Gabrielle Christina Victoria Douglas, professionally known as Gabrielle Douglas is an American artistic gymnast. Having started gymnastics at the age of 6, she later went on to become one of the successful athletes. After winning several junior championships, she started her senior career in 2011. Douglas is the 2012 Olympic team and all-around champion. She also won team gold at the World Championships in 2011, 2015, and in the 2016 Olympics. She has also won gold medals at several other championships.
Her life story was adapted in the 2014 Lifetime biopic film, The Gabby Douglas Story.
What is Gabby Douglas Famous For?
- Famous American artistic gymnast.
- Olympic and World champion.
Where is Gabby Douglas From?
Gabby Douglas was born on 31 December 1995. Her birth name is Gabrielle Christina Victoria Douglas. Her birth place is in Newport News, Virginia in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She was born to her father Timothy Douglas and her mother Natalie Hawkins-Douglas. She has three older siblings. She has two sisters, Arielle and Joyelle, and one brother Johnathan. She grew up in Virginia Beach, Virginia. She belongs to the African-American ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Gabby Douglas Career
- Gabby Douglas started training in gymnastics at the age of six.
- She started training at Gymstrada in 2002.
- She won the Level 4 all-around gymnastics title at the 2004 Virginia State Championships.
- She then moved to Des Moines, Iowa at the age of 14, where she began her full-time training under coach Liang Chow. She lived with Travis and Missy Parton and their four daughters.
- She made her international debut in 2008 at the US Classic. She finished 10th in the all-around rankings.
- She then competed at the 2008 Visa Championships in Boston. She failed to qualify for the 2008 Junior Women’s National Team.
- She suffered a fracture in the growth plate of her wrist in 2009 which affected her participation throughout the 2009.
- She placed fourth all-around at the 2010 Nastia Liukin Supergirl Cup.
- She finished third on balance beam, 6th on vault, and 9th all-around in the junior division of the 2010 CoverGirl Classic.
- She won a silver medal on the balance team at the 2010 U.S. Junior National Championships.
- She won the uneven bars title as well as the US team gold medal at the 2010 Pan American Championships.
- She then started to train under Lian Chow. She later suffered a hamstring injury that halted her training experience under Chow.
- She started her professional career in 2011.
- She was part of the US team that won gold at the City of Jesolo Trophy. She finished second on floor, tied for third team on beam, and placed fourth in the all-around and on vault.
- She later went on to win gold medals at several championships.
- She won the US team gold medal at the 2011 World Championships.
- In 2012, she won team gold medal and gold in uneven bars at the Pacific Rim Championships.
- She also won gold in uneven bars at Secret US Classic and US National Championships in 2012.
- She won gold in both all-around and uneven bars at the 2012 US Olympic Trials.
- She went on to win a team gold medal and an all-around gold medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- She left Missy Parton’s home and moved to Los Angeles to be with her family in 2013.
- She did not compete at any major levels in 2013 and 2014.
- She was added back to the U.S. national team in November 2014.
- She won team gold and placed 4th all-around at the 2015 City of Jesolo Trophy.
- She finished second in the all-around behind Simone Biles at the 2015 U.S. Classic.
- She was named to the US team for the Women’s World Championship team.
- They won team gold at the 2015 World Championships. Douglas finished second in all-around and fifth in uneven bars.
- In 2016, she won gold all-around at the 2016 American Cup.
- She won team gold and gold all-around at the City of Jesolo Trophy in 2016.
- She competed at the US Classic and P&G Championships in 2016 but failed to win gold.
- she was a member of the US team that won gold at the 2016 Summer Olympics. The US team was dubbed “Fierce Five” and “Final Five”.
- She released her autobiography, Grace, Gold, and Glory: My Leap of Faith in December 2012.
- Another book, Raising The Bar was published in 2013.
- She performed a miniature floor routine at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards.
- She has a small acting role on the Disney XD series Kickin’ It in 2013.
- A biopic about Douglas’s life story titled, The Gabby Douglas Story was released in 2014.
- She also has her own reality show, Douglas Family Gold which premiered in 2016.
- Douglas appeared as the boss in an episode of Undercover Boss that first aired on May 11, 2018.
Source: [email protected]
Who is Gabby Douglas Boyfriend?
Gabby Douglas is not married yet. The American gymnast is reportedly single as well. Since her early childhood, she has spent most of her time in gymnastics. Most of the time, she focuses on gymnastics. Thus, she never had time for getting involved in relationships. She might date a handsome hunk in the near future. Any updates about her personal life and relationships will be updated here.
How Tall is Gabby Douglas?
Artistic Gymnast Gabby Douglas stands at a height of 1.6 m i.e. 5 feet and 3 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 110 lbs i.e. 50 kg. She has a slim and athletic body build. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is black. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Gabby Douglas Net Worth?
Gabby Douglas is a professional artistic gymnast. She has won three Olympic gold medals and two gold medals in World Championships. She has made quite a fortune out of her gymnastic career.
She has also worked on several business projects besides gymnastics. She was part of Nintendo’s new ad campaign for New Super Mario Bros. 2 in 2012. Mattel, Inc. released a “Gymnast Barbie” doll modeled after Douglas in 2016. Summing up, she makes her living out of her sports career. At present, her net worth is estimated at around $4 million.