George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Iowa Hawkeyes. In 2018, he set the single-season record for receiving yards by a tight end, with 1,377, and earned his first Pro Bowl selection in the process. He is considered one of the best active tight ends in the NFL. To know more about the player, keep reading below.
49ers’ injury-depleted offense won’t include George Kittle
The Pro Bowl tight end will miss his second straight game when the 49ers host the Cardinals because of a leg injury he sustained in a 28-25 win over Arizona on Oct. 31. The news wasn’t unexpected: Kittle was listed as doubtful and head coach Kyle Shanahan had told the Arizona media in a conference call Wednesday that Kittle wouldn’t be available. A team spokesman quickly clarified Shanahan’s comment and said Shanahan meant he was preparing as if Kittle wouldn’t play.
Shanahan has said the 49ers’ schedule isn’t a factor in their decision regarding injured players this week. After hosting Arizona (3-6-1), the 49ers will play three division leaders: Green Bay (8-2), Baltimore (7-2) and New Orleans (7-2).
Today, the 49ers’ offense will also be without the services of left tackle Joe Staley (finger) and Matt Breida (ankle). In addition, wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who is questionable, didn’t practice this week because of a rib-cartilage injury. He is active after he said he expected to play Friday.
Where is George Kittle born?
Recalling his early life, George Kittle was born as George Krieger Kittle in Madison, Wisconsin and moved to Iowa at a young age. He is American by nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. He is a son of a former college football coach, Bruce Kittle. The information regarding his mother and siblings is yet to be disclosed.
Concerning his education, He attended Iowa City West High School in Iowa City, Iowa, Cedar Falls High School in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and Norman High School in Norman, Oklahoma. He committed to the University of Iowa to play college football.
When did George Kittle begin to play football?
- Talking about his career, George played at Iowa from 2013 to 2016 under head coach Kirk Ferentz. As a freshman, George had a limited role behind senior C. J. Fiedorowicz, junior Ray Hamilton, and sophomore Jake Duzey. He had his first collegiate reception, which went for 47 yards, against the Missouri State Bears. Overall, he caught three passes for 108 yards.
- On September 26, 2015, against North Texas, he scored his first collegiate touchdown on a 43-yard reception from quarterback C. J. Beathard. Overall, George had 20 receptions for 290 receiving yards and six receiving touchdowns in the 2015 season. His six receiving touchdowns ranked sixth in the Big Ten Conference.
- As a senior in the 2016 season, Kittle headlined a tight end unit that contained junior Peter Pekar and freshman Noah Fant. He had his best statistical game against North Dakota State with five receptions for 110 receiving yards.
- On May 4, 2017, the San Francisco 49ers signed Kittle to a four-year, $2.69 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $298,287.
- He made his NFL debut in the 49ers’ season-opener against the Carolina Panthers and caught five passes for 27 yards in a 23–3 loss. He caught his first NFL reception on a 13-yard pass from Brian Hoyer on the first drive and was tackled by Panthers’ safety Mike Adams
- Through the first four weeks of 2019 NFL season, during which the 49ers played the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Cincinnati Bengals, and the Pittsburgh Steelers, Kittle earned the highest overall Pro Football Focus grade of any player in the NFL.
Is George Kittle married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, George shares blissful marriage voyages with his beautiful wife, Claire Till. He walked down the aisle with his long-term girlfriend on 09th April 2019. This was after the pair decided to share an engagement ring in September 2018.
What is the net worth of George Kittle?
As a professional footballer, Gorge earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the sports industry. Based on online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $2.69 million and his annual salary is said to be $645 Thousand at present.
How tall is George Kittle?
Observing his body statistics, George stands a height of 6 feet 4 inches and weighs around 113 Kg. He has a pair of light brown eyes and dark brown hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed.