Gerónimo Rulli is an Argentina professional football player who plays for the Spanish club Villarreal and the Argentina national team as a goalkeeper. He has previously played for Estudiantes, Deportivo Maldonado, Manchester City, Real Sociedad and Montpellier (loan). On 4 September 2020, after his loan ended with Montpellier, he signed a four-year deal with Villarreal for the transfer fee of €5 million.
On the international level, he has represented Argentina at various age levels. He has represented Argentina at U23 and the senior level. He made his senior international team debut for Argentina on 8 September 2018.
What is Gerónimo Rulli Famous For?
- Being an Argentina professional football player.
- For playing as a goalkeeper for Spanish club Villarreal.
- Won the 2020-21 UEFA Europa League with Villarreal.
- Ubaldo Fillol Award: 2014 Torneo Final.
Where is Gerónimo Rulli From?
Gerónimo Rulli was born on 20 May 1992. His birthplace is La Plata, Argentina. He holds Argentina nationality. Likewise, as per his birth date, his zodiac sign is Taurus. His father’s name is Omar Rulli, and his mother’s name is Adriana Garcia.
Gerónimo Rulli Club Career
- He started playing football for the youth team of Estudiantes in 2009 and began his career at the club.
- After progressing through the youth ranks at Estudiantes, he was promoted to the first-team squad in 2012. He made his professional debut on 9 April 2013 in a 1-0 loss against Arsenal Sarandi. During his 2012-13 season, he made 12 appearances for the club, making 8 clean sheets in all the competitions.
- During his 2013-14 season, he made 38 appearances for the club, making 18 clean sheets in all the competitions.
- On 24 July 2014, he was loaned to La Liga’s Real Sociedad for one year from Deportivo Maldonado, which bought the player’s rights a month earlier. He made his debut for the club on 28 August 2014, starting and being replaced in the 85th minute of a 0-3 away loss against Krasnodar in the 2014-15 UEFA Europa League due to an ankle injury. He then returned to action in November and made his La Liga debut for the club on 20 December 2014 in a 1-1 away draw against Levante. During his 2014-15 season loan spell at Real Sociedad, he made 26 appearances for the club, making 8 clean sheets in all the competitions.
- On 4 July 2015, his loan was extended for a further year where he made 37 appearances for the club, making 14 clean sheets in all the competitions.
- On 19 July 2016, he was signed by Premier League side Manchester City for £4 million. He was shortly afterward loaned back to Real Sociedad, before moving permanently in January 2017. During his 2016-17 season, he made 44 appearances for the club, making 10 clean sheets in all the competitions.
- During his 2017-18 season, he made 34 appearances for the club, making 10 clean sheets in all the competitions.
- During his 2018-19 season, he made 29 appearances for the club, making 8 clean sheets in all the competitions.
- On 14 August 2019, he joined Ligue 1 club Montpellier on a season-long loan with the option to make the transfer permanent. He made his debut for the club on 17 August 2019 in a 1-1 draw against FC Girondins Bordeaux. During his loan spell at Montpellier, he made 28 appearances for the club, making 11 clean sheets in all the competitions.
- On 4 September 2020, after his loan ended with Montpellier, he signed a four-year deal with Villarreal for the transfer fee of €5 million. He made his debut for the club on 22 October 2020 in a 5-3 win against Sivasspor in the UEFA Europa League. He made his league debut for the club on 21 April in a 2-1 loss against Deportivo Alaves. On 26 May 2021, he scored the winning penalty kick and then saved David de Gea’s penalty in his side’s 11-10 penalty shoot-out victory over Manchester United in the final of the 2020-21 UEFA Europa League after the game finished 1-1 at extra-time to win the first European title for Villarreal. During his 2020-21 season, he made 20 appearances for the club, making 9 clean sheets in all the competitions as he helped Villarreal to win the UEFA Europa League that season.
- On 3 May 2022, in the second leg of the 2021-22 UEFA Champions League semi-finals, Villarreal was leading 2-0 against Liverpool in the first half to level the tie 2-2 on aggregate as in the second half, he made goalkeeping errors and conceded three goals, in which his team eventually lost 3-2 in the Estadio de la Ceramica and was knocked out of the competition.
Gerónimo Rulli International Career
- He has represented Argentina at various age levels.
- He has represented Argentina at U23 and the senior level.
- On 20 March 2015, he was called up to the Argentina national team for the matches against El Salvador and Ecuador but he did not play in either fixture.
- In 2016, he was included in the preliminary squad for Copa America Centenario but was eventually excluded.
- He was then chosen for the Argentine Olympic team at the 2016 tournament in Brazil where he played all three games in a group stage elimination and filled in for the suspended Victor Cuesta as captain in the last of those, a 1-1 draw with Honduras.
- In May 2017, he was consistently called up to Argentina’s senior squad but did not play.
- He made his senior international team debut for Argentina on 8 September 2018 in a 3-0 friendly win against Guatemala.
Is Gerónimo Rulli Single or Married?
Looking at his personal life, he is a married guy. He got married to his long-term girlfriend, Roico Suarez. The couple started dating in their early 20s and they have been together ever since then. After four years of dating, they tied the knot in a lavish wedding ceremony in front of their closest friends and family members. Their wedding took place in Argentina in December 2018. The couple is blessed with one baby boy named Luca. He had shared a couple of pictures with his wife and son on his social media accounts. He has an intimate relationship with his wife and son where they are living their life happily together.
How tall is Gerónimo Rulli?
Gerónimo Rulli stands at a height of 1.89m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 80kg. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight. His other body measurement such as chest size, biceps size, and waist size is still got to get revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
What is the Net Worth of Gerónimo Rulli?
Gerónimo Rulli is an Argentina professional football player who currently plays for Spanish club Villarreal. He is a very successful footballer and his major source of earnings is from his football career. In July 2016, he was signed by Premier League side Manchester City for £4 million. In September 2020, after his loan ended with Montpellier, he signed a four-year deal with Villarreal for the transfer fee of €5 million. As of 2022, his net worth is believed to be around $1 million-$5 million where he received £2 million as a yearly salary from his current club. His market value is around €6 million. With these massive earnings, he is living a luxurious lifestyle.