Jeffrey Adam Rosen, also known as Jeff Rosen is an American lawyer. Rosen served as the United States Deputy Attorney General from May 2019 to December 2020. He will serve as the Acting United States Attorney General for the remainder of the Trump administration after current Attorney General William Barr‘s resignation goes into effect on 23 December 2020.
Rosen was the US Deputy Secretary of Transportation and was a senior partner at the law firm, Kirkland & Ellis. He is Republican.
What is Jeff Rosen Famous For?
- Will Serve as Acting US Attorney General starting on 23 December 2020.
- 38th Deputy US Attorney General.
Where is Jeff Rosen From?
Jeff Rosen was born on 2 April 1958. His birth name is Jeffrey Adam Rosen. His birth place is in Boston, Massachusetts in the United States. He holds an American nationality. His hometown is in Boston. Information about his parents and siblings will be updated soon. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Aries.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Northwestern University. He graduated from Northwestern with a Bachelor of Arts in economics in 1979. He then attended Harvard Law School. He obtained Juris Doctor in 1982, graduating magna cum laude.
Let’s not mistake him with another Jeffrey Rosen who is an academic and commentator on legal affairs.
Jeff Rosen Career
- After graduating from Harvard Law School in 1982, Jeff Rosen joined a law firm, Kirkland & Ellis.
- He worked there until 2003. He started working for the U.S. government.
- He worked as general counsel at the US Department of Transportation from December 2003 to June 2006.
- He also acted as counsel for Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta during the time.
- He became general counsel and senior policy advisor at the Office of Management and Budget in 2006.
- He also served as a representative of the U.S government on the board of directors of Amtrak during the time.
- He criticized “regulatory overreach” and opposed EPA plans to regulate greenhouse gas emissions, while at OMB.
- After he left OMB in 2009, he returned to Kirkland and Ellis.
- He chaired the American Bar Association’s Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice from 2015 to 2016.
- He was elected to the United States Deputy Secretary of Transportation in May 2017 by 56-42 votes.
- He served in the position under Secretary Elaine Chao from May 2017 to May 2019.
- In May 2019, he was elected the United States Deputy Attorney General by the U.S. Senate by 52-45 vote. He had no previous prosecutorial experience.
- He replaced outgoing Rod Rosenstein to become the 38th US Deputy Attorney General.
- He was sworn in as US Deputy Attorney General on 22 May 2019.
- Attorney General William Bar resigned from his position in December 2020. His resignation was to take effect on 23 December 2020.
- Rosen was announced to be the Acting Attorney General on 14 December 2020.
Jeff Rosen Wife
Jeff Rosen is a married man. He is married to Kathleen Nichols. The couple got married somewhere around 1983. The couple has 3 children together. They are daughters, Anne Rebecca, Sally Amanda, and a son, James Kenneth. More details about his personal life will be updated soon.
Jeff Rosen Height
Jeff Rosen stands tall at an average American height. He has an average weight and average body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is greyish-white. His sexual orientation is straight.
Jeff Rosen Net Worth
Jeff Rosen earns serving in various positions in the U.S. government. He will serve as acting US Attorney General starting on 23 December 2020. He previously served as US Deputy Attorney General. He previously served in several governmental positions as well. He receives a handsome salary from his service. He is also a senior partner at the law firm, Kirkland & Ellis, which he joined after graduating from Harvard Law School in 1982. At present his net worth is estimated below $5 million.