Harry Robinson Hamlin, popularly known as Harry Hamlin is an American actor, writer, and entrepreneur. He is best known for his role as Perseus in the fantasy film, Clash of the Titans. He is also known for his role as Michael Kuzak in the legal drama series, L.A. Law. He has starred in several other movies and tv shows. He was nominated for three Golden Globes for his role in L.A. Law. He also received a nomination for Primetime Emmy Award for his role in Mad Men.
What is Harry Hamlin Famous For?
- His role as Perseus in the movie, Clash of the Titans.
- His role in legal drama series, L.A. Law.
- His role in Mad Men.
Where is Harry Hamlin Born?
Harry Hamlin was born on 30 October 1951. His birth name is Harry Robinson Hamlin. His birth place is in Pasadena, California in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to a father, Chauncey Jerome Hamlin, Jr., and a mother, Bernice Robinson. He belongs to white ethnicity and his zodiac sign is Scorpio. His religion is Christianity.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Flintridge Preparatory School and later The Hill School. He also attended classes at the Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts. Following his high school graduation, he attended the University of Calfornia, Berkeley. He was the president of the national fraternity Delta Kappa Epsilon in 1972. He then attended Yale University. He graduated with a dual Bachelor of Arts degree in drama and psychology in 1974. After graduating from Yale, he attended the American Conservatory Theater’s advanced actor training program. He received a Master of Fine Arts degree in acting in 1976.
Harry Hamlin Television Career
- Hamlin made his television debut in the 1976 production of Taming of the Shrew.
- He landed the lead role in the television miniseries, Studs Lonigan in 1979.
- He starred in miniseries, Master of the Game in 1984 and Space in 1985.
- He landed the lead role as attorney Michael Kuzak in the legal drama series, L.A. Law.
- He appeared in the series from 1986 until its fifth season in 1991 and was nominated for three Golden Globe Awards for Best Actor – Television series Drama.
- His another major television work is Mad Men, where he appeared in the role of Jim Cutler from 2013-14.
- He was nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for his role in Mad Men.
- He starred as Reese Hardin in the sitcom, Movies Stars from 1999 to 2000.
- He starred as Aaron Echolls in mystery drama series, Veronica Mars (2004-06), and as Lloyd “Ned” Lishman in Shameless (2012-14). Professor Chandler in Army Wives (2010-11)
- Besides these, he has guest-appeared or appeared in a recurring role in numerous series including Favorite Son, The Nanny, Ink, Touched by an Angel, Arrested Development, Law & Order, Harper’s Island, Harry Loves Lisa, Curb your Enthusiasm, Franklin & Bash, Rush, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Glee, Mom, Graves, Shooter, Law & Order Truce Crime, and Angle Tribeca.
- He provided guest voice roles in Batman: The Animated Series and The Legend of Prince Valiant.
- He has also starred in numerous television movies. Some of them are Laguna Heat (1997), Dinner at Eight (1989), Deceptions (1990), Deadly Intentions…Again? (1991), Deliver Them from Evil: The Taking of Alta View (1992), Murder So Sweet (1993), In the Best of Families: Marriage, Pride & Madness (1994), Tom Clancy’s ‘OP Center’ (1995), Her Deadly Riva (1995), Badge of Betrayal (1997), Night Sins (1997), Like Father Like Santa (1998), The Hunted (1998), Stranger in Town (1998), Silent Predators (1999), Quarantine (2000), Sex, Lies and Obsession (2001), Disappearance (2002), L.A. Law: The Movie (2002), Christmas High School Reunion (2012), and Shadow of Fear (2012).
Harry Hamlin Movie Career
- He starred in Movie Movie in 1978. For his work in the movie, he was nominated for his first Golden Globe Award.
- He made his big-screen breakthrough with his starring role in the 1981 Greek mythology fantasy epic, Clash of the Titans.
- His other movies are King of the Mountain (1981), Making Love (1982), Blue Skies Again (1983), Maxie (1985), Save Me (1993), Under Investigation (1993), Ebbtide (1994), Allie & Me Dustin (1997), Frogs for Snakes (1998), Shoot or Be Shot (2000), Perfume (2001), Roads to Riches (2002) Strange Wilderness (2008), Shiva and May (2013), The Meddler (2015), Director’s Cut (2016), and Rebirth (2016).
Harry Hamlin Stage Career
- Harry Hamlin made his Broadway debut in 1982. He played Moe Axelrod in the Broadway revival of Clifford Odets’ Awake and Sing.
- He portrayed the title role in Hamlet at the McCarter Theater in Princeton, New Jersey.
- He portrayed Faust in Dr. Faustus at the McCarter Theater.
- He portrayed Henry V in the play of the same name at the Shakespeare Theater Company in Washington, DC. He was nominated for a Helen Hayes Award for his role.
- He portrayed Michael Muchana in Broadway production of Summer and Smoke at Roundabout Theater in 1996.
Everything To Know About Nicollette Sheridan
Harry Hamlin Wife
Harry Hamlin is a married man. He is married to actress, Lisa Rinna. The couple got married in 1997. The couple has two daughters together, Delilah Belle Hamlin and Amelie Gray Hamlin. The couple starred as an on-screen married couple in the first season of Veronica Mars, as well as in 2001 Lifetime Movie, Sex, Lies, and Obsession.
Everything To Know About Lisa Rinna
He previously dated Swiss actress, Ursula Andress from 1979 to 1983. He has a son named Dimitri Alexander Hamlin with Andres. He was married to actress Laura Johnson from 1985 to 1989. He then married actress Nicollette Sheridan in 1991. Their marriage ended in 1992.
He has 3 children altogether.
Harry Hamlin Height
Actor Harry Hamlin stands at a height of 1.8 m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a body weight of 77 kg. His eye color is dark brown. His hair has turned silver-white with age. His sexual orientation is straight. His shoe size is 10 (US).
Harry Hamlin Net Worth
Harry Hamlin makes most of his fortune from his career in the entertainment industry. The majority of his income comes from his acting career. As an actor, he has appeared in numerous movies, tv-series, sitcoms, and television movies. He has also starred in numerous stage plays. Besides acting, he is also a writer and entrepreneur, which adds a decent income to his fortune. His net worth is estimated at $10 million.