Gregory Sedoc is a Dutch athlete who is famous for reaching his first international final at the 2007 European Indoor Championships in 60 meters hurdles, and winning the event equalling his personal best time of 7.63 seconds. He is also renowned for competition at the European Championships in 2002 and 2006, the World Championships in 2003 and 2005 and the 2004 Olympics, the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics, the 2009 and 2011 World Championships, and the 2012 and 2014 European Championships, reaching the final in 2012.
What is Gregory Sedoc Known For?
- Gregory Sedoc is a hurdler from the Netherlands.
- Sedoc is known for winning the 2007 European Indoor Championships in 60 meters hurdles.
Where is Gregory Sedoc From?
Gregory Sedoc was born on 16 October 1981. He is from Amsterdam, Netherlands. He is Dutch when it comes to his nationality and his ethnic background is Mixed. He grew up in a family of athletes. He is the son of Roy Sedoc (father) and Georgine Sedoc (mother). His dad, Roy Sedoc is a Dutch former athlete who became multiple Dutch champions in the long jump and triple jump disciplines. He has three brothers Jermaine, Randy, and Valery Sedoc. Jermaine and Randy, both of them are athletes whereas Valery is a former professional footballer for FC Groningen.
Gregory Sedoc Career Timeline
- Gregory reached his first international final at the 2007 European Indoor Championships in 60 meters hurdles. He won the event, equalling his personal best time of 7.63 seconds. After he won, Sedoc stated “this is so ridiculous. Unbelievable. I never thought I would be able to become the European champion… Getting a one-two in the final has never happened to the Netherlands before and it’s fantastic.”
- Sedoc also competed at the European Championships in 2002 and 2006, the World Championships in 2003 and 2005, and the 2004 Olympics, as well as numerous European Indoor (2002, 2005) and World Indoor Championships (2003, 2004, 2006), without ever reaching the final.
- His personal best time over 110 m hurdles is 13.37 seconds, achieved in May 2007 in Hengelo.
- After that, he won a silver medal at the 2009 European Indoor Championships.
- Moreover, he competed at the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics, reaching the semifinals both times, as well as the 2009 and 2011 World Championships, and the 2012 and 2014 European Championships, reaching the final in 2012.
Who is Gregory Sedoc Wife?
Gregory Sedoc is a married man. He tied the knot to his beautiful wife, Marcha van Zee. Sedoc has kept the married life details private. The duo is enjoying their life a lot. The duo is blessed with a child namely Ruben Antony James Sedoc. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Gregory Sedoc Net Worth?
Gregory Sedoc is an athlete whose net worth is estimated to have around $5 million at the time of writing. His primary source of wealth comes from his athletic career. He has not revealed the details regarding his earnings and salary, but his followers do not doubt that he is making a cool sum of money via his career. He lives a lavish lifestyle right now.
How tall is Gregory Sedoc?
Gregory Sedoc stands tall at the perfect height of 1.79 m or 5 feet 10 inches. His bodyweight consists of 163 lb or 74 Kg. His body type is athletic. Being an athlete, he maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise. His hair color is bald and he has a pair of brown eyes. He has a healthy body right now.
Leave a Reply