Baseball Wild Card Game the 2014 World Series, and the 2005 All-Star Game. Cooper also worked the World Baseball Classic in 2009 and 2013.
- He was the home plate umpire for Hideo Nomo’s no-hitter in 2001, and for Mark Buehrle’s no-hitter against the Texas Rangers on April 18, 2007.
- Eric was also behind the plate for Buehrle’s subsequent perfect game thrown in 2009. He joined Ed Vargo as umpires who had called balls and strikes for two no-hitters by the same pitcher.
- Eric was the plate umpire for the game on September 11, 2008, in which Francisco Rodriguez tied the major league single-season save the record. Cooper was struck by a foul ball during the game but was able to continue after a brief pause.
- Eric was also the third base umpire in the last game played at the old Yankee Stadium in 2008.
- He worked his final game on October 7, 2019, in the 2019 American League Division Series.
Who is Eric Cooper married to?
Reflecting on her body statistics, Eric was a married man. He was married to Tara Cooper. The duo is proud to be the parents of two children. The information about when they met and tie a knot is yet to be disclosed. Until his death, he was spending a happy life with his wife and children.
What is the reason behind Eric Cooper?
Eric Cooper’s died on October 20, 2019, after he developed a blood clot following knee surgery earlier in the week. He was recuperating at his father’s house in Iowa. He was 52 years old at the time of his death. Before his tragic death, he worked as the Major League Baseball umpire at the AL Division Series two weeks prior.
After Commissioner Rob Manfred announced his death on Sunday, social media was flooded with tributes and condolences from his friends and players. “This is a very sad day across Major League Baseball,” Manfred said in a statement.
How much net worth does Eric Cooper?
As an umpire, Eric earns a decent amount of money from his career. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $30 million at the time of his death while his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Eric Cooper?
Before his death, Eric has a decent height and weight. He has a pair of brown eyes. The information about his body statistic is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.