Jared Antonio Farrow, popular by his stage name Jay Pharoah is an American stand-up comedian, actor, and impressionist. He is best known for his appearance as one of the cast members of NBC’s Saturday Night Live (SNL). He joined SNL in 2010. Among several impersonations, he is best known for his impersonations of Barack Obama, Will Smith, Jay-Z, Eddie Murphy, Charlie Murphy, A. Smith, 50 Cent, Peter Dinklage, Stephen A. Smith, Kanye West, and Denzel Washington among others.
He has over 527k followers on his Instagram @jaypharoah.
What is Jay Pharoah Famous For?
- The former cast member of SNL.
Where was Jay Pharoah Born?
Jay Pharoah was born on 14 October 1987. His birth name is Jared Antonio Farrow. His birth place is in Chesapeake, Virginia in the United States. He holds an American nationality. His zodiac sign is Libra. He belongs to African-American ethnicity. Information about his parents has not been revealed. He has a sister, Shaina Farrow. He was born prematurely along with his twin brother. His brother died, but he survived.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Indian River High School, Chesapeake. He completed his high school education in 2005. He later studied business at Tidewater Community College and Virginia Commonwealth University.
Jay Pharoah Career Timeline
- Jay Pharoah started doing impersonations at an early age. He was only 6 when he started doing impersonations.
- He finished fifth in a talent competition at an early age where he impersonated Gilbert Gottfried’s character in Aladdin, Iago.
- He had already started performing stand-up gigs in community theaters and comedy clubs in Virginia at the age of 15.
- He toured with Corey Holcomb and Charlie Murphy during his early career.
- He became an internet sensation when his impersonation of Barack Obama went viral on YouTube.
- He joined SNL in 2010 as a featured player for their 36th season.
- He made his SNL debut in September 2010.
- Rob Moynihan of TV Guide named Pharoah the “breakout player” for its 36th season.
- He impersonated several celebrities including Barack Obama, Tracy Morgan, Chris Rock, Ben Carson, Jay-Z, Stephen A. Smith, Kanye West, Will Smith, Kendrick Lamar, Chris Tucker, Lil Wayne, Michael Strahan, Denzel Washington, and Kendrick Lamar.
- He released his debut album, Affairs of the Heart in September 2014.
- He debuted his SNL impersonation of Barack Obama in the 28th season premiere in September 2015.
- Rolling Stone magazine described Pharoah as the “Jimmy Fallon of 2 Chainz impressions”.
- He starred in Fox Searchlight Pictures independent film, Lola Versus in June 2012.
- He starred in a minor in the 2014 buddy cop film, Ride Along.
- He starred in a sports comedy independent film, Balls Out in 2014.
- His other film appearances are Top Five (2014), Get a Job (2016), Unsane (2018), and Bad Hair (2020) among others.
- He has appeared in tv shows, White Famous (2017), Corner Shop Show (2018), and A Million Little Things (2019) among others.
- He portrayed Barack Obama in the tv series, Supermansion in 2018.
- He had voice roles in Sing (2016), Family Guy (2017 and 2018).
- He left SNL in 2016, ahead of its 42nd season.
Who is Jay Pharoah Married to?
Jay Pharoah is unmarried but not single. He is reportedly dating actress Kat Graham since 2015. The couple has appeared together in several occasions. However, neither of them has made official confirmation.
He lives in New York City, New York.
How Tall is Jay Pharoah?
Jay Pharoah stands at a height of 1.85 m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He has a body weight of 183 lbs i.e. 83 kg. He has an athletic body build. He has dark brown eyes and his hair color is black.
How Much is Jay Pharoah Worth?
Jay Pharoah earns from his career in the entertainment industry. His major income comes from his career as a stand-up comedian. He was the cast member of SNL from 2010 to 2016. Besides stand-up comedy, he has appeared in numerous films and tv series. He has also appeared in several commercials including commercials for Old Navy, Pepsi, and DiGiorno pizza. His net worth is estimated at $3 million at present.