James Parnell Spears, an American conservator and legal guardian who is well recognized for being the father of singer Britney Spears, film producer Bryan Spears, and actress-singer Jamie Lynn Spears. He is the conservator of her person and her estate, which has led him to be the subject of intense media scrutiny. Britney accused him of abusing his power in the conservatorship during a June 2021 court case whereas he asked the Los Angeles court system to investigate Britney’s claims of forced labor.
Jamie Spears resigned from being his guardian after 13 years
Jamie Spears, Britney Spears’ father, has finally resigned from the legal guardianship that gave him full control over his daughter’s life, career, and that for 13 years. The 69-year-old, who controls all aspects of the blonde’s life, “does not believe that a public battle with his daughter for her service as a guardian is in her best interest,” reads a document obtained by TMZ. It was also reported that the decision is written in documents that were delivered to the Los Angeles Court. Thus, the father of the interpreter of ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’ finally he will delegate his tutelary function.
- Being an American conservator and legal guardian.
- For being the father of singer Britney Spears, film producer Bryan Spears, and actress-singer Jamie Lynn Spears.
Where is James Parnell Spears from?
James Parnell Spears took birth on 6th July 1952 in Kentwood, Louisiana, the U.S. He holds American nationality and belongs to American-white ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. James has celebrated his 69th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Cancer. He is the son of his father, June Austin Spears (1930-2012), and his mother, Emma Jean Spears (nee Forbes; 1934-1966). His mother committed suicide on the grave of her infant son when James was 13. He has five siblings named Jeanine Spears, June Spears, John Spears, Austin Spears, and William Spears. James also survived a car accident that killed a football teammate aged 17.
- James Parnell Spears called the #FreeBritney movement “a joke” and its organizers “conspiracy theorists” in August 2020 whereas Britney’s court-appointed lawyer submitted a court filing that documented her desire to have her conservatorship altered to reflect “her current lifestyle and her stated wishes” on 17th August 2020.
- Later Judge Penny extended the established arrangement until February 2021 and he approved Bessemer Trust as co-conservator with Spears of his daughter’s estate in November 2020.
- A documentary focusing on his daughter’s career and Spears’s conservatorship over her, Framing Britney Spears, premiered on FX in February 2021.
- Britney gave her testimony regarding James on 23rd June 2021, stating that he sent her to rehab and a mental facility against her will in January of 2019. She also stated that she is afraid of him and that he has committed conservatorship abuse. Britney said he should not be able to walk away, and that he should go to jail for his actions.
Who was James Parnell Spears Wife?
James Parnell Spears is a married guy. He tied a knot with his first wife Debbie Sanders Cross in 1972 but got divorced in 1975 after which he married his second wife, Lynne Irene Bridges in July 1976. Later, she filed for divorce in 1980, requesting a temporary restraining order, fearing that he would “become angry when he is served with these papers” and harass or harm her, “especially if he has been drinking alcoholic beverages, as he has done in the past.” However, they reconciled and had Britney the following year. They divorced in May 2002 and reconciled without remarrying around 2010. The pair were seen still united in 2014 but were evidently completely separated by 2020. The couple has three children: son Bryan Spears (born 1977) and daughters Britney Spears (born 1981) and Jamie Lynn Spears (born 1991). They also have five grandchildren: grandsons Sean Preston Federline (born 2005) and Jayden James Federline (born 2006) from Britney, granddaughters Maddie Briann Aldridge (born 2008) and Ivey Joan Watson (born 2018) from Jamie Lynn, and Sophia Alexandra Spears (born 2011) from Bryan. Concerning Spears’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
Furthermore, Spears also struggled with alcohol later in life and eventually went to rehab in 2004 whereas he later suffered a near-fatal colon rupture in 2019. He was arrested on drug and driving while intoxicated charges at the age of 22.
Everything You Need To Know About Britney Spears
What is the Net Worth of James Parnell Spears?
James Parnell Spears has a net worth of $5 million as of 2021. His monthly salary alone, over 12 years, totals $2.4 million. His major source of income is from his conservator and legal guardian career. Additionally, he makes $16,000 monthly, along with a $2,000 stipend for office space rent as a conservator. In addition to his monthly salary, Jamie receives direct profits from her performances. In 2014, he received 1.5 percent of Britney’s Las Vegas residency revenue, equal to a sum of $2.1 million.
How tall is James Parnell Spears?
James Parnell Spears stands at a tall height of 6 Feet 0 Inches with a balanced bodyweight of 82 Kg. He has greyish-white hair and blue eyes color. James has an average body build with 44-34-38 inches of body measurement. Although he is in his old stage, he has kept his body maintained as a conservator and legal guardian.