Felix Abraham Graham Hernandez Garcia famed as Felix Hernandez is a famous Venezuelan-American professional baseball pitcher for the Atlanta Braves of Major League Baseball (MLB). He has earned many titles and awards so far including AL Cy Young Award, and MLB Wins leader 2009. Mariners selected him directly out of high school in 2002 for a signing bonus of $710,000 while he made his MLB debut in 2005. Overall, he is a very talented baseball player. Let’s discuss his early life, net worth, children, wife below.
Felix Hernandez gets minor league deal with Braves
Felix Hernandez reached a minor league deal with the Atlanta Braves on Monday that includes an invite to big league spring training. The right-hander would get a $1 million, one-year contract if added to Atlanta’s 40-man roster. Hernandez, who turns 34 in April, is coming off his worst season in the majors. King Felix went 1-8 with a 6.40 ERA in 15 starts for the Mariners and lost his place in the rotation. He was among the best and more durable pitchers in the majors for more than a decade, a stretch that included six All-Star selections and the 2010 AL Cy Young Award. He was a huge crowd favorite at Safeco Field, with fans holding up K cards in The King’s Court to mark his many strikeouts.
- For playing as Pitcher for the Atlanta Braves of Major League Baseball (MLB).
- For winning AL Cy Young Award.
Who are the Parents of Felix Hernandez?
On 8th April 1986, Felix Hernandez was born in Valencia, Venezuela, to parents Felix Hernandez Sr. and Mirian Hernandez as Felix Abraham Graham Hernandez Garcia. His father was a businessman who was the owner of the trucking business. He also has a brother named Moises Alexander Hernandez with whom he spent his childhood. He became an American citizen in 2018 before that he was Venezuelan. His religion is Christian and his ethnicity is Mixed. As of 2019, he celebrated his 33rd birthday.
How Felix Hernandez Started his Baseball Career?
- In 2003, Felix came to the United States and began pitching in the Mariners’ minor league system.
- He was named the Mariners’ minor league pitcher of the year in 2004, a season that also saw him make an appearance in the Futures Game.
- Later, he was dubbed “King Felix” by the U.S.S. Mariner fan blog during his minor league years.
- He made his debut on August 4, 2005, in a 3-1 loss in a road game against the Detroit Tigers.
- He won the honor of being named the team’s Opening Day starter in 2007.
- He finished the 2008 season with a 9-11 record posting 3.45 ERA and 175 strikeouts. He also threw the fastest fastball of all AL starters in 2008, averaging 94.6 miles per hour.
- He finished the 2009 season 19-5 with a 2.49 ERA and 217 strikeouts and was in strong contention for the AL Cy Young Award.
- On January 21, 2010, the Seattle Mariners and Hernandez agreed to a 5-year contract extension worth about $78 million, which added to the involved offseason in which the Mariners traded for Cliff Lee and Milton Bradley.
- The Baseball Prospectus Internet Baseball Awards named him its AL Cy Young Winner.
- He was selected to the American League All-Star Team for the second time in 2011.
- He was selected for his third All-Star Game on July 1, 2012.
- He signed a seven-year extension with the Mariners worth $175 million, voiding the final two years of his previous deal and including a team option for 2020 on 13th February 2013.
- The contract made him the highest-paid pitcher in Major League history until he was surpassed by the $180 million extensions signed by Justin Verlander of the Detroit Tigers in March 2013.
- He pitched the Mariners season opener on March 31 against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in 2014.
- He won his second American League ERA title with a 2.14 ERA, three points under that of Chicago White Sox pitcher Chris Sale.
- He finished second in the AL Cy Young Award race behind Cleveland Indians pitcher Corey Kluber in 204 seasons.
- He was selected as an All-Star along with teammate Nelson Cruz by Ned Yost, the 2015 All-Star Game manager.
- He started on Opening Day again on April 4, 2016, and earned his 150th career win, defeating Mike Trout and the Angels by a score of 3-2.
- He was removed from the game after an apparent shoulder injury on 25th April 2017 and was revealed that he would miss from three to four weeks due to right shoulder bursitis.
- He was removed from a Spring Training game against the Chicago Cubs in 2018 season and finished the worst season of his career, going 8-14 with an ERA of 5.55 in 155 2/3 innings in 2018.
- He began the 2019 season against the Los Angeles Angels and ended the 2019 season with a 1-8 record, 57 strikeouts, and an ERA of 6.40 in 71 2/3 innings and became a free agent on 31st October 2019.
- On 20th January 2020, he signed a minor-league deal with the Atlanta Braves for $1 million.
How much is Felix Hernandez’s Net Worth?
Felix Hernandez is one of the talented and well-known baseball pitchers. With his major source of earning as baseball, he has accumulated a huge amout of money. He is one of the highest-paid players with an annual salary of $27,857,142. His net worth is estimated to have more than $100 Million as of 2020. He is currently under a seven years contract for $175 million signed on February 12, 2013. The contract includes a signing bonus of $6 million while the guaranteed amount is $175 million with an average salary of $25 million. He has a beautiful car collection which includes some of the world’s best and expensive car brands. Felix owns a Lamborghini since he has posted a photo on his Instagram, showing his car in his parking area. He owns Ferrari and Rolls Royce.
Is Felix Hernandez Married?
Yes, Felix Hernandez is a married person. He married his love Sandra Hernandez on March 14, 2008, and their family and friends attended the wedding ceremony. The couple has been together for more than a decade despite that there are no complications in the married life. The duo is together since their teenage. The couple is also blessed with two beautiful children; a son and a daughter. Their son Jeremy was born in 2009 while daughter Mia was born in 2005. Both of them are currently residing with their parents. loves his family a lot as he spends most of his leisure time with his wife and children.
How tall is Felix Hernandez?
With an athletic body build, Felix stands at the tall height of 1.90 m with an average body weight of 102 Kg matching with his height. His other body measurements such as shoe size, hair color, biceps size and more will be added soon once we get information regarding his body details. Overall, he has got a very healthy body with a charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him.