Jaime Camil is a Mexican-Brazilian actor, singer and television personality who is best known for his role as Fernando Mendiola in television series, “La fea mas bella”. Camil is also known for his role as Rogelio de la Vega in romantic dramedy television series, “Jane the Virgin” and as Bernardo in “West Side Story”. His role in 7 Dias even earned him a Mexican Cinema Journalists Award for Best Supporting Actor in 2006.
What is Jaime Camil Famous for?
- Famous as an actor known for his role as Rogelio de la Vega in television series, “Jane the Virgin”.
Where was Jaime Camil Born?
Jaime Camil was born on July 22, 1973, in Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico. His birth name is Jaime Federico Said Camil Saldana da Gama. His nationality is Mexican-Brazilian. Camil is of Brazilian, Egyptian & Mexican descent while Cancer is his zodiac sign.
Jamie was born in a well-to-do family to Jaime Camil Garza(father) and Cecilia Saldanha da Gama(mother). His father, Jaime is a successful Mexican-born businessman of Egyptian and Mexican descent while his mother, Cecilia is a Brazilian singer.
He grew up alongside his six children: 2 brothers, Jorge Camil Starr and Alexia Camil Starr and 4 sisters, Issabela Camil, Melissa Trouyet Starr, Kali Sotres Starr.
He completed his studies graduating from the Anahuac Mayab University earning a bachelor’s degree in business administration. Later, he moved to New York, Los Angeles to study acting and even took classical opera training in Italy. At the time when he was set to run his father’s business, he made his mind to pursue his career in acting.
Jaime Camil’s Career Highlights
- Jamie Camil started his professional career as a radio commentator in radioactive 98.5 in 1993.
- In 1995, he made his small-screen debut as a host in “El show de Jaime Camil”. He also worked as a host on “Que nochecita con Jaime Camil”(1996), “Operacion triunfo”(2002), “Aventura por Mexico”(2009) and “El Gran Show”(2010).
- Camil made his debut in the music industry releasing his first album, “Para estar contigo” in 1999. Subsequently, he released his second album, “Una vez mas” in 2002.
- Camil began working in the telenovela industry with his appearance in “Mi destino eres tu” in 2000.
- He gathered well recognition after he appeared in the romantic comedy telenovela, “La fea mas bella”(2006–2007).
- In 1997, he made his film debut with “Delfines”.
- Camil marked his presence in Mexican theater with his role as Bernardo in a revival of “West Side Story” in 2004. He won the Palmas de Oro award for Best Supporting Actor in a Musical.
- In 2005, he played Nestor Castillo in the Broadway-bound musical, “The Mambo Kings” and “Latinologues”.
- He was also awarded the 2006 Diosa de plata as Best Supporting Actor for his role in “Tony”.
- Later, in 2008, he played the lead role in two romantic comedies, “Recien cazado” and “Regresa”.
- In 2007, he played the lead role of Father Silvestre, in “El diluvio que viene”. The role earned him the APT and ACPT awards for Best Actor in a Musical.
- He also appeared in musicals including “Peter Pan”(2007), “Aladdin”(2008), and “Chicago”(2016).
- Camil got his widest breakthrough after he began appearing as Rogelio De La Vega in the CW network comedy, Jane the Virgin since 2014.
- In 2018, he starred the main role of Panchito Pistoles on web series, “Legend of the Three Caballeros”.
- In 2019, he voiced the character Globgor in the final season of animated series, “Star vs. the Forces of Evil”.
- Camil turned to be the first Latino in 70 years, who appeared in CBS series, “Broke” on April 2, 2020.
Who is Jaime Camil Married to?
Jaime Camil His married to his love, Heidi Balvanera. Balvanera is a prominent model with whom he got married in 2013. They have been together now for almost 7 years and share two children together: a son Jaime(III)Camil and a daughter Elena Camil.
Currently, he lives along with his wife and children in Mexico City. Previously, Camil dated several other beauties like Adriane Galisteu, Anahi and Thalia.
What is the Net Worth of Jaime Camil?
The 46 years old Jaime Camil has great earnings from his professional career as an actor. Working in this field for more than decades, he has managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars from his several films and TV series.
His estimated net worth is around $15 million while his annual salary is around $1 million.
How Tall is Jaime Camil?
Jaime Camil is a handsome man in his mid-40s. Camil has a well maintained athletic body physique. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 3inch.(1.90m) while his body weighs around 85kg(188 lbs). He has a fair complexion with dark brown eyes and gray hair.