Matthew Gregory Wise is a versatile English actor and producer who is excellently known as Greg Wise. He is well known for playing the role of John Willoughby in “Sense and Sensibility”. He has starred in several British television programs and feature films whereas his first major role was in the breezy musical, “Good Rockin Tonight”. Greg and his parents were both convinced his career was going to be in architecture. His other notable work includes the BBC drama series “Cranford”, the mini-series “The Buccaneers”, and the crime thriller “Judas Kiss”. Apart from acting for the large screen, Greg also has produced movies, written a book about his sister, and continues to perform for theatre. Additionally, Wise is set to compete on the nineteenth series of “Strictly Come Dancing” in 2021.
Greg Wise reveals the heartbreaking reason he joined the BBC show
Greg Wise was unveiled as the latest celebrity to be putting his best foot forward for Strictly Come Dancing 2021. Greg has now revealed the heart-breaking reason he has decided to take part in this year’s installment of the BBC hit show. He revealed he is taking part to pay tribute to his “disco queen” sister Clare, who died five years ago. He said: “My beautiful sister was a huge disco queen. She left our world almost exactly five years ago in a glitter ball coffin. This is for her. “My gorgeous diva sis, who would have been insane with excitement that her little bro was doing this. “I will channel her, as her bro can’t dance but I’m thrilled to be dipping my toes, knees, hips, and arms into this wonderful world, and hope to make her proud, and obviously make her laugh.”
- Being an English actor and producer.
- For playing the role of John Willoughby in “Sense and Sensibility”.
What is Greg Wise Nationality?
Greg Wise stepped into the world for the very first time in Newcastle upon Tyne, England on 15th May 1966. He was born with the real name of Matthew Gregory Wise in a Christian religious family. He is British by nationality and British-white by ethnicity. Wise’s present age is 55 which he celebrated in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Taurus. Thus, his race is white. He is the son of his father Douglass Wise and her mother, Yvonne Jeannine Czeiler. His both parents are architects. She has one sibling a sister named Clare Wise.
Moving to Greg’s education, he was educated at the independent St Peter’s School, York. He went to Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh to study architecture and performed at Bedlam Theatre. Later he studied drama at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.
What does Greg Wise do for a living?
- Greg Wise jumps off his career on stage, appearing in “Good Rockin’ Tonight” after which he started starring in BBC period dramas: “The Moonstone”, “The Buccaneers”, “Madame Bovary”, “The Riff-Raff Element” in 1992 and 1993, and as Sir Charles Maulver in the 2007 five-part series “Cranford”.
- Then he appeared in ITV’s seven-part drama “Wonderful You” as Marshall in 1999 whereas he has also filmed a number of readings of love scenes from a selection of classic and modern love scenes, from Thomas Hardy’s “Tess of the d’Urbervilles” to Kiran Desai’s “The Inheritance of Loss” for The Carte Noire Readers.
- He was seen as Nicollette Sheridan in Hallmark Channel’s “Honeymoon for One” in 2011 as well as he produced the 2010 BBC/Masterpiece production “The Song of Lunch”.
- Later he made his theatrical return starring in Brad Fraser’s “Kill Me Now” at Park Theatre in Finsbury Park, London in February 2015. In the July of the following year, he starred as Gilbert Aldridge in the BBC’s two-part television adaptation of Sadie Jones’ debut novel “The Outcast”.
- As well, he won the celebrity version of “The Great British Bake Off” in aid of Stand Up to Cancer in 2019.
- Greg is set to compete in the nineteenth series of “Strictly Come Dancing” in 2021.
Whom is Greg Wise married to?
Greg Wise is a married guy. He tied a knot with actress Emma Thompson in 2003, and that same year, they informally adopted Tindyebwa Agaba, a Rwandan orphan and former child soldier. The pair has been in a relationship since 1995 when they met on the set of “Sense and Sensibility”. They are also blessed with a daughter Gaia who was born in 1999 and was conceived through IVF. Concerning Greg’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Greg Wise?
Greg Wise has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. He is among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever he embarks on. Greg has earned a fine amount of money from his profession as his major source of income is from his acting and producing career.
How tall is Greg Wise?
Greg Wise is 6 ft 2 in (188.0 cm) tall and his body weighs around 78 kg. He has brown hair and dark brown eyes color. His heart-warming smile, his entire demeanor, and his gradual escalating popularity in the industry make him the perfect catch. Greg is average by body build.