Eric Fisher is an American football offensive tackle who is currently playing for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Central Michigan University from the year 2009 to 2012. He was recognized as a first-team All- American thereby Pro Football Weekly. He also became just the second Central Michigan Chippewa to be taken in the first round in the NFL Draft after Joe Staley. He was drafted by the Chiefs first overall in the 2013 NFL Draft becoming the first MAC player to be drafted No.1 overall. Recently, he signed a four-year extension contract with the Chiefs worth $48 million. The contract guaranteed $40 million. He was ranked as the number one left tackle of the week after his strong performance by Pro Football in week one of the 2016 season. In the Week 3 game of the Chiefs’ 2020 season against the Baltimore Ravens, he lined up as an eligible receiver and caught a two-yard pass for a touchdown, the first of his career. His shirt number/jersey number is 72.
Chiefs left tackle Eric Fisher cherishes first-ever professional touchdown
Kansas City Chiefs LT Eric Fisher caught his first career touchdown pass in Week 3 against the Baltimore Ravens. He revealed it was the first time he’d been in the endzone since back in high school. “Last time I was in the endzone, so we ran the veer in high school,” Fisher told reporters on Wednesday. “I was an outside linebacker for my sophomore, junior year, but we had a tight end package on the goal line, just kind of like throw it up to me in the corner of the endzone. So the junior year was probably the last before that freshman year when I played quarterback, got a couple of touchdowns. But yeah, I haven’t been in the endzone so much.” It was a memorable moment for the Chiefs’ offensive lineman, but he might not actually be able to remember too much of it, at least per his reaction on the sideline. The NFL’s latest episode of Mic’d up caught Fisher’s reaction after he caught the touchdown that would ice the game in Baltimore. It was a pretty classic moment from Fisher. With 8:19 remaining in the fourth quarter, Fisher reported as an eligible receiver on a first-and-goal at the Baltimore 2-yard line – something NFL teams will sometimes do to give the defense an extra receiver to worry about. The Chiefs added another wrinkle to the ruse, sending in Nick Allegretti as an extra blocker – telegraphing to the Ravens that a running play was likely.
- Being a professional footballer for Kansas City Chiefs.
- For winning the 2010 GMAC Bowl and the 2012 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl at Central Michigan University, where he was a First-Team All-American.
Who are the Parents of Eric Fisher?
On 5th January 1991, Eric Fisher was born in his birthplace/hometown in Rochester, Michigan, the USA. He was born with the real name/birth name of Eric William Fisher. He holds an American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. His race is White. As of 2020, he celebrated his 29th birthday. He was raised with his sibling (sister) by his mother, Heidi Langegger. During that time she also overcame Thyroid Cancer while raising them on her own. His father’s name was Tim Fisher. Capricorn is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. As per his education, he attended Stoney Creek High School and later attended Central Michigan College. During his high school, he was an All-State honorable mention lineman for the football team. He was also regarded as a two-star recruit by Rivals.com.
For which team, Eric Fisher is playing for?
- From the year 2009, Eric Fisher started playing football at Central Michigan University until the year 2012.
- During his playing career between three years, he was recognized as a first-team All-American by Pro Football Weekly, a second-team selection by Sports Illustrated.
- He also achieved third-team honors from the Associated Press.
- He also became a first-team All-Mid-American Conference (MAC) selection and was also the part of two bowl wins while at Central Michigan; the 2010 GMAC Bowl and the 2012 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.
- Regarding his professional career, he was selected by the Kansas City Chiefs with the first overall pick, becoming the first MAC player to be drafted No. 1 overall.
- He signed a guaranteed contract with the Chiefs worth $22.1 million with a $14.5 million signing bonus on 26th July 2013.
- At his beginning of the 2013 season, he allowed 7 sacks and 35 hurries.
- He then played in 14 games, of which he started 13, during his rookie year of 2013.
- He played in 16 games, starting in 14 during his 2015 season.
- Later, the Chiefs extended his fifth-year option contract where he signed a four-year contract extension with the Chiefs worth $48 million, including $40 million guaranteed on 30th July 2016.
- In the year 2019, he was limited to eight games due to injuries and struggles. Despite this, Fisher and the Chiefs went on to win Super Bowl LIV, their first championship in 50 years.
- He became tied with Anthony Sherman and fellow 2013 draftee Travis Kelce as the longest-tenured members of the Chiefs in the season 2020.
- Against the Baltimore Ravens, he lined up as an eligible receiver and caught a two-yard pass for a touchdown, the first of his career in the Week 3 game of the Chiefs’ 2020 season.
Awards and Achievements of Eric Fisher
- Super Bowl champion (LIV)
- Pro Bowl (2018)
- First-team All-American (2012)
- First-team All-MAC (2012)
- Third-team All-MAC (2011)
Career Stats of Eric Fisher as of Week 3, 2020
- Games played: 105
- Games started: 101
Who is Eric Fisher’s Girlfriend?
Eric Fisher is an unmarried man. He is still to get married. At present, he is assumed to be singe as he is too busy with his games and has not been spotted dating anyone. He has no girlfriend to date. He might be busy with his career and focusing on his career rather than being in a relationship. He has not mentioned anything about his past affairs and relationship. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Eric Fisher’s Net Worth?
Eric Fisher is a professional footballer by profession who has made a huge amount of money from his career. He was selected by the Kansas City Chiefs with the first overall pick, becoming the first MAC player to be drafted No. 1 overall and signed a guaranteed contract with the Chiefs worth $22.1 million with a $14.5 million signing bonus on 26th July 2013. He then signed a four-year contract extension with the Chiefs worth $48 million, including $40 million guaranteed as of 30th July 2016. As of 2020, the exact net worth of Eric Fisher has not been disclosed yet. It can be estimated that his net worth is between $10 Million-$20 Million. He is receiving a paycheck of $12 Million as a salary from his current team, Kansas City Chiefs. As of today, he is satisfied with his earnings and he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his career. His major source of wealth comes from a football career.
How tall is Eric Fisher?
A 29-Years old, Eric Fisher is a very handsome person who has grabbed a lot of people’s attention towards him. He stands tall at the height of 6 ft 7 in or 2.01 m with a balanced body weight of 143 Kg or 315 lbs. His body build is an Athletic. He maintains his body a lot and he also does frequent exercises to keep his body strong. He has got a perfect body measurement whereas the body details are still to get revealed yet.