Jennie Kim is a South Korean pop singer and member of the female K-pop band Blackpink. After moving to Seoul, South Korea on completing her education in New Zealand, She was signed by YG Entertainment as a trainee. She rose to fame after appearing on singer G-Dragon’s music video That XX.
Subsequently, she was also featured on his single Black. YG Entertainment had been promoting the debut of Black Pink for a long time and Jennie finally made her debut as part of the band alongside Lisa, Jisoo, and Rosé on August 8th, 2016. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Jennie Famous For?
- Member of the popular girl band, Blackpink.
- A South Korean singer and rapper.
Where does Jennie live?
Recalling her early life, Jennie was born in the year of 1996 as Jennie Kim in the place Anyang, South Korea. She is the only child of her parents. She hasn’t disclosed her parent’s name but we know that her father owns a hospital and her mother works in CJ E&M. She is South Korean by nationality and belongs to Asian ethnicity. Further, her birth sign is Capricorn.
Where is Jennie educated?
For education, She moved to New Zealand to pursue her higher education at ACG Parnell College. After her graduation, she moved back to South Korea.
Jennie Career Timeline
- Moving towards her career, YG Princess was recognized when the YG Entertainment company signed her at the age of 14. However, she went under training for six years and improved her vocals.
- Later, she developed an interest in rapping. The Entertainment was preparing for the launch of the band called Black Pink and finally revealed its members Jennie, Jisoo, Rose, and Lisa. The first debut album of the band is Square One.
- The high rated songs on the album Square One are Stay, Whistle, Fire, and As If You’re Last. The song Whistle made the audience go crazy and loved the song.
- The song was on the top list of Goan Digital Chart, and the video made a sensation on Social Media. This made them quite famous in South Korea. Moreover, this helped them to reach a milestone they hoped for in their career.
- The band released their single song titled As If It’s Your Last which was entirely different from the songs they made on their previous album; the song quickly became a hit. The song grabbed the top position on ‘BillBoard’s World Digital Song’ Chart.
- Furthermore, the band also tried their fate on Japan and released extended music play Black Pink in 2016. The song was favored by the people of Japan and made the first position on Oricon Albums Chart.
- In April 2019, she became the first Korean solo artist to perform at Coachella. Her performance was listed under “The 10 Best Things We Saw at Coachella 2019”, with Billboard describing it as “mind-blowing” and “stunning” for fans and casual passersby.
Who is Jennie dating?
Reflecting on her personal life, Jennie hasn’t been in a relationship till now. She wants her life companion to be hardworking and of excellent characteristics. Whenever she got her desire one, we will let you know.
What is Jennie’s net worth?
Being a rapper and model, Jennie earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $8 million at present. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Jennie?
Observing her body physics, Jennie stands a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 52 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of black eyes and brown hair color. Further, her body measures around 34-22-34 inches.