John Meadows was an American bodybuilder, coach, nutritionist, and a successful YouTube personality. He was famous for presenting many of his exercise demonstrations and favorite workouts on his channel. He had won several bodybuilding competitions at both the state and national levels. He entered and lost his first bodybuilding competition at 13. He was also an entrepreneur as he was the owner of the supplement brand, Granite Supplements. To continue his passion, he quit his job at Huntington Bank as a senior project manager. Additionally, he had even launched his own fitness company called “Mountain Dog Diet”. He took the nickname ‘Mountain Dog’ as he used to own a Bernese Mountain Dog. Sadly, he passed away on August 8, 2021.
Pro Bodybuilder John Meadows Dies Unexpectedly At 49
Professional bodybuilder John Meadows died “unexpectedly” and “peacefully” at home on Sunday at 49 years old, according to a Facebook post by his wife. Known as the “Mountain Dog,” Meadows competed in bodybuilding competitions for over 30 years. He entered his first competition at the age of 13 in 1985 while also pursuing his passion for powerlifting. In 2005, Meadows was diagnosed with a rare colon disease called idiopathic myointimal hyperplasia of the mesenteric veins. He returned in 2007 to come in 16th place in the IFBB North American Championships. In 2015, he earned a pro card by coming in first place in the NPC Universe, Bodybuilding Over 40 Overall. In 2020, Meadows was hospitalized with a blood clot that was thought to stem from the disease. He is survived by his wife and twin sons, Jonathan and Alexander.
Cause of Death
John Meadows, a bodybuilder, jock, coach, and expert nutritionist dies at 49 on 8th August 2021 at his home. The news was shared on his confirmed Facebook page in the early evening in the interest of his better half (Mary) by an individual named Brooke Nappo. The statement read as follows: “Dear Friends & Family, I am posting this on behalf of Mary. This morning John passed away unexpectedly and peacefully in their home. As you can imagine, this is a complete shock to her and the boys. She will update as soon as she can. Please know she is very thankful for all the prayers and support she knows her and the boys will receive from you all.” In any case, the reason for death was not declared. His demise comes about a year in the wake of experiencing blood coagulation incited cardiovascular failure that left him hospitalized. He had recently required a medical procedure in the wake of being determined to have an uncommon colon infection in 2005 called idiopathic myointimal hyperplasia of the mesenteric veins. He is survived by his wife, Mary Meadows; their sons, Alexander and Jonathan; at least one sister, Christina Dobbins; and extended family.
Why was John Meadows Known For?
- Being a bodybuilder, coach, nutritionist, as well as an entrepreneur.
- Being the owner of the supplement brand, Granite Supplements.
- For launching his own fitness company called “Mountain Dog Diet”.
Where was John Meadows from?
John Meadows opened his eyes for the first time on 11th April 1972 in the Washington Court House, Ohio, the USA. Thus, he held American nationality and his ethnicity was American-White. His race was White. He was born to American parents whose name is still a mystery as he had never talked about his parents to the media. Only the fact is known that his mother died when he was too young and he had never met his father. Due to this, he grew up under the custody of his grandmother who also left him in 1999. He also had a sibling, a sister named Christina Dobbins. He lastly celebrated his 49th birthday as of 2021. Aries was his Zodiac sign and his religion was Christian.
Regarding his educational background, John studied Anatomy and Physiology section in Muscle and Fitness which was the field of his interest from a young age. He earned his BA degree from Capital University majoring in Health and Fitness Management. After graduating college, he worked at Aerotek. He spent a decade at JP Morgan Chase, even making it up to VP of the retail administration division. He shifted to his fitness empire in 2008. He contributed to publications like Men’s Health, Muscle & Fitness, T-Nation, and more.
John Meadows Career Timeline
- John Meadows was a fitness buff since he was a kid.
- He entered his first bodybuilding contest when he was 13.
- As a professional bodybuilder, he holds multiple certifications including Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and Certified Sports Nutritionist from the International Society of Sports Nutrition (CISSN).
- Additionally, he had participated in multiple bodybuilding competitions where he was placed second in NPC Physique Light Heavyweight in the year 1997.
- After a year, he secured the sixth position while participating in NPC Junior USA Light Heavyweight.
- What’s more, he also won the NPC Jan Tana Amateur Heavyweight & Overall as well as NPC USA Championships Heavyweight securing first and fourth positions respectively.
- He then participated in NPC USA Championships Heavyweight in 2000 where he gained the eighth position.
- Furthermore, he won 2001 at NPC Collegiate Nationals Heavyweight & Overall.
- In 2002, he gained the third position at NPC Eastern USA Championships Heavyweight as well as being tenth at NPC Nationals Heavyweight.
- He went for IFBB North American Bodybuilding Championships, Men’s Heavyweight where he became fourth in 2004.
- In the year 2005, he became fourth at Los Angeles Bodybuilding, Fitness & Figure Championships, Men’s as well as securing 13th position at USA Bodybuilding & Figure Championships, Men’s Heavyweight.
- He was placed 16th at the IFBB North American Championships, Men Heavyweight.
- In the year 2010, he was 12th at IFBB North American Championships, Men’s Heavyweight.
- He began imparting diet expertise with the launch of his website, MountainDogDiet.com, in 2010.
- In 2012, he secured the second position at North American Championships, IFBB Bodybuilding: Over 40 – Heavyweight and NPC Teen, Collegiate & Masters National Championships, Bodybuilding: Over 40 – Heavyweight.
- In 2013, he placed second at Masters National Championships, Bodybuilding: Masters Over 40 Super Heavyweight but was placed third at Over 35 Super Heavyweight. He secured the second position at Bodybuilding Masters Over 35 – Super Heavyweight in the following year.
- In 2015, he secured the first position at NPC Universe, Bodybuilding Over 40 Overall making him earn the Pro Card.
- He had even competed at Muscle Mayhem Pro, IFBB Open Men in 2014 securing 14th position.
- He was the CEO of Granite Supplements since 2016.
- His last professional challenge was the 2017 Muscle Mayhem Kansas Pro, where he was positioned fourteenth. Then, at that point, his center moved to prepare individual ace experts full-time.
- Despite his health issues, he resumed his coaching and training and with this incredible and outstanding coaching, his students named Shaun Clarida and Missy Truscott become the winner of 212 Olympia Champion and Fitness Olympia.
Who was John Meadows married to?
John Meadows was a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful wife whose name goes by Mary Meadows. John is very much thankful to his wife and he stated that his wife is one of the biggest influences in his life. his wife is very supportive of him in every step of his life. They are also the parents of twins kids; both sons namely Jonathan and Alexander born in the year 2006. He talked about his wife: “I couldn’t have done it without her. When I was sick and got out of the hospital and I was too weak to look after myself, she did everything for me, including sanitary things I can’t talk about. If I say I want to do something, we’ll talk about it, make sure it’s workable, and then she gets behind me and supports the idea and me all the way. And when I’m hurting the last three or four weeks of my diet, she sees the look on my face and says, “Just hang in there, it’s going to be worth it.” And I need to hear that at that stage.”
How much was John Meadows Net Worth?
As of 2021, the net worth of John Meadows is estimated to have $3 Million. His main source of wealth comes from his role as a bodybuilder, coach, and nutritionist. He also runs a YouTube channel and has proven to be a successful entrepreneur as well which boosts up his net worth. The exact salary of John Meadows is still to get unfold yet. Prior to health, he was living a cool lifestyle. Through granitesupplements.com, he has been offering several products including Vaso Plast, Protein Powder, Essential Aminos, GX Pre-Workout, Joint Care, Ultimate Muscle Building Stack, Ultimate Weight Management Stack, Ultimate Performance Stack, Granite Gift Card, American Granite Hoodie, American Granite Tank, American granite Tee, Full Circle Crop Sweatshirt (NAVY), Full Circle Zip Hoodie, Granite Performance Shorts and many more.
How tall was John Meadows?
John Meadows had an average height of 5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm. His well-maintained body weight consisted of 97KG or 214 lbs. His body type was muscular. Back in 2005, he started feeling unusual pains in his stomach which became worse mostly after eating food. As the pain was unbearable, he went to the hospital where he was diagnosed with rare and serious colon disease. Likewise, he also suffered serious health issues in 2005. As of May 2020, he suffered a heart attack shocking the entire bodybuilding industry. On 13th May 2020, on his behalf, his wife Mary updated his Facebook status updating his health condition revealing that his arteries have no plaque buildup but have faced two massive blood clots blocking two of his arteries. On the following status, she revealed that one of the clots has been dissolved from the blood thinners. He needs no surgery and stints for having a full recovery. Further, it was reported that his COVID-19 test was resulted to be Negative. Later, he recovered for this but the doctor stated that his heart was not working properly at that time by which is expected that the cause of the death of John may be a heart problem. His other body measurements are unavailable at a moment.