Glen Adjei Kamara, a Finnish professional footballer is excellently known as Glen Kamara. He plays as a midfielder position for Scottish Premiership club Rangers and the Finland national team. His jersey number is 18 for his current team, Rangers & 6 for Finland National Team. He began his career in England in the Southend United youth system. He also played for the Finland National Men’s Football team and used to play for the Premier League club Arsenal. He scored his first goal in senior club football on 27th February 2019, opening a 4-0 home win over his former club Dundee. As well, he has won PFA Scotland Team of the Year.
Glen Kamara transfer latest as Watford open dialogue with Rangers over midfield star
The midfielder, Glen Kamara has impressed with the Rangers but could make a move to the English Premier League if the money is right. Watford has ‘opened talks’ with Rangers over a move for Glen. The midfielder had a sensational season at the heart of Steven Gerrard’s team and has been in ongoing contract talks since earlier in the campaign. He still has two years left on his deal and the Rangers would look to hold out for a fee of at least 15 million pounds and potentially even more after his impressive start to Euro 2020 with Finland. Gerrard would be desperate not to lose the talented midfielder and has spoken of his love for him in the past. Finland will play against Russia in UEFA Euro 2020 on 16th June 2021.
- Being a Finnish professional footballer.
- For playing as a midfielder for Scottish Premiership club Rangers and the Finland national team.
What is Glen Kamara Real Name?
Glen Kamara stepped for the very first time into this world on 28th October 1995 in Tampere, Finland. He was born into a family of Sierra Leonean descent. He took birth with the real name of Glen Adjei Kamara under the star sign of Scorpio. He is of Finnish nationality and he belongs to Finnish-black ethnicity. Similarly, Glen’s religion is Christian and his race is black. His present age is 25 which he celebrated back in 2020. He will be celebrating his 26th birthday in 2021. Further information regarding his parents and education has not been revealed yet.
How was the Career of Glen Kamara?
- Glen Kamara kicks off his football career in England in the Southend United youth system before moving to Arsenal in 2012 as he was an unused substitute for Arsenal’s UEFA Champions League match against Galatasaray in December 2014. He made his only appearance for Arsenal a day before his 20th birthday on 27th October 2015, up against Sheffield Wednesday in the Football League Cup fourth round in an eventual 3-0 away loss.
- He went back to Southend in League One, on loan for the rest of the season on 22nd January, and joined Colchester United in League Two on loan until January 2017 on 31st August 2016.
- Glen signed a two-year deal with Dundee on 13th July 2017 and made his debut for the club in a Scottish League Cup game away to Raith Rovers where he put in a man-of-the-match performance.
- Kamara signed a pre-contract with Rangers on a 41⁄2-year deal on 5th January 2019 and scored his first goal in senior club football on 27th February 2019, opening a 4-0 home win over his former club Dundee.
- Glen has represented both the Finland U19 and Finland U21 sides in internationals whereas he was an unused substitute for the Finland senior side in a friendly against Estonia in June 2015.
- He made his debut for Finland in a 3-0 victory over Estonia in 2017.
- Finland will play against Russia in UEFA Euro 2020 on 16th June 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- Scottish Premiership: 2020-2021
- PFA Scotland Team of the Year: 2020-2021 Scottish Premiership
- Rangers 31/01/2019 for 55k €
- Dundee FC 13/07/2017 for Free
- Arsenal U23 03/01/2017 at the end of the loan
- Colchester United 31/08/2016 for Loan
- Arsenal U23 31/05/2016 at the end of the loan
- Southend United 22/01/2016 for Loan
- Arsenal U23 01/07/2013 from Arsenal U18
Who is Glen Kamara Dating?
Unmarried footballer, Glen Kamara is not dating anyone. He is quite private when it comes to his private life. He’s in fact got a lot going on for him career-wise, so probably he does not have much time left for relationships and all. Concerning Glen’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Glen Kamara Net Worth?
Glen Kamara is a talented footballer who has a net worth of around $1 million to $2 million as of 2021 whereas his current market value is 6 million euros. Going by his performance and dedication, he must have been paid a good sum by his former and current club. He earns 6,200 pounds per week, 322,400 pounds per year playing for Rangers. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Glen Kamara?
Handsome guy, Glen Kamara is 1.81 m tall whereas his body weighs around 78 kg. His heart-warming smile, his entire demeanor, and his gradual escalating popularity in sports make him the perfect catch. Glen has short black hair. He has dark brown eyes color and he is athletic by body build.