Gabriel Barbosa Almeida famed as Gabriel Barbosa is a Brazilian professional footballer. He plays as a forward for Flamengo, on loan from Inter Milan. He made his professional debut at the age of 16 and made over 250 appearances for the club across all competitions. He was awarded the Bola de Ouro award for his efforts. Overall, he is a very talented footballer.
Newcastle target Gabriel Barbosa set to face Liverpool in Club World Cup Final
At the end of November, Newcastle was linked with a move for Gabriel Barbosa. According to the Chronicle, the Magpies had been scouting the striker before his late brace handed Flamengo the 2019 Copa Libertadores. Barbosa’s goals won the trophy for Flamengo, and as a result, won qualification for this year’s Club World Cup. The Brazilian side beat Al-Hilal to reach the final, where they’ll face Premier League leaders Liverpool. Barbosa has been a machine in front of the goal for Flamengo. The striker has scored 34 goals in 41 appearances in 2019, restoring his reputation after a poor spell at Inter Milan.
Who are the Parents of Gabriel Barbosa?
On 18th August 1996, Gabriel Barbosa was born with the birth name of Gabriel Barbosa Almeida in Sao Paulo to father, Vladimir Silva, and mother, Lindalva Barbosa. His nationality is Brazilian and his ethnicity is Mixed. He grew up along with his siblings. He was graduated from the Santos Academy. He celebrated his 23rd birthday as of 2019. His other early life information will be added soon. He is Christian by religion and his horoscope sign is Virgo.
How was the Football Career of Gabriel Barbosa?
- At the age of eight, he began his football career from a Santos youth soccer program Panama in the year 2004.
- He then signed a new contract with the club in the year 2012, worth 50 million euros.
- He made his official debut for the team in a friendly match against Gremio Barueri on 17th January.
- He then got a chance to play in a league debut at the age of 16 away Flamengo.
- Until 2016, he played in 83 matches and scored 24 goals.
- After that, with the 29.5 million Euro, he signed a five-year contract with Inter Milan on 27th August 2016.
- He then joined Portuguese club Benfica on a season-long loan deal on 31st August 2017 and he made his debut on 12 September in a UEFA Champions League match against CSKA Moscow, replacing Alex Grimaldo in the 77th minute.
- He made his Primeira Liga debut in a 2-1 loss at Boavista on 16th September 2017.
Return To Santos
- Gabriel’s former club Santos announced that they had reached an agreement with Inter for his return to the club on a one-year loan deal on 25th January 2018 and he made his re-debut for the club on 11 February, starting and scoring his team’s second in a 2-2 away draw against Ferroviaria.
- He made his Copa Libertadores debut on 1 March 2018, starting in a 2-0 away loss against Real Garcilaso.
- He scored all his team’s goals in a 3-0 away win against Vasco da Gama on 1st September 2018.
- On 11th January 2019 Flamengo officially announced an agreement with Inter Milan to sign Gabriel on loan until 31 December 2019 and he debuted for Flamengo on 23 January 2019 in a Campeonato Carioca 1-1 draw against Resende.
- Flamengo won the 2019 Campeonato Carioca with Gabriel scoring 7 goals in 12 matches, also being selected to the tournament team of the year.
- He scored two late goals in the 2019 Copa Libertadores Final on 23rd November 2019 over River Plate.
- He scored 25 goals in the championship and consequently defended successfully his individual title as Brazil’s top goalscorer.
- He was also awarded the Bola de Ouro award for his efforts.
How was the International Career of Gabriel Barbosa?
- After representing Brazil in 2016’s U15, 17, 20, 23, Gabriel made his debut for the senior national team replacing Neymar for the 2018 World Cup Qualifier away Paraguay.
- On 5th May 2016, he was called up by manager Dunga to participate in the Copa América Centenario to be held in the United States, describing the call-up as a “dream”.
- He made his full international debut on 29 May, replacing goalscorer Jonas and scoring the last in a 2-0 friendly win over Panama.
Is Gabriel Barbosa Married?
Gabriel Barbosa is not married yet but he is currently in a relationship with Neymar’s sister, Rafaella. We can see their kissing snaps on their social networking sites. Barbos and Rafaella are enjoying their relationship without any hints of separations. They are living a happy life without any disturbances. He does not have any child. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Gabriel Barbosa?
The net worth of this famous football is believed to have $10 Million as of 2019. His exact salary at present is under review and will be updated soon but there is no doubt in the mind of his follower that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings. He is living a lavish lifestyle from his earnings. His source of earning is from his football career.
How tall is Gabriel Barbosa?
An eminent and glowing face of the football world, Gabriel Barbosa is an attractive person who looks so charming and handsome. His smiling face and charming personality have helped him to gain the attention of all the viewers. His body build is athletic. He looks very hot when he reveals his hot and sexy body. He has a tall height of 176 cm with a balanced body weight of 68 Kg. His other body measurements will be added soon once we get revealed yet. He works out and eats healthy. He is conscious of his food intake. Overall, he has got a healthy body.