Many celebrities in the world came into the limelight due to his/her talent and hardworking in the field of the entertainment industry. Today, we are talking about the Hollywood actor, Jerry O’Connell who has been entertaining us since 1983 via several of his blockbuster movies. He hasn’t had won major awards yet but wоn thе ‘Yоung Аrtіѕt Аwаrd’ іn 1987 fоr thе fіlm ‘Ѕtаnd bу Ме,’ аnd thіѕ іѕ аll fоr Јеrrу іn thе nаmе оf аwаrdѕ. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Jerry O’Connell famous for?
- An American actor, director, and talk show host.
- His roles as Quinn Mallory in the television series Sliders, and Andrew Clements in My Secret Identity.
Where does Jerry O’Connell live?
Going back to his early life, Jerry was born as a Jeremiah O’Connell to his parents, Michael O’Connell and Linda O’Connell. His father was an advertising agency art director and his mother was an art teacher. Also, His maternal grandfather, Charles S. Witkowski was mayor of Jersey City, New Jersey. He raised along with his brother named Charlie O’Connell in Manhattan, New York City, the U.S. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is mixed with Irish, Italian, and Polish. His birth sign is Aquarius and his religious views are Roman Catholic.
For education, He attended Professional Children’s School in Manhattan, New York City. Then, he enrolled in New York University in 1991 and majored in film in 1995. Later in 2009, He attended Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles, California, to try and be a lawyer, but later dropped out to return to fully commit to acting.
When did Jerry O’Connell begin his acting career?
- Talking about his acting journey, Jerry started his acting career at an early age. He did commercial work for Duncan Hines cookies in his childhood.
- Then, he got his first feature film role as the character Vern Tessio in Rob Reiner’s Stand by Me at the age of 11.
- After that, He appeared in a commercial for Frosted Flakes in 1987.
- Also, He appeared in the Canadian science fiction sitcom My Secret Identity from 1988 to 1991 as the teen hero.
- After a year, He appeared in the short-lived ABC sitcom Camp Wilder in 1992.
- Later, He auditioned for the television pilot Sliders. He was offered the role of Quinn Mallory in the series, which ran for three seasons on Fox and two seasons on the Syfy Channel.
- Also, He served as a producer during his fourth season and is credited with writing and directing several episodes.
- He has also tried his hand at screenwriting and sold his first screenplay to New Regency in 1999 which was released in 2004 by 20th Century Fox-based Davis Entertainment.
- Also, He served as executive producer and received a “story by” credit on the film, which starred Katie Holmes and Michael Keaton.
- In 2001, He cast as Detective Woody Hoyt on the NBC crime drama, Crossing Jordan until its cancellation in May 2007.
- In 2005, He guest-starred in one episode of the animated series Justice League Unlimited. Also, He reprised the role of Captain Marvel in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies short film Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam.
- In early 2008, He participated in a widely circulated Internet video parody of the leaked Tom Cruise video on Scientology.
- In 2010, He starred with Jim Belushi in the CBS comedy-drama The Defenders, which was canceled on May 15th, 2011 after one season.
- In 2012, He played as Herman Munster in a reboot of The Munsters, titled Mockingbird Lane; the remake series was never picked up for production, however, the pilot would air as a Halloween special on October 26th.
- In 2013, He played as Stuart Strickland on We Are Men, alongside Tony Shalhoub.
- In 2015, He returned to Broadway as a ghostwriter in the comedy Living on Love, with Renee Fleming, Anna Chlumsky, and Douglas Sills. It closed after 37 performances.
- He started to host the American talk show named Jerry O’ since 2019. The same year, he appeared the animated children’s television series, Where’s Waldo, which is based on the North American variation of the Where’s Wally?
- His other notable movies are Jerry Maguire (1996), Scream 2 (1997), Body Shots (1999), Mission to Mars (2000), Tomcats (2001), Kangaroo Jack (2003), Room 6 (2006), Piranha 3-D (2009), Wish Upon (2017), Deep Murder (2018), Batman: Hush (2019) and many more.
- His upcoming film and TV series are Star Trek: Lower Decks, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, Ballbuster, and The Secret: Dare to Dream which is in the post-production phase and scheduled to release in 2020.
Who is Jerry O’Connell married to?
Jerry O’Connell married his long-term girlfriend, Rebecca Romijn. The pair started dating in 2004 and later they engaged in 2005. Then, the pair exchanges their vows on 14th July 2007 in a private ceremony at their home in Calabasas, California. Together, the pair welcomed the twin daughters named Dolly Rebecca Rose and Charlie Tamara Tulip O’Connell in 2008. Presently, the couple lives a blissful life and seem to be happy at all.
Previously, he has several romantic relationships with celebrities like Nadia Dajani (1996), Sarah Michelle Gellar (1998-99), Melanie Lazenby (2002), Estella Warren (2002), Nancy M. Pimental (2002), Giuliana Rancic (2003-04), and Geri Horner (2004). Also, he has linked the celebrated like Debra Pelletier and Elin Grindemyr.
What is Jerry O’Connell’s net worth?
Jerry O’Connell has earned the sum of a good amount of money and salary from his profession as an actress in the field of the entertainment industry. As per the online sites, he has reported $20 million at present. He also adds up his fortune through his endorsements and TV commercials like Duncan Hines Cookie Mix (1980), Christa’s Challenge (1986), Ritz Bits Crackers (1987), Triaminic medicine for cold (1987), Oreo Cookies (1987), and Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes Cereal (1988).
What is Jerry O’Connell’s height?
Jerry O’Connell has a height of 6 feet 2 inches and he weighs around 84 Kg. His eyes are sky blue and his hair color is dark brown. Further, his body measurements are still yet to be disclosed. Whenever we will be updated, we will let you know.