John Fleck, the nephew of former Scottish International Robert Flack, is a Scottish professional footballer. He currently plays as a midfielder for EFL Championship club Sheffield United. At the international level, he represents the Scottish national team. He made his senior debut in October 2019 against Russia. Fleck began his career with the Rangers, making his senior debut in 2008 aged 16, and was marked as a future star. He became the youngest ever player to play in a senior British cup final, by appearing as a substitute in the 2008 Scottish Cup Final against Queen of the South. In 2012 he transferred to Coventry City, remaining there until 2016 when he joined Sheffield United.
John Fleck Famous For
- Being a Scottish professional footballer.
- Being the youngest ever player to play in a senior British cup final.
When was John Fleck born?
John Fleck was born on 24th August 1991 in Glasgow, Scotland. His birth name is John Alexander Fleck. He holds an English nationality and belongs to the white caucasian ethnicity. His star sign is Virgo. He is a follower of Christianity.
Fleck was born into a middle-class sports-loving family. His father, Alan Fleck is a former amateur football player while his mother Mrs. Fleck is a homemaker. His uncle, Robert Fleck is a former Scotland international who played for Rangers, Chelsea, and Norwich in the 1980s and 1990s.
Fleck grew up in the Yoker district of Glasgow playing football along with his neighborhood pals. It was his father who encouraged and helped Fleck to develop his football career.
What does John Fleck do for a living?
- John Fleck began his career in the Rangers youth teams aged 13 in 2005.
- He played in their Scottish Youth Cup victory over Celtic on 26 April 2007.
- At the age of 15, he made his debut for the senior team against SV Lippstadt 08 on 15 July 2007.
- He made his competitive debut on 23 January 2008 in the Scottish Cup game against East Stirlingshire.
- He made his Scottish Premiership debut on 22 May 2008 against Aberdeen.
- Fleck scored his first competitive goal in a 2–0 league victory over Dundee United on 31 January 2009.
- On 26 March 2010, Fleck signed a new three-year contract with Rangers.
- On 4 July 2012, Fleck joined League One club Coventry City.
- Fleck scored his first Coventry goal in a 4–1 loss away to Shrewsbury Town on 18 September 2012.
- Between the start of the 2012–13 season and the end of the 2013–14 season, he scored just one goal for Coventry.
- In July 2016, Fleck was transferred to English league one club Sheffield United on a three-year contract.
- On 8 April 2017, Fleck scored a late winner against Northampton Town which helped them to be promoted to the EFL Championship.
- On 28 April 2019, Fleck saw his second promotion with United, this time to the Premier League, the club returning after a 12-year absence.
- On 22 February 2020, Fleck signed a new three-year deal with the club that will keep him until 2023.
Who is John Fleck Wife?
John Fleck has been married to his beautiful wife Lauren Fleck since 2019. It is not revealed when the couple exactly started their romantic relationship but they became engaged in 2019 after the midfielder proposed to his future wife. They had been planning their dream wedding for two years but their special day clashed with Scotland’s Euro qualifying with Cyprus and Belgium.
However, Fleck chose to get married and give time to his newlywed partner rather than the games. He said, “There was no chance I could have postponed the wedding – Lauren would have killed me.” Eventually, John and Lauren tied the knot in June 2019 in a grand ceremony held in Ayrshire. As of now, the couple is blessed with two sons named Hudson and Ari.
What is the Net Worth of John Fleck?
As of 2022, the net worth of John Fleck is estimated to be US $2 million. His current market value is 3 million euros. In August 2021 the midfielder signed a contract with Sheffield United that nets him a whopping salary of £420,000 per year. Apart from his football contract and salary, he also makes extra income through his endorsement deals with several multiple brands including Nike, and EA Sports.
How tall is John Fleck?
John Fleck is 5 ft 7 inches tall and his body weight is 72 Kg. He has an Athletic build body. As a football player, he regularly does workouts and gym exercises to keep him fit and active. He has a short hairstyle that is brown in color. He has a pair of blue-colored eyes. He always does heavy exercise which includes weight lifting, push-ups, Single-leg squats, Dumbbell bench step-ups, and others. He arrives every morning at the Sheffield United FC training center for warm-ups and training.