Joel Pimentel is a Mexican-American musician who is well known for being one of the five members of the famous American boy band, “CNCO”. He gained fame and recognition following his appearance on the Latin reality competition show, “La Banda”, where he competed against several other teenagers to become a part of the group.
His popularity on La Banda translated to more than 1 million followers on Twitter: @itsjoelpimentel and more than 3.7 million followers on Instagram: @joelpimentel
Following the release of their debut album, “Primera Cita” in 2016, they received much praise from media who even stated that with CNCO, America had entered a new era of Latin boy-band culture. However, on May 9, 2021, it was announced that he was leaving the group after five and half years of togetherness. His last day would be on their upcoming virtual concert.
What is Joel Pimentel Famous for?
- Famous as a member of a boy band, “CNCO”.
Source: [email protected]
Where is Joel Pimentel From?
Joel Pimentel was born on February 28, 1999, in California, United States. His birth name is Joel Pimentel. His nationality is American. Pimentel belongs to Latin-American ethnicity while Pisces is his zodiac sign.
Born as one of the four children to his Mexican parents, Francisco Javier Pimentel(father) and Patricia P. de Leon(mother), Joel grew up alongside his brothers; Emanuel, Israel, and Gabriel. Even so Spanish was his native language, he did not understand or speak Spanish at all at the time until he turned 8 when he tried learning to speak and write Spanish but never became fluent.
Joel developed an aspiration to become a musician through his grandfather who was a musician back in his days. He even has stated that his grandfather was his biggest inspiration throughout. He began taking singing lessons at age of 8 and by the time he was in middle school, he started doing theater.
He did his high schooling at Oak Hills High School, however, back during his school days, he was bullied for his Mexican looks often called “potato”.
Source: [email protected]
Joel Pimentel’s Career Highlights
- Joel Pimentel started his career when he auditioned for the reality show, “La Banda” in 2015. He competed against other teenagers to take his place on the show for a long time.
- He even beat Alan Matheus to become one of the five members of the newly formed boy band, “CNCO” on the show. The band officially got formed in December 2015 at the finale of the “La Banda” show.
- Their amazing performance on the show led them to perform at the Time Square in New York on the 2016 new year’s eve.
- Alongside receiving the mentorship from Ricky Martin, the band even earned a five-year contract with Sony Music Latin.
- In January 2016, the band released their debut single, “Tan Fácil”, which debuted at 25 on Billboard Latin Rhythm Airplay chart.
- The same month, they held their first individual concert in Miami.
- In May 2016, they released their second official single, “Quisiera” for which they even released a music video.
- The same year in August, they released their debut album titled “Primera Cita”. The album became an instant hit earning them the Pop/Rock Album of the Year award at the 29th ‘Premios Lo Nuestro’ awards.
- After 2 years, they released another album titled “CNCO” which also debuted at the top spot on the ‘Billboard Top Latin Albums chart.
- In 2020, they released their latest album titled “Deja Vu”.
- Even so, they gained popularity worldwide, Joel decided to leave the group which was announced on May 9, 2021.
- Joel’s last performance as a band member will be on May 14, 2021, at their global Livestream concert event.
Joel Pimentel’s Dating and Relationship
Joel Pimentel is supposed to be single at the moment. There has been no further information related to his dating life. On his Instagram posts, he can be seen living his life freely and happily.
Besides, also announced his departure from the group himself via an Instagram post saying “It’s time to start building my own path and career. This is why I’ve decided to leave the band,” he wrote. “I can’t wait to share my new project with y’all. This is just a new beginning.”
Joel Pimentel’s Net Worth
Joel Pimentel has quite good earnings from his professional career as a musician. Having his career started as a teenager with the band “CNCO” in 2015, he has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular Latin artists in his career run of 5 years.
His source of income was surely his contract deal as a member of CNCO which has got changed after the announcement of his departure from the band in 2021. Even so, his net worth is estimated to be around $1.2 million.
Joel Pimentel’s Height
Joel Pimentel is a handsome man with a well-maintained body physique in his 20s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 11inch.(1.80 m) while his body weighs around 68kg(150 lbs). He has a fair complexion with brown hair and brown eyes. He has an athletic body physique measuring 41-34-35 inches with 13 inches as his biceps size.