Gabrielle Thomas is an American track-and-field athlete. She won her 1st championship in the long jump in the indoor Ivy League Heptagonal Championship. She is the second-fastest woman of all time in the 200 meters with her result of 21.61 seconds, which was set at the 2020 US Olympic trials.
What is Gabby Thomas Famous For?
- Being a professional track-and-field athlete.
Where is Gabby Thomas From?
Gabrielle Thomas was born on 7 December 1996. Her birthplace is in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S. She was born to her father, Desmond Thomas, and her mother, Jennifer Randall. She has a twin brother named Andrew and two younger brothers. He attended Williston Northampton School and Harvard University. She is pursuing a master’s degree at the University of Texas at Austin in epidemiology. She holds American nationality. She belongs to multiracial ethnicity. Her religion is Christianity. Her horoscope sign is Sagittarius.
Source: [email protected]
Gabby Thomas Career
- She started her professional career as a track-and-field athlete.
- She was inspired to run by Allyson Felix, stating that her first memory of a track race was watching Felix while at her grandmother’s house.
- She then started running and practicing. In high school, she ran all 4 years for Williston Northampton School where she set multiple school records, was MVP every year, and was coached by Michelle Lawson.
- She then joined Harvard University where she studied neurobiology and global health as an undergraduate. While at Harvard, She won 22 conference titles across her three years of athletics in six different events, setting the school and Ivy League records in the 100 meters, 200 meters, and the indoor 60 meters.
- In October 2018, she signed an endorsement deal with New Balance and became their first female sprinter. By the time she finished her graduation and came on the list of All-American and 25-time All-Ivy League athletes on the eight spots.
- After Harvard, she shifted to Austin, Texas, and joined the University of Texas where she is currently being coached by Tonja Buford- Bailey.
- In May 2020, she got suspended for 2 years of ineligibility on three grounds of whereabouts failures but she didn’t give up and in June, she submitted new evidence to invalidate one failure and was finally cleared in July.
- In May 2021, she got an MRI scan and found out that she had a tumor in her liver, but it turned out to be benign.
- Currently, she is representing the United States in the 200-meter race at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- At the 2020 US Olympic trials, she not only won the trials but also managed to become the second-fastest woman of all time in the 200 meters with a record time of 21.61 seconds.
Gabby Thomas Boyfriend
Looking at his personal life, she is not married. She is focusing on her professional career. She might be dating a handsome boy at present or might be single. Any updates on her love life will be updated here.
Gabby Thomas Height and Weight
Gabby Thomas stands at a height of 1.78m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. She has a body weight of 59kg. She has an athletic body build. Her eye color and hair color are dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Gabby Thomas Net Worth
Gabby Thomas earns from her professional career as an athlete specializing in the 400 meters hurdles. Her income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2021, her estimated net worth is about $1 million-$5 million.