Gerrit Cole is an American professional baseball pitcher. The young talent currently plays for the Houston Astros in the Major League Baseball. He was picked overall first in the 2011 MLB draft by Pittsburgh Pirates. In September 2013, he was named NL Rookie of the month and was 2015 All-Star and NL Pitcher of April 2015. Let’s know more about the player through this article.
What is Gerrit Cole famous for?
- An American professional baseball pitcher for the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball (MLB).
- The All-star three times in the year 2015, 2018 and 2019.
Where is Gerrit Cole’s form?
Recalling his early life, Cole was born in Newport Beach, California. He was born to Mark Cole and Sharon Cole in the year 1990 as Gerrit Alan Cole. He is the elder child and his younger sister’s name is Erin Cole. Similarly, he was inspired by Yankees legend Hall of Famer Lou Gehrig and retired pitcher Mariano Rivera. Further, He holds American citizenship and belongs to white caucasian ethnicity. His birth sign is Capricorn and he is Christian by nationality.
Where is Gerrit Cole go for education?
Concerning his education history, Cole attended Orange Lutheran High School where he begins to start baseball. He then went to the University of California for further studies where he got his career.
When did Gerrit Cole pursue his baseball career?
- Moving towards his career, Cole started playing baseball from his school days. In his junior year, he gained national attention while pitching for the varsity team.
- Similarly, he was named to the USA Today All-USA high school baseball team. He was rated the 17th-best prospect available in the 2008 Major League Baseball draft by Baseball America.
- In his senior year, he was selected by New York Yankees in the first round with the 28th overall selection, of the 2008 Major League Baseball draft.
- In the freshman year of college, his team made him the Friday night starting pitcher. He recorded a 4–8 win-loss record with a 3.49 ERA, collecting 104 strikeouts in 85 innings in that season.
- Then, he was promoted to major leagues to make his MLB debut on 11th June 2013. Similarly, he recorded his first career hit, a 2-run single with the bases loaded in his first career plate appearance.
- On 7th September 2014, he hit his first career home run at Wrigley Field off of Chicago cubs.
- In the year 2017, he was 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA as he led the National League with 33 starts. In January 2018, he reached an agreement of a one-year contract worth $6.75 million.
- He was traded to Houston Astros on 13th January 2018. Later on 29th April 2018, he struck out 12 hitters in a game against Oakland Athletics and made a win.
- On his 29th birthday on 8th September 2019, he became the second pitcher ever to strike out 14 or more hitters in three consecutive games. Furthermore, he finished the 2019 season with a 20–5 record, 2.50 ERA, 326 strikeouts.
Who is Gerrit Cole married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Cole is a married man. He married his long-time girlfriend Amy Crawford in November 2016. The couple first met each other at UCLA while both were students. Their wedding ceremony was held in Newport Beach, California attended by their family members in a private ceremony- where 24 people appeared.
As of now, the duo is living a blissful married life without any news and rumors about extramarital affairs, conflict, and divorce in their relationship.
How much is Gerrit Cole worth?
Being a part of the sports industry, Cole earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame through his profession as a baseball player. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $15 million and his annual salary is somewhere around $6.75 million at present. Likewise, He has collected $34,888,713 as her entire career earnings.
How tall is Gerrit Cole?
Observing his body statistics, Cole stands a height of 6 feet 4 inches and weighs around 109 Kg. Similarly, He has an athletic body with a pair of hazel eyes and dark brown hair color. Further, he used 6.5 (UK) she sizes.