Jodie Turner-Smith is a British actress and model who is best known for her role in the American drama series “The Last Ship” and “Nightflyers”. She is also known for her role as Queen in the American film “Queen & Slim”. She has also appeared in the music video “Make Me Cry” in 2016.
On April 21, 2020, Smith experienced the pleasure of being a mother welcoming her and Joshua Jackson’s first daughter, during the worldwide pandemic after being in labor for 4 days at home. Jodie is also quite active in the social media platform with around 249k followers on Instagram: @jodiesmith and 28k followers on Twitter: @MissJodie.
What is Jodie Turner-Smith famous for?
- Famous as British actress and model.
- Known for her interracial relationship with Joshua Jackson.
Where was Jodie Turner-Smith born?
Jodie Turner-Smith was born on September 7th, 1986 in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England. Her birth name is Jodie Turner-Smith. British is her nationality. Her ethnicity is South American while Virgo is her zodiac sign. Christianity is her religion
She was born as the youngest child of her parents. she was born to Eron Smith(father) and Hilda Smith(mother). She has an older brother, Brandon Antonino Glovanni Smith, and an older sister, Toni Gasson Smith. After her parents got divorced, she moved to the United States with her mother and siblings.
Source: [email protected]
She was raised in Gaithersburg, Maryland. She did her schooling from Gaithersburg High School. She was voted as “Most Likely to Succeed” in her senior class. Later, she attended the University of Pittsburgh and graduated in 2008. Then, she started working as a banker in Pittsburgh. She wanted to become a writer since her young age.
However, when her friend met her with musician Pharrel Williams, he suggested Smith that she will have a brighter future as a model than as a writer. She moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in modeling.
Jodie Turner-Smith’s Career: Highlights
- Jodie Turner-Smith began her career as an actress in 2013 by appearing in the role of Siren in American Series “True Blood”.
- Then, she appeared in many music videos like “Cool Song No.2”, “Dear Diamond”, and “Make Me Cry”.
- In 2016, she also got the opportunity to be featured in Zayn Malik’s Pillowtalk.
- She rose to fame by portraying the role of Sgt.Azime Kandie in the TNT series “The Last Ship” in the 2017-18 season.
- In 2018, she starred as Melantha Jhirl in the American horror science fiction series “Nightflyers” for 10 episodes.
- She also appeared as Josie in the American action series “Jett” in 2019.
- Smith starred as Queen in the movie “Queen & Sim” in 2019. She was appreciated a lot for her role in the movie.
- Her other movies are “The Neon Demon”, “Lemon”, and “Newness”.
- “After Yang” and “Without Remorse” are her upcoming movies.
Everything To Know About Joshua Jackson
Jodie Turner-Smith Husband
The Actress and model, Jodie Turner-Smith has been married once. She is married to Joshua Jackson, who is a Canadian actor, known for his role as Pacey Witter in the drama series “Dawson’s Creek”. They dated each other since October 2018 and finally got married in December 2019 after dating for over a year.
Because of their interracial dating and marriage, Jodie faced several problems while in relationships as she was shocked when she was rejected after coming to America for the first time. They welcomed their first daughter on April 21, 2020, after being in labor for 4 days.
In August 2020, Jodie reflected on her pregnancy journey in a powerful new essay for “British Vogue”, where she mentioned finding herself to navigate being pregnant in the middle of a worldwide pandemic and the restrictions that came with that. They ultimately decided they felt most comfortable welcoming their daughter with at home, due to the high-risk of pregnancy-related deaths in Black women in America.
Jodie Turner-Smith Net Worth
The American actress and model, Jodie Turner-Smith has a good earning from her profession since debuting in 2013. Jodie Turner-Smith has an estimated net worth of around $500k as of 2020. Her main source of income is from a modeling and acting career. She is living a luxurious lifestyle with her present earings.
Jodie Turner-Smith Body Measurements
The 31 years aged, Jodie Turner-Smith is a beautiful Black woman in herself. She has a dark complexion with black hair and a brown pair of eyes. She stands at a height of 5ft 8inches(175m) and has a body weight of 57kg(125 lbs). Her body measurement is 34-26-35 inches. Her bra cup size is 33B. Her shoe size is 7(US).