If you do not listen to what churchgoers describe as secular music, and do not pay attention to blog posts that carry gossip about celebrities, finding out that the rapper and record producer named Future has been able to achieve a net worth of $40 million might be somewhat surprising. However, if songs like Turn On the Lights, Move That Dope, Jumpman, and Mask Off have at some time been your favorite songs to workout or dance to, then the Atlanta, Georgia native is definitely no stranger and his earnings are nothing but a confirmation that he is being duly rewarded for his hard work. Let’s know more about him and his career through this article.
What is Future known for?
Future is one of the hottest American rappers of recent times; he has everything going for him–the fan following, the music, the sound, and the chart-busting albums. He officially became the first-ever artist to knock out his album (FUTURE) from the number 1 spot to replace it with yet another album of his (HNDRXX). With this, Future became the only musician in the Billboard’s history to ever debut two back-to-back #1 albums. Interestingly, it was his cousin who first introduced him to music and rapping.
Where are future parents from?
Recalling his early life, Future was born as Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn in Atlanta, Georgia in a family of street hustlers. Information regarding his family and siblings is yet to be disclosed. Regarding his education, He attended Columbia High School.
As a child, He was one of the members of the musical collective ‘The Dungeon Family’. It was there that he was nicknamed Future, a name that stayed with him for the rest of his life. It was his cousin, Rico Wade who encouraged him to hone his writing skills and make a career out of rapping.
When did Future begin to start his career?
- Moving towards his career, Future his music career as a member of the musical collective, Dungeon Family. The group is located in Atlanta, George, and they specialize in Southern hip hop with some funk/soul influence. He released several early mixtapes such as Dirty Sprite, True Story and Streetz Calling. He worked alongside rapper Gucci Mane on the album Free Bricks (2011).
- His debut studio album, Pluto was released in April 2012 by A1 Recordings and Epic Records. The album sold over 200,000copies in the United Staes. It featured guest artists like T.I. and Snoop Dogg.
- His second album, Honest was released in 2014. It was led by the singles Karate Chop, Honest, and Move That Dope. He followed up with the mixtapes Monster (2014), Beast Mode (2015) and 56 Nights (2015).
- His third album, DS2 was released in July 2015 at the #1 spot the Billboard 200. It was certified Platinum by the RIAA. The collaborative mixtape What a Time to Be Alive with Drake was released two months later.
- His other albums include EVOL (2016), FUTURE (2017) and HNDRXX (2017). The 2017 single Mask Off peaked at #5 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was certified Platinum in the US, Canada, and France.
- On October 19th, 2018, He released Wrld On Drugs, a collaborative mixtape with fellow American rapper Juice Wrld. World on Drugs debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200 behind A Star Is Born by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, with 98,000 album-equivalent units, which included 8,000 pure album sales. It became his tenth top-ten album in the United States, and Juice World’s second.
- On June 7th, 2019, He released his second project of the year, his debut solo EP titled Save Me. Save Me received mixed reviews from music critics and debuted at number 5 on the US Billboard 200.
Who is Future married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Future currently has six children with six different women: Jessica Smith, Brittni Mealy, India J, singer Ciara, Joie Chavis, and an unidentified woman. He was engaged to Ciara in October 2013. Their son, Future Zahir Wilburn, was born on May 19th, 2014. Ciara ended the engagement in August 2014 due to his infidelity. His fifth child, Hendrix, was born on Christmas in 2018.
How much net worth does Future own?
Being a part of the music industry, Future earns a decent amount of money and fame through his profession as a rapper. Based on online sites, his estimated net worth is said to be $40 million. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is the Future?
Observing his body statistics, Future earns a height of 6 feet 2 inches and weighs around 87 Kg. He has a pair of black hair and dark brown eyes. His body measures 40-24-33 inches including his chest, biceps, and waist. Future, he has an athletic body build.