Heidi Cruz is an American managing director who is well-known for her work at Goldman Sachs which she has been doing since 2012 for over 8 years now. She previously has worked as an economic director for the Western Hemisphere at the National Security Council and as an economic policy adviser to George W. Bush’s 2000 presidential campaign.
Cruz is also known as the wife of U.S. Senator Ted Cruz, with whom she has been married for almost 20 years. Besides, she is active on social media sites with over 21.9k followers on Twitter: @heidiscruz.
What is Heidi Cruz Famous for?
- Famous as managing director at Goldman Sachs.
- Wife of Ted Cruz.
Everything To Know About Ted Cruz
Where is Heidi Cruz From?
Heidi Cruz was born on August 7, 1972, in San Luis Obispo, California, United States. Her birth name Heidi Suzanne Nelson. Her nationality is American. Heidi belongs to the White ethnicity while is her zodiac sign.
Heidi Cruz was born as the daughter of Suzanne Jane(mother) and Peter Christian Nelson(father). Both of her parents participated in dental health work as her father, Peter is a dentist and her mother, Suzanne is a dental hygienist. She was raised as a Seventh-day Adventist with her family in Kenya, Nigeria, and throughout Asia along with her brother, Scott.
She attended Valley View Adventist Academy in Arroyo Grande and completed her secondary education in 1990 at Monterey Bay Academy. Following high school, she attended Claremont McKenna College later graduating Phi Beta Kappa with a BA in Economics and International Relations in 1994.
During her college days, she also studied abroad at the University of Strasbourg. She later graduated receiving a Masters of European Business degree from Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management of the Université libre de Bruxelles in Brussels, Belgium in 1995. Five years later in 2000, she earned her second graduate degree an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Heidi Cruz’s Career Highlights
- Heidi Cruz started her professional career initially working as an economic policy director on the Bush for President campaign in 2000.
- She then went on to work for the Bush administration in 2001 where she began as a top deputy to U.S. Trade Rep. Robert Zoellick, focusing on economic policy.
- She also worked as director of the Latin America desk at the Department of Treasury in 2002.
- In 2003, she became the director for the Western Hemisphere on the National Security Council.
- In 2005, she began working for Goldman Sachs as a private wealth manager. After almost 7 years at Goldman Sachs, Cruz was promoted in 2012, to regional head of the Southwest United States for the Investment Management Division in Houston.
- She was an active member of the Council on Foreign Relations from 2005 to 2011.
- She also played important role in her husband, Ted Cruz’s 2016 presidential campaign which he eventually won.
- In Feb 2016, she was reported to be headlining a luncheon for Republican women in Reno, Nevada, days before the state’s primary.
Heidi Cruz’s Husband
Heidi Cruz has been married just for once to date. Her first and only marriage is with Rafael Edward Cruz(Ted Cruz). Ted is an American politician and attorney who is well known for serving as the junior United States Senator for Texas since 2013. The couple met for the first time when Ted was working on George W. Bush’s 2000 presidential campaign. After knowing each other for years, they got married at a grand wedding on May 27, 2001.
The couple has been living a married life for over 20 years now and is blessed with two daughters, Caroline and Catherine.
Heidi Cruz’s Net Worth
Heidi Cruz has quite good earnings from her professional career as managing director at Goldman Sachs which she has been doing since the year of 2005. Having her career started initially as an economic policy director in 2000, Cruz has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent politicians in her 20 years long career.
Her net worth is estimated to be around $2.5 million while her husband’s net worth is around $5 million.
Heidi Cruz’s Height
Heidi Cruz is a beautiful lady with a maintained body physique in her 40s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 6inch. while her body weighs around 58kg. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and dark brown eyes.