Jae Park, the stage name of Park Jae-hyung, is a Korean-American musician, singer, songwriter, rapper, and streamer who is well-known for being the lead vocalist and electric guitarist of South Korean band “Day6”. The band is the first rock band under the label JYP Entertainment. Other band members are Sungjin, Young K, Wonpil, and Dowoon. His band debuted on September 7, 2015, with EP The Day which ranked at no.2 on Billboard’s World Album Chart. Before joining the band, Park participated in the first season of singing competition television series “K-pop Star” where he was one of the final six contestants. He also hosted a Korean talk show “After School Club” from 2016-2018.
Besides on October 11, 2020, it was announced that Park along with Nichkun Horvejkul will guest star in the 3rd season of Disney’s colorful cartoon series Big Hero 6: The Series. Moreover, he is also active in the social media platform with around 1.2 million followers on his verified Instagram account: @eajpark and has around 1.9 million followers on his Twitter account: @Jae_Day6. He has a youtube channel titled @eaJ with around 990k subscribers.
What is Jae Park famous for?
- Famous as a Korean-American musician, singer, songwriter, and streamer
- Known for being the lead vocalist of the South Korean band “Day 6”
Where is Jae Park from?
Jae Park was born on September 15, 1992, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. His birth name is Park Jae-hyung. American-Korean-Argentine is his nationality. His ethnicity is White-Asian. He is of America-Asian descent. He was born with Virgo as his zodiac sign.
Park was raised by his father and his mother, Park Kyung-Nam. He has an elder sister. When he was 5, his family moved to South Korea. Two years later, his family moved to Cerritos, California. He did his schooling at Cerritos High School. Later, he attended California State University and got graduated with a degree in political science.
Growing up, he became interested in music and decided to pursue his career as a musician. So, he took many music classes where he learned to play guitar. While in high school, he started his own youtube channel named “YellowPostltMan” where he used to upload his vocal and guitar song covers.
Park also took participation in the first season of the South Korean reality TV competition series “K-pop Star” where he finished in 6th position after getting eliminated on April 1, 2012. For his performance in the competition, JYP Entertainment offered him a contract to join the company as a trainee for their upcoming band. Then, he accepted the offer from the company and moved to South Korea. He trained for 3 years along with his fellow band members like Yoon Do-woon, Kang Yeong-hyun, and Park Sungjin.
Jae Park Career: Highlights
- Jae Park started his professional music career as a vocalist and electric guitarist of JYP Entertainment’s first rock band “Day 6”.
- Day 6 debuted on September 7, 2015, with EP The Day.
- It charted at no. 2 on the Billboard’s World Album Chart a week following its release.
- Following a great debut, the band went on to release its second EP Daydream on March 30, 3016.
- He had participated in the making of two EP’s tracks “Blood” and “First Time”.
- On June 28, 2016, Park began hosting South Korean-based live music request talk show “After School Club” with his fellow band members.
- The show was aired on TV channel network “Arirang”.
- They officially graduated as the hosts on July 17, 2018.
- In June 2017, the band released its first studio album titled “Sunrise”.
- Day 6 also made their official debut in Japan on March 14, 2018, with their first Japanese single “If”.
- While in Japan, they went on to release their second album “The Best Day” in June 2018.
- The band has released four albums to the date.
- The other two albums of the band are “Unlock(2018)” and “The Book of US: Entropy”.
- Park has also appeared as a guest DJ every Monday on Radio’s Monday Music Access alongside singer, Bernard Park.
- His last appearance on the show was on April 30, 2018.
- He participated in his band’s nationwide tour “Every Day6 Concert Nationwide Tour” which they began in January 2018.
- Park and his band started their first world tour in November 2018.
- Their tour ended in January 2019.
- The band members have also made their appearances in many TV series like “Day6’s Free Radio (season 1)”, “Day6 x Gyeongju”, “Stark Idol League Day6”, and “Day 6 Youth Warm-Up”.
- He also co-hosted the podcast “How Did I Get Here?” in 2020.
- At present, Park and his band are busy with their upcoming music projects.
- He will be next seen as a guest star along with 2PM’s Nickhun Horvejkul on the 3rd season of Disney’s colorful cartoon series “Big Hero 6: The Series”.
Jae Park Girlfriend
Jae Park is not married to the date and is single. Park has not disclosed his personal life yet. He seems to be much more focused on his career than his personal life. At present, he is living in South Korea. He has the nickname “Chicken Little”.
In June 2020, Park courageously spoke out about JYP Entertainment’s mistreatment on his Twitter account. Within a few hours of his tweet, #JUSTICEFORJAE rose to no. 1 trending topic on Twitter worldwide. Many of JYP Entertainment’s fans became disappointed with the company. Later, the dispute between Park and JYP Entertainment got solved and he was appreciated a lot by K-pop fans for his courage to say so.
Jae Park Net Worth
Jae Park has earned a good amount of income from his profession as a musician. Having his career started in 2015, Park has reached great heights in his career. With all of his earnings, he has an estimated net worth of $10 million as of 2020. At present, he is living a luxurious lifestyle with his earnings.
Jae Park Height
Jae Park is a good looking man in his late 20s. He has a fair complexion with black hair and a pair of brown eyes. He stands at a height of 5ft 10 inches(1.82m) and has a bodyweight of 62kg. He wears a shoe of size 8(US).