James Patrick Johnson famed as James Johnson is a famous and well-recognized basketball player. At present, he is playing for the Miami Heat of the National Basketball Association (NBA). His playing position is small forward or power forward. He was drafted 16th overall in the 2009 NBA draft by the Chicago Bulls.
James Johnson lets his play do the talking in Heat return
James Johnson decided to make his statement on the court. No blasting Miami Heat management for singling him out at the start of training camp with banishment for failing to meet team conditioning standards. No questioning of the coaching staff for holding him out for the first five games, even as he continued to draw full pay. “I had goals to meet,” he said in the wake of Sunday’s season debut, “and when you’re going for those goals, nothing else matters at the time. So Johnson let it be known in Sunday’s blowout victory over the Houston Rockets, when he went for 17 points, four rebounds and three assists as Erik Spoelstra’s third reserve off the bench.
How old is James Johnson?
James Johnson was born on 20th February 1987 as James Patrick Johnson in Cheyenne, Wyoming, the USA. His nationality is Amerian and his ethnicity is Mixed. His religion is Christian and his star sign is Pisces. He was born to father, Willie Johnson, and mother, Vi Johnson. He grew up along with his six brothers and two sisters. He holds a second-degree black belt in karate and fought in his first mixed martial arts bout at age 18. He attended Cheyenne East High School in Cheyenne, Wyoming where he played for his high school basketball team and averaged 28 points and nine rebounds per game during his senior year. He then went to attend Wake Forest University and played for the Wake Forest Demon Deacons men’s basketball team. As of 2019, he celebrated his 32nd birthday with his friends and families.
What does James Johnson’s neck tattoo say?
Charming and glowing face in the basketball world, James Johnson is a very handsome as well as an attractive person with an athletic body build. He has got a great height as well as a great personality. He stands at the tall height of six feet eight-inch or 2.03 m. Whereas, his balanced body weight consists of 109 Kg matching with his height. He has also inked the name of his son, Naymin on his neck. At present, his other body measurement details have not been revealed by him either by any internet websites or wiki. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
How was the career of James Johnson?
- James averaged 28 points and nine rebounds per game during his senior year.
- He is also considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com.
- Moreover, he was listed as the No. 16 small forward and the No. 62 player in the nation in the year 2007.
- He had an instant impact, garnering third-team All-ACC honors as a freshman and finishing second in the 2008 ACC Rookie of the Year balloting, as he led the Demon Deacons in scoring and rebounding in his 2007-2008 season as a freshman.
- He again led the team in rebounding, leading the team to a 24-5 record and a #1 ranking during his 2008-2009 season as a sophomore.
- He declared his eligibility for the 2009 NBA draft.
- He was drafted 16th overall by the Chicago Bulls in the 2009 NBA draft and he signed his first professional contract with the Bulls on 8th July 2009.
- He was assigned to the Iowa Energy of the NBA D-League on 27th January 2011.
- Later, he was recalled by the Bull on 14th February 2011.
- He was traded to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for the 2011 first-round pick that they had acquired from the Miami Heat on 22nd February 2011.
- He was traded to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for a 2014 second-round draft pick on 16th July 2012.
- He hit a game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer which gave the Kings a 106-105 victory over the New York Knicks on 28th December 2012.
- He signed with the Atlanta Hawks on 30th September 2013 and was waived on 21st October.
- After that, he was acquired by the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in November 2013.
- He averaged 18.5 points, 9.1 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 1.9 steals and 3.4 blocks per game in 10 games with the Vipers.
- He signed with the Memphis Grizzlies on 16th December 2013.
- Later on, he signed with the Toronto Raptors on 17th July 2014 returning for a second stint.
- He scored a career-high 27 points in the 76-98 loss to the Houston Rockets on 21st February 2015.
- He signed a one-year, $4 million contract with the Miami Heat on 10th July 2016 and made his debut for the Heat in their season opener on 26th October 2016 where he recorded 11 points and six assists off the bench in a 108-96 win over Orlando Magic.
- He then scored a season-high
- 26 points in a 108-99 win over the Brooklyn Nets on 10th February 2017.
- He went 6 of 7 from three-point range and had 26 points in a 112-99 win over the Charlotte Hornets on 5th April 2017.
- Later, he re-signed with the Heat on 7th July 2017.
- He scored a career-high 31 points in a 149-141 double-overtime win over the Denver Nuggets on 19th March 2018.
- He missed the first month of the 2018-2019 season following off-season sports hernia surgery.
Is James Johnson Married?
It is always interesting to discuss the relationship details of basketball players. Talking about the marital status of Johnson, he is a married person. He was married to his beautiful wife, Callie on 7th July 2012. The couple is also the proud parent of two sons, named Harlem and Naymin. Later, the couple got divorced because of domestic assault after he hit and choked his wife at their home. The couple later divorced, with Callie gaining custody of their son. After his divorce, there is no rumors about him dating any lady. So, he is assumed to be single at present. He is living a happy life as of today. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is the Net Worth and Earnings of James Johnson?
Fans of James Johnson must be eagerly waiting to know the earnings, net worth, a salary of him. So, we have disclosed all the information regarding his earnings. James Johnson’s net worth is increasing day by day and his estimated net worth is estimated to have $25 million as of 2019. He is currently under a 3 year $43,295,100 contract with the Miami Heat, in 2018-2019 season where he will earn a base salary of $14,431,700 and an incentive bonus of $220,000 while carrying a cap hit of $14,651,700 and a dead cap value of $29,561,100. He has made earnings of $45,881,087 from his entire NBA career. His source of income is from his basketball career whereas he also earns from various sponsorships. He has achieved great heights in his career life. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.