John Stamos is an American actor and musician who made his first TV show appearance in the role of Blackie Parrish in the medical drama series, General Hospital. For his performance in the show, he won Daytime Emmy Award nomination. He made his theatrical film debut in the leading role in Never Too Young to Die in 1986.
Since then, he has been cast in roles like Jesse Katsopolis in the ABC sitcom Full House, Marvyn Korn in the sports comedy-drama series Big Shot, Johnny in the drama series Thieves, Steven Leslie in the comedy-drama film Father of Invention, Dr. Tony Gates in the medical drama series ER, Dr. Brock Holt in the satirical comedy slasher series Scream Queens, Mike in the comedy film My Man Is a Loser, Jake Phillips in the ABC sitcom Jake in Progress, Shel Grandy in the LGBT romantic comedy film Wedding Wars, Connor McClane in the drama series Necessary Roughness, Jimmy Martino in the sitcom Grandfathered and as Dr. Nicky in the Lifetime/Netflix psychological thriller You.
Recently, he has been seen in “Historical Roasts”, “The Little Mermaid Live!”, “Big Shot”, “Muppets Haunted Mansion”, “Spidey and His Amazing Friends”, and “Mickey Mouse Funhouse” (voice). In 1994, he released an independent album, Shades of Blue, in collaboration with Lanny Cordola, Gary Griffin, Tony Guerrero, Sandra Stephens, and David Enos. He has also occasionally performed at live events with the rock-pop band, The Beach Boys.
John Stamos Known For
- John Stamos is an actor, producer, musician, comedian, and singer who first gained popularity with his role of Blackie Parrish in the ABC television series “General Hospital”.
- He is known for playing the role of Jesse Katsopolis in the ABC drama sitcom, “Full House“. He reprised the same role in the sequel series Fuller House, which was broadcasted on Netflix.
What is John Stamos’s full name?
John Stamos was born on August 19, 1963, in Cypress, California, USA. His full name is John Phillip Stamos. His nationality is American and he belongs to a Mixed (Greek, English, and Irish) ethnicity. He was born to William John Stamos (father) and Loretta Phillips (mother). His dad is a Restaurant Owner.
He was raised by his parents in a musical and entertaining environment along with his siblings Alaina Stamos (Younger Sister) and Jansen Stamos (Younger Sister). He earned a degree in arts and literature from John F. Kennedy High School. After graduating from high school, he had planned to get admission to Cypress College. However, he decided to skip college to focus on his acting career.
His zodiac sign is Leo as per his birthdate. His present age is 59 as of 2022.
How was the Career of John Stamos?
- Initially, John Stamos began his acting debut in the year 1982 appearing as Blackie Parrish in the soap opera “General Hospital” which was then followed by “Dreams”, “You Again?”, “Never Too Young to Die”.
- In the late 1980s, ABC’s “Full House” gradually became a hit, and the show solidified Stamos’s career. In 1995, after eight seasons, the series came to an end.
- After the show ended, he appeared in numerous made-for-television films, stage productions, television series, and commercials.
- He had starring roles in the television series Thieves (2001) and Jake in Progress (2005).
- In 2003, Stamos guest-starred on Friends, appearing in the season nine episode, “The One with the Donor”.
- He was a guest star in a first-season episode of MTV’s The Andy Milonakis Show (2005).
- In the A&E television movie Wedding Wars (2006), he starred as Shel.
- He has made several voice-acting appearances such as in the MTV animated series Clone High in the episode, “Changes: The Big Prom: The Sex Romp: The Season Finale”.
- In 2005, Stamos guest-starred in two episodes in season 12 of ER as paramedic-turned-intern Tony Gates.
- In February 2008, Stamos appeared in the television adaptation of A Raisin in the Sun.
- In August 2008, he was the roastmaster for Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget.
Everything To Know About Bob Saget
- On June 8, 2010, it was announced that Stamos would portray Carl Howell, a new love interest for Emma Pillsbury (Jayma Mays), in season two of the television show “Glee”.
- In 2011, Stamos guest-starred on “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”.
- He also guest-starred as himself on Two and a Half Men.
- In March 2013, Stamos signed on in a recurring role on the USA Network drama “Necessary Roughness”.
- In April 2015, Stamos announced on Jimmy Kimmel Live! that the streaming service Netflix would be picking up Full House for a 13-episode sequel, titled “Fuller House”, to start airing on February 26, 2016.
- After that, he appeared in Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (2016), and Scream Queens (2015-2016).
- In 2018, he starred in Lifetime’s former television adaptation of “You” as Dr. Nicky, which premiered on September 9, 2018. On June 24, 2019, it was confirmed that Stamos would reprise his role as Dr. Nicky in the second season, by which point the series had been announced to move to Netflix. The second season was released on December 26, 2019.
- After then, he appeared n “Historical Roasts”, “The Little Mermaid Live!”, “Big Shot”, “Muppets Haunted Mansion”, “Spidey and His Amazing Friends”, and “Mickey Mouse Funhouse” (voice).
John Stamos Awards and Achievements
- Won Soapy Awards in 1982
- Won Young Artist Awards in 1984
- Won People’s Choice Awards in 2016
Who is John Stamos’s Wife?
John Stamos is a married man to his beautiful wife, Caitlin McHugh. In February 2018, the couple got married. The couple welcomed their first child, Billy in April 2018. He started going out with actress Caitlin McHugh in 2016. Over the coming days, they made a conscious effort to keep their relationship away from the spotlight to give it a better chance to survive in the long run. And, it certainly helped as they got engaged in October 2017.
To announce their engagement, Stamos posted a lovely cartoon picture on his Instagram account. As of now, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, he dated Carrie Ann Inaba, Lori Loughlin, Natasha Henstridge, Sky Valencia, Demi Moore, Julie Ronnie, Emma Samms, Teri Copley, Vanity, Chelsea Noble, Marlee Matlin, Paula Abdul, Julie Anderson, Ingrid Sthare. He was married to model Rebecca Romijn (September 19, 1998). They couldn’t continue their marital relationship and announced their separation in April 2004.
After that, he was in a relationship with Denise Richards, Emma Heming, Leah Marsh, Renee Zellweger, and Amy Poehler before he tied a knot to Caitlin McHugh.
What is John Stamos’s Net Worth?
John Stamos is an American actor, singer, and musician who has made a huge fortune from his career work. As of 2022, the net worth of John is estimated to have $25 Million. His primary source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry whereas his secondary source of wealth comes from the music industry and endorsement deals.
He has appeared in these TV commercials – Pantene hair care products, 10-10-987 (long-distance service), Propel Fitness Water, Dannon Oikos Greek yogurt, and Spectrum. He is making his annual salary in millions of dollars from his present work. He is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
He bought a 4,000-square-foot mansion in Beverly Hills for $3.57 million in May 2005, shortly after his divorce from Rebecca Romijn.
How tall is John Stamos?
John Stamos is a handsome actor. He has a tall height of 6 feet. His body weight is 79 kg. He has dark brown hair and dull Green eyes. His body measurement is 41-14-35 (chest-arms/biceps-waist). His body build is athletic. He has a prominent nose with a broad smile.
He usually goes for Pilates 3 days a week and spends a lot of time on Reformer and other machines. He follows it up with floor work and lots of stretching. He has also included swimming in his workout regime and swims laps three days a week.
Regarding diet, he relies on Greek Yogurt, which he also claims is the secret of his eternally youthful appearance. He usually loves to have it for his breakfast and we have no doubt, he doesn’t mind having it during any other part of the day.
Leave a Reply