Jessica Jo-Anne Eye, popularly known as Jessica Eye is an American professional mixed martial artist. Eye is currently signed to the UFC and fights under the flyweight division. She started her amateur career in 2008 and made her professional debut with the North American Allied Fight Series in 2010. She competed in Bellator Fighting Championships from 2011 to 2013. As of November 2021, she is ranked at No. 3 in the UFC women’s flyweight rankings. She previously reached no. 1 in December 2018.
Eye previously competed in the Bantamweight division.
What is Jessica Eye Famous For?
Source: [email protected]
Where is Jessica Eye From?
Jessica Eye was born on 27 July 1986. Her birth name is Jessica Jo-Anne Eye. Her birth place is in Rootstown, Ohio in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She belongs to white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. She was born to her father, Randy Eye, and her mother, Colleen Eye. She has two half-sisters, Jennifer Carlisle-Brunner and Heather Carlisle-Hunter, and a brother, Randy Miles. Following her parents’ divorce, she moved with her mother to the Washington D.C. suburbs of Virginia.
She briefly attended elementary school in Virginia. She returned to Ohio where she grew up in Cuyahoga Falls. She graduated from Rootstown High School and Maplewood Career Center in 2005. She later attended the University of Akron but never completed her graduation.
Jessica Eye Career
- Jessica Eye made her amateur mixed martial arts debut in June 2008.
- She was an undefeated amateur and was the first North American Allied Fight Series amateur women’s champion (2009).
- She made her professional MMA debut with the North American Allied Fight Series in June 2010. She defeated Amanda LaVoy by TKO in her professional debut.
- She defeated Ashley Nee via TKO to become the Ring of Combat 130 lbs women’s champion in February 2011.
- She suffered her first loss against Aisling Daly in an NAAFS professional women’s flyweight championship in June 2011.
- She signed with Bellator Fighting Championships in 2011.
- She made her Bellator debut against Casey Noland in September 2011. She won via split decision.
- She defeated Anita Rodriguez in April 2012, Zoila Frausto Gurgel in December 2012, and Carina Damm in June 2013.
- Bellator released Eye following the dissolution of its Women’s division in 2013.
- She then signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship in August 2013. She moved up to the bantamweight division since the UFC did not have a women’s flyweight division.
- She made her UFC debut against Sarah Kaufman at UFC 166 in October 2013. She won via split decision. The fight was contested “No decision” in February 2014 by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. It was revealed that Eye failed her post-fight drug test and tested positive for marijuana.
- She was fined $1,875 and put on probation for a year.
- She lost her first UFC fight against Alexis Davis in February 2014.
- She defeated Leslie Smith at UFC 180 but lost to Miesha Tate at UFC on Fox: Dillashaw vs. Barao 2 in July 2015. The winner of Eye vs Tate would receive a shot at the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship.
- She lost to Julianna Pena at UFC 192, Sara McMann at UFC Fight Night 88, and Bethe Correia at UFC 203.
- She had planned to take a year-long hiatus following a series of losses.
- She agreed to a grappling-only rematch with Miesha Tate at Submission Underground show in December 2016. She lost the fight.
- She moved to the newly created 125-pound flyweight division in 2017.
- She was set to make her UFC flyweight debut against Paige VanZant at UFC 216 in October 2017. However, VanZant pulled out due to a back injury.
- She made her UFC flyweight debut against Kalindra Faria at UFC Fight Night: Stephens vs. Choi in January 2018. She won via split decision.
- She defeated Jessica-Rose Clark at UFC Fight Night 132 and Katlyn Chookagian at UFC 231 to reach No. 1 in the official UFC flyweight rankings.
- MMAJunkie.com named her their “Comeback Fight of the Year” for 2018.
- She changed her training team from Strong Style Fight Team to Xtreme Couture Mixed Martial Arts in 2019.
- She lost the UC flyweight title bout against Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 238 in June 2019.
- She defeated Viviane Araujo at UFC 245 in December 2019.
- She lost to Cynthia Calvillo at UFC on ESPN: Eye vs Calvillo, Joanne Calderwood at UFC 257, and Jennifer Maia at UFC 264.
- She pulled out of her bout with Andrea Lee at UFC Fight Night 197 citing illness.
Who is Jessica Eye Husband?
Jessica Eye is reportedly unmarried. She has maintained a low profile regarding her personal life. It is not clear whether she is married or not. Information about her personal life, relationships, husband, and children will be updated here.
How Tall is Jessica Eye?
Jessica Eye stands at the height of 1.68 m i.e. 5 feet and 6 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 126 lbs i.e. 57 kg. She has an athletic body build. She has a reach of 66 inches. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is also dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Jessica Eye Net Worth?
Jessica Eye earns from her professional career as a mixed martial artist. She currently competes in the UFC, signed in 2013. She makes her income from contracts, purses, and bonuses. Her net worth is estimated at around $2 million.