January Jones is an American actress and model. She is known for playing Betty Draper in the AMC television drama series Mad Men for seven seasons. She received two Golden Globe nominations and one Emmy nomination for her performances in television drama series “Mad Men”. She was ranked 12th amongst the “Hottest 100” women in the Maxim magazine, and as the 29th most desirable woman in the “Ask Men’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women” rankings in 2011.
January Jones is quite active in the social media platform with over 1 million followers on her Instagram: @januaryjones and over 10k followers on her twitter: @januaryjones1.
What is January Jones famous for?
- Her role as Betty Draper in TV drama series Mad Men.
Where was January Jones born?
January Jones was born in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the USA on January 5, 1978. Her birth name is January Kristen Jones. She was named after the character January Wayne in Jacqueline Susann’s potboiler novel turned film, Once Is Not Enough. She was born to father, Marvin Jones who is a coach, gym instructor and fitness trainer, and mother, Karen Cox who was a store manager. She has two sisters named Jacey Jones and Jina Jones. She holds an American nationality and belongs to a White ethnic background. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Roosevelt High School and graduated from there.
Source: [email protected]
January Jones Career Highlights
- After her graduation, she moved to New York to become a model. She has modeled for Abercrombie & Fitch, Versace, Clearasil, and Kérastase.
- In 1999, she was cast in the pilot of Fox Network’s comedy series “Get Real” as Jane Cohen. In the same year, she appeared in the movie “It’s the Rage” as Janice Taylor.
- In 2011, she made a guest appearance in the mystery thriller film, “The Glass House” and also starred in “Bandits” as Claire/Pink Boots in a supporting role.
- In 2002, she has cast in her first main role as Elizabeth in Max Makowski’s mystery thriller “Taboo” alongside Eddie Kaye Thomas. she also starred in the film “Full Frontal” as Tracy.
- In 2003, she was cast in several films in a supporting role including Gina in the American drama “Anger Management”, as Cadence Flaherty in the sex-comedy film “American Wedding” and as Jeannie in the Christmas-themed romantic comedy film “Love Actually”.
- In 2004, she appeared in the American dance musical romantic drama film “Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights” as Eve. In the same year, she was also cast as the lead in the TV film “Love’s Enduring Promise” as Missie Davis.
- In 2005, She has appeared in the comedy series “Huff” in two episodes as Marisa Wells and also played the main role as Darla who is a U.S. border guard’s wife in the French-American film “The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada”.
- In 2006, she portrayed Darla once again in the film “Swedish Auto” and the same year she played the role of Carole Dawson in the historical biopic film “We Are Marshall” based on the 1970 plane crash which killed 37 football players.
- In 2007, She appeared in the AMC original television drama series “Mad Men” for seven seasons as young suburban housewife and mother Betty Draper Francis.
- She starred in the police-legal TV drama titled “Law & Order” as Kim Brody for the episode ‘Quit Claim’ in 2008, and as Elenore in the British comedy film “The Boat That Rocked” in 2009.
- On November 14, 2009, she hosted an episode of “Saturday Night Live”, which featured the musical guest The Black Eyed Peas.
- In 2011, she worked in several films, such as the character Elizabeth Harris in Unknown, as the strong superhuman mutant named Emma Frost in the Marvel film “X-Men: First Class” and as Laura Gerard in the action thriller “Seeking Justice”.
- In 2013, she landed the main role of Sarah Ramirez in the film “Sweetwater” where she played the character of an ex-prostitute seeking a regular life with her husband.
- In 2014, she starred in Andrew Niccol’s film “Good Kill” in the lead role of Molly Egan.
- From 2015 to 2018, she appeared in the Fox television comedy series “The Last Man on Earth” as the main character Melissa Chartres.
- In 2017, she has also performed as a voice artist in an American animated comedy television series “Animals”.
- In 2019, she joined the cast of Netflix’s comedy series, “The Politician” playing Dylan McDermott’s wife.
- In 2020, she appeared in a leading role in the TV series “Spinning Out” as Carol Baker, a bipolar single mother of two.
January Jones Awards and Nominations
- January Jones received two Golden Globe nominations and one Emmy nomination for her performances in television drama series “Mad Men”.
- In 2009, she won Gold Derby Awards on the category of Drama Lead Actress for her performances in television drama series “Mad Men”.
- She has also won two Screen Actors Guild Awards on the category of Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for “Mad Men”.
- In 2013, she won Lucy Award for “Mad Man”.
January Jones Dating History
- Currently, January Jones is not dating anyone. She is unmarried. She has dated many boys in her past. She has a son named Xander Dane Jones who was born in September 2013.
- January Jones had a romantic relationship with Ashton Kutcher from 1998-2001. After splitting from Ashton, she briefly started dating the comedian, Jim Carrey in 2001.
- In 2003, January started dating her American Wedding co-star Seann William Scott. However, they split sometime later when January began dating Josh Groban.
- January Jones dated singer Josh Groban for two-and-a-half years between 2003 and 2006 before splitting in June 2006.
- January Jones was also romantically linked with a film producer Tommy Alastra in 2008 but they split in the following year.
- In early 2010, she was rumored dating with Jeremy Piven when she was spotted on multiple occasions with him.
- In 2010, January Jones was rumored to be dating Adrien Brody. However, he denied the relationship claiming that they were just friends.
- In July 2010, she began dating Jason Sudeikis but they split up in the following year due to long-distance relationships.
- In August 2012, January met Screenwriter and director Noah Miller on the set of his film, “Sweetwater” and they began dating. However, the two had quietly split in January 2013.
- January Jones met Will Forte while filming TV series The Last Man on Earth, and had begun dating in April 2015. However, they split in August 2015 after just five months of dating.
- In January 2018, there was a rumor that January Jones was dating The Bachelor’s, Nick Viall.
January Jones Height and Weight
January Jones is a beautiful model and actress who has won several hearts all around the world with her beauty and acting. She stands a height of 1.68 m (5 feet and 6 inches) tall and weighs around 61 kg (134 lbs.). She has a slim body build with a measurement of 37-24-36 inches. She wears a bra size of 34C and a shoe size of 6 (US). Her dress size is 6 (US) or 36 (EU). She has a fair skin tone with blonde hair and her eye color is Blue. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
January Jones Net Worth
As an American actress and model, January Jones has earned quite a good earning. She earned her net worth by working on several TV series and movies. January Jones has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars. There is no information about her salary.