John Scott Morris, popularly known as Jack Morris is an American former professional baseball player. He played as a starting pitcher in MLB between 1977 and 1994. He played for Detroit Tigers, Minnesota Twins, Toronto Blue Jays, and Cleveland Indians of MLB. He is a four-time World Series champion, 1991 World Series MVP, and five-time All-Star. He recorded 254 wins, 3.90 ERA, and 2,478 strikeouts in his MLB career.
After retiring from his professional playing career, he became a broadcast color analyst for the Blue Jays, Twins, and Tigers. He later became an analyst for MLB broadcasts on Fox Sports 1.
What is Jack Morris Famous For?
- Four-time World Series champion.
- 1991 World Series MVP.
Where is Jack Morris From?
Jack Morris was born on 16 May 1955. His birth name is John Scott Morris. His birth place is in Saint Paul, Minnesota in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father, Arvid Morris, and his mother, Dona Morris. He has two siblings, Tom and Marsha. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Highland Park High School. He graduated from high school in 1973 and went on to attend Brigham Young University where he played college baseball for the BYU Cougars.
Jack Morris Playing Career
- The Detroit Tigers selected Morris in the fifth round of the 1976 MLB draft.
- He made his MLB debut with the Detroit Tigers on 26 July 1977.
- He won World Series with the Tigers in 1984. He also won the Babe Ruth Award in 1984.
- He then played for Minnesota Twins for a season and went on to win his second World Series in 1991. He was named World Series MVP and won her second Babe Ruth Award in 1984.
- He then signed with the Toronto Blue Jays, where he won two consecutive World Series championships in 1992 and 1993.
- He signed with the Cleveland Indians in 1994 but was released by the team in August. He then signed with Cincinnati Reds.
- He retired from MLB in 1995.
- He made a brief return to professional baseball in 1996. He played with his hometown team, St. Paul Saints of the Independent Northern League.
- He had a 5-1 record with a 2.69 ERA.
- He later retired.
- After retirement, he became a color analyst for the Minnesota Twins. He also briefly became a part-time coach for the Detroit Tigers.
- He became a color analyst for Toronto Blue Jays on Sportsnet in 2013.
- In 2014, he served as a pre-and post-game analyst for Twins telecasts on Bally Sports North (as well as a part-time substitute for regular game analyst Bert Blyleven).
- He also served as a regular on-air contributor on KTWN-FM and the Twins Radio Network.
- He became a part-time analyst for Detroit Tigers telecasts on Fox Sports Detroit in 2015.
- In August 2021, he made a comment deemed insensitive during a broadcast while Shohei Ohtani of the Los Angeles Angels was at bat. He received extreme backlash for his comments. He issued an on-air apology and was suspended indefinitely from the Tigers’ broadcast booth.
Who is Jack Morris Wife?
Jack Morris is a married man. Morris is married to Jennifer Morris. The couple shares a child with Jennifer. He also has two sons, Erik, and Miles from his first marriage. More details about his personal life will be updated soon.
How Tall is Jack Morris?
Jack Morris stands at an average American height. He is tall. He has a balanced body weight. His body build is average. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is grayish-white. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Jack Morris Salary and Net Worth?
Jack Morris is one of the successful baseball players. In his MLB career, he won four World Series Championships with three different teams and was named World Series MVP in 1991. Morris was the highest-paid pitcher in the American League in 1987, 1988, 1991, and 1993. His salary was reported at around $5 million during his prime. After his retirement from his playing career, he has spent his career in broadcasting. He has been working as a color analyst for the Blue Jays, Twins, and Tigers. His net worth is estimated at $10 million at present.