Jack Sherman was an American guitarist who became the second guitarist to have joined the band “Red Hot Chili Peppers”. He joined the rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers in December 1983, replacing their founding member, Hillel Slovak. He also toured with the band in 1984 o promote the release of the first album, ‘The Red Hot Chili Peppers’. He played on their introduction collection and co-composed a lot of their subsequent collection, “Freaky Styley”. He was excluded when the Red Hot Chili Peppers were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012. He had also played guitar on Bob Dylan’s 1986 album Knocked Out Loaded. On 18th August 2020 (Tuesday), Jack Sherman dies in Miami.
Jack Sherman, the former guitarist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, dies at 64
Jack Sherman, a guitarist who played on the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ debut album, has died at 64, the band announced on Instagram. The full Instagram post reads, “We of the RHCP family would like to wish Jack Sherman smooth sailing into the worlds beyond, for he has passed. Jack played on our debut album as well as our first tour of the USA. He was a unique dude and we thank him for all times good, bad, and in between. Peace on the boogie platform.” However, the cause of death was not disclosed.
- Being a famous American Guitarist.
- Being the second guitarist to have joined the Red Hot Chili Peppers, in between Hillel Slovak’s departure and return.
What was Jack Sherman’s Cause of Death?
On 18th August 2020 (Tuesday), Jack Sherman left this world at the age of 64 in Miami, Florida, United States. But his cause of death has not been disclosed yet. The Red Hot Chili Peppers released a statement on Sherman’s death saying “We of the RHCP family would like to wish Jack Sherman smooth sailing into the worlds beyond, for he has passed. Jack played on our debut album as well as our first tour of the USA. He was a unique dude and we thank him for all times good, bad, and in between. Peace on the boogie platform.”
What was the birthplace of Jack Sherman?
On 18th January 1956, Jack Sherman was born in Miami, Florida, the USA; his birthplace/hometown. His nationality was American and his ethnicity was American-white. His race was White. His Zodiac sign was Capricorn and his religion was Christian. He lastly celebrated his 64th birthday. He was brought up by his folks in Miami, Florida. Whereas information about his parent and siblings details has not revealed by him. There is no details regarding his educational qualification. He learned how to play guitar at a young age and joined the Red Hot Chili Peppers in 1983.
How was the Career of Jack Sherman with the band, Red Hot Chili Peppers?
- Starting the singing career by joining the rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers in December 1983, Jack Sherman replaced their founding member, Hillel Slovak.
- He also had his first tour with the band in 1984 to promote the release of the first album, “The Red Hot Chili Peppers”.
- After that, he co-composed material on the debut album as well as several songs on the follow-up record, “Freaky Styley”.
- Later, he was fired from the band as Slovak requested to return to the band in early 1985.
- Despite this, he provided the backing vocals to the band’s albums “Mother’s Milk” and “The Abbey Road E.P.”.
- After that, he collaborated with Bob Dylan in Knocked Out Loaded, George Clinton in R&B Skeletons in the Closet, as well as Feargal Sharkey and Peter Case.
- In the year 2012, “The Red Hot Chili Peppers” were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. But, neither Sherman nor guitarist Dave Navarro, who had each played guitar on one of the band’s albums, were inducted.
- The lead vocalist of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Anthony Kiedis wrote in his autobiography that the band understood that its relationship with Sherman to be transient because he did not possess “a punk-rock pedigree”.
- Because of this, he blamed the band’s members for the decision, saying “It appeared to be a politically correct way of omitting Dave Navarro and I for whatever reasons they have that are probably the band’s and not the Hall’s” and also said “It’s really painful to see all this celebrating going on and be excluded. I’m not claiming that I’ve brought anything other to the band… but to have soldiered on under arduous conditions to try to make the thing work, and I think that’s what you do in a job, looking back. And that’s been dishonored. I’m being dishonored, and it sucks.”
- Besides this, his partial discography included Echo Park Soundtrack (1986), Notes from the Lost Civilization-Tonio K (1988), Wish-Feargal Sharkey (1988), The Man with the Blue Post-Modern Fragmented Neo-Traditionalist Guitar- Peter Case (1989), Soundtrack of My Life-Kimm Rogers (1990), Flashback soundtrack (1990), What Hits!?-Red Hot Chili Peppers (1992), Chillin’ In Hades – Bill Madden (1995), Backroom Blood-Gerry Goffin (1996), Ole-Tonio K (1997), Under the Covers: Essential Red Hot Chili Peppers-Red Hot Chili Peppers (1998), In from the Cold-In From The Cold (Original music with Gary Mallaber and Maria Sebastian) (2000), Luke Mitchell-High Expectations (2007), Eric Culberson-In The Outside (2010), Luke Mitchell-Row Boat Row (2011), Matthew Wesley-REAL (2013).
Who is Jack Sherman’sWife?
Moving towards the personal life of Jack Sherman, he was a married man. He had kept his marital status private regarding his children, wife’s detail, and married date. It is not publicly known as he has not mentioned anything to the media. He and his wife, once moved to Savannah, Georgia where he played and recorded with local artists. Besides this, he was straight as per his sexual orientation. Before his death, he was enjoying his life a lot and he was focusing on his career.
What is the Net Worth of Jack Sherman?
Jack Sherman was a well-known guitarist who was best known as the second guitarist to have joined the Red Hot Chili Peppers, in between Hillel Slovak’s departure and return. The net worth of Jack Sherman is estimated to have between $1 Million – $5 Million as per sources at the time of his death. Without a doubt, he was receiving a cool amount of salary from his work. His primary source of wealth came from the music industry as a guitarist. He was satisfied with whatever he was receiving. His lifestyle was simple.
How tall was Jack Sherman?
Jack Sherman was a very cool and handsome singer. He stands at the tall height of 1.69 m and his balanced weight consist of 71 KG at the time of his death. His body build was average. On 18th August 2020, Jack died but the cause of his death is still to be determined. His eye color was brown and his hair color was also brown.