Gordon Sondland is a well-known personality in politics and business who is best known as the United States Ambassador to the European Union and self-made hotelier. Sondland came up to fame after he became the major donor to Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.
Sondland is also the founder and chairman of “Provenance Hotels” and a co-founder of the “Merchant Bank Aspen Capital”.
What is Gordon Sondland Famous for?
- Famous as the United States Ambassador to the European Union.
When and Where was Gordon Sondland Born?
Gordon Sondland was born in 1957 in Seattle, Washington, United States. His birth name is Gordon D. Sondland. His nationality is American. Sondlans belongs to White ethnicity and he is Jewish.
Sondland was raised in a normal family as his parents went through great hardships for the survival of the family. His father even fought the Nazis in the French Foreign Legion and British Army. Eventually, the family moved to Uruguay and then settled at Seattle, Washington.
Sondland attended the University of Washington and graduated with a degree in B.A.
Gordon Sondland Career
- Sondland kicked off his career with his company, “Provenance Hotels” which owns and manages hotels throughout the U.S.
- He has hotels including the Hotel Max, Hotel Theodore, Hotel Murano, Hotel deLuxe, Hotel Lucia, Heathman Hotel, The Hotel Preston and Old No. 77 Hotel and Chandlery.
- Sondland is also a principal in Seattle’s “Paramount Hotel”.
- Sondland donated $1 million to the inaugural committee of Donald Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign becoming its major donor.
- Later in 2018, Sondland was announced as the United States Ambassador to the European Union.
- Sondland has made strengthening US-EU trade relations a top priority since 2018.
- Sondland had seized control of the Ukraine portfolio to help Trump and on October 8, 2019, the Trump administration blocked Sondland from testifying in the impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump.
- Sondland was a member of the transition team for Oregon Democratic Governor Ted Kulongoski’s administration.
- Sondland also served as Oregon liaison to the White House.
- Sondland serves on the board of trustees at the “Oregon Health & Science University” foundation.
- Sondland is also the chair of the executive committee at the “Portland Art Museum”, one of the oldest and largest art museums in the U.S.
Who is Gordon Sondland Married to?
The multi-millionaire, Gordon Sondland is a married man. Sondland is married to the beautiful lady Katherine Durant. Katherine is the founder and managing partner of Atlas/RTG. The couple got married in around 1994 and have been living together now for 25 years.
Sondland and Durant are blessed with two children, a son, and a daughter. Sondland is living a happy life with his wife and children in Washington D.C.
The couple was even featured as the “January Power Couple” in Oregon Business in January 2018. The Power couple together have founded a community-based organization, “Gordon Sondland and Katherine J. Durant Foundation” to help families and boost communities in 1999.
The foundation has given millions of dollars to various non-profits including $1,000,000 to the Portland Art Museum and even has established a Distinguished Chair in Spine at the Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in 2012.
What is the Net Worth of Gordon Sondland?
The 62 years old self-made hotelier, Gordon Sondland has a well earned through his multi-career as a businessman and philanthropist. Sondland has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars where most of his fortune arises from his hotel industry in Portland, Oregon.
Sondland has accumulated a fortune large enough that he can afford a “Lear Jet” all his own.
Sondland enjoys his fortune which is estimated to be around $60 million. With all the fortune in million dollars, Spndland lives a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How Tall is Gordon Sondland?
Gordon Sondland has an average body physique. Sondland has a great height around 6feet. He has a fair complexion with white hair and green eyes.