John James “Jimbo” Fisher Jr. shortly named Jimbo Fisher is the head coach at Texas A&M University. He signed a 10-year, $75 million contracts with the Aggies. During an August 2018 ESPN interview, when asked why he chose to take the A&M job, Fisher listed several reasons, including his connection with A&M athletic director Scott Woodward as well as the A&M culture, academics, and facilities. Prior to being the head coach at Texas A&M, he was the head coach at Florida State University where his team won the 2014 BCS National Championship Game. While he was at Samford University, he was the 1987 NCAA Division III National Player of the Year as a senior.
Texas A&M football program penalized for NCAA violations, Jimbo Fisher receives show-cause order
Texas A&M football was placed on probation for a year and coach Jimbo Fisher was given a six-month show-cause order after he and the program were found to have violated NCAA recruiting and athletic-related activity rules. The findings, released on Thursday, stemmed from violations between January 2018 and February 2019, including an instance in which Fisher and an assistant coach had impermissible contact with a recruit. As part of the negotiated resolution, the school had to end the recruitment of the recruit in question. The NCAA did not name the assistant coach, but Texas A&M later identified him as Jay Graham, who is now an assistant at Tennessee. According to the NCAA release, Texas A&M “violated NCAA recruiting and countable athletically related activity rules between January 2018 and February 2019,” and Fisher “violated NCAA head coach responsibility rules.” The punishments stem from an incident in which Fisher and an assistant had impermissible recruiting contact with a player at his high school. The contact violated NCAA rules because it happened before the player had completed his junior year of high school.
- Being the head coach at Texas A&M University.
- Being the 1987 NCAA Division III National Player of the Year at Samford University.
What is the birthplace of Jimbo Fisher?
On 9th October 1965, Jimbo Fisher was born in Clarksburg, West Virginia, the USA. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is American-White. His real name/birth name is John James “Jimbo” Fisher Jr. His race is White. He is Christian by religion and his zodiac sign is Libra. His mother Gloria, teaches chemistry at Robert C. Byrd High School in Clarksburg, WV. He also has a brother named Bryan who is the offensive coordinator at Fairmont State University. He became known as “Jimbo” as a child because his family already had several members who went by “Jim.” About his education, he joined North View Junior High School and Liberty High School before going to Salem College (now Salem International University) in Salem where he played quarterback under head coach Terry Bowden from 1985 to 1986. After Bowden left for Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama, he transferred with him to play his final season for the Bulldogs where Jimbo was named Division III National Player of the Year. Moreover, he still holds multiple school records at Samford. As of 2019, he celebrated his 54th birthday.
How was the coaching career of Jimbo Fisher?
- Jimbo fisher started the 1998 season by playing in the Arena Football League where he played for Chicago Bruisers.
- Later on, he joined Terry Bowden at Samford as a graduate assistant coach working with quarterbacks from the year 1988-1990.
- He was hired as the full-time offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach and after being an assistant coach for two seasons, he moved with Bowden to Auburn University where he coached quarterbacks.
- He coached several successful quarterbacks including Patrick Nix at Auburn.
- In the year 2000, he coached quarterbacks and was the offensive coordinator for one season at Cincinnati before joining Nick Saban’s staff at LSU.
- After on, he interviewed for the head coaching position at the University of Alabama at Birmingham after the 2006 season but the University of Alabama System Board of Trustees vetoed the contract offer, sparking controversy since the same board oversees the flagship campus in Tuscaloosa.
- He joins the coaching staff at the University of Alabama to become offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Florida State University, where he replaced Jeff Bowden, son of then-Seminoles coach Bobby Bowden.
- At FSU, his contract guaranteed a salary of $215,000 with incentives increasing the total package into the $400,000’s. The new contract paid Fisher around $600,000 per year with a $2.5 million buyout clause. The university promised to pay $5 million to Fisher if he was not made head coach by January 2011.
- On 5th January, he became the ninth head football coach in Florida State history after Bowden retired.
- On 7th January 2010, his official introduction as a head coach took place at a Florida State University press conference.
- In his first season, he led the Seminoles to their first 10-win season since 2003, and only their second of the new millennium.
- The Seminoles won their first conference title in seven years and appeared in a major bowl for the first time in seven years, defeating Northern Illinois in the Orange Bowl in 2012.
- His tenure at Florida State crested with the 2013 national championship season.
- The Seminoles stormed through the regular season undefeated for the second year in a row in 2014.
- In the 2017 season, they went on to finish with their first on-field losing record in ACC play since joining the league.
- In eight years at Florida State, he accumulated an 83-23 record, a 2013 BCS national championship, three ACC conference championships, four Atlantic Division titles (three outright, one shared), four AP Poll top 10 finishes, and four bowl game victories.
- His .783 winning percentage is the highest in FSU history.
- He resigned as the head coach at FSU to accept the same job at Texas A&M University on 1st December 2017 where he signed a 10-year, $75 million contracts with the Aggies.
- During an August 2018 ESPN interview, when he was asked why he chose to take the A&M job, he listed several reasons, including his connection with A&M athletic director Scott Woodward as well as the A&M culture, academics, and facilities.
Awards / Records and Achievements of Jimbo Fisher
- 1987: Division III National Player of the Year
- 2001: Broyles Assistant Coach of the Year Award finalist
- 2013: AFCA Regional Coach of the Year
- 2013: Rawlings Football College Coach of the Year
Who is Jimbo Fisher’s Wife?
Jimbo Fisher was a married man. He was married to his beautiful wife, Candi. The duo is also blessed with two sons; Trey and Ethan. On Thursday, 11th June 2015, the duo announced that they had separated and were planning on a divorce. Their son Ethan has Fanconi anemia. This was discussed on the ESPN Monday Night College Football game on 2nd September 2013 between Florida State and the University of Pittsburgh as part of an effort by both schools to raise awareness of the disease. On the other side, his other son Trey attends Amos P. Godby High School in Tallahassee, Florida, where he had been their starting quarterback the last two seasons. The duo divorced in 2015. At present, he is focusing on his career. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. Although Jimbo is still co-parenting with his ex-wife Candi, he also has been public regarding his relationship with his girlfriend, Courtney Harrison, who has moved to College Station. They also posed with Trey and Ethan for photos at Kyle Field following Jimbo’s introductory news conference.
What is the Net Worth of Jimbo Fisher?
Jimbo Fisher is an American college football coach and former player. He is the head coach at Texas A&M University. As of 2020, the net worth of Jimbo Fisher is estimated to have $13 Million. He signed a 10-year, $75 million contracts with the Aggies. His base salary is $500,000 annually, with a “supplemental” income of $7.5 million annually. Regarding his house details, his house is located in Tallahassee, Florida(FL) US. He purchased this house in 2007 for $950,000. At present, he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings. He is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Jimbo Fisher?
Jimbo Fisher is a very handsome person. He has got a perfect height matching with his body weight. His hair color is blonde and his eye color is green. His body build is average. He has got a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. He maintains his body a lot. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a glowing face.