Jonathan Gannon is a talented American football coach who is the defensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He began his profession in National Football League as a colleague/quality mentor in 2007 when he was recruited by Atlanta Falcons. He previously served as an assistant coach for the Indianapolis Colts, Minnesota Vikings, Tennessee Titans, and Atlanta Falcons. In his high school, Gannon was a successful three-sport athlete, winning a state championship in basketball as a point guard, a district champion as a hurdler in track, and was also a standout wide receiver and defensive back.
Jonathan Gannon’s defense struggles to stop Cowboys’ run game in Monday night loss
The stage was set for the Eagles to prove that they would be taken seriously in the race to win the NFC East against the Dallas Cowboys. However, the Monday night lights were too bright for the Eagles, as they were trounced on national television, losing 41-21 to fall to a record of 1-2. Eagles defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon’s defense was unable to stop the Cowboys’ run game. The defensive issues were compounded by the offense only converting 25% of their third-down attempts. In the first half, the Cowboys held on the ball for 20:21 minutes. The Cowboys continued to run the ball effectively, garnering 118 yards in the first half behind the combination of running backs Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard. the Eagles finished the game allowing 161 yards on the ground.
- Being an American football coach.
- For being the defensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL).
What is Jonathan Gannon Nationality?
Jonathan Gannon was born on 4th April 1993 in Cleveland, Ohio, the U.S. He holds American nationality and belongs to American-white ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Jonathan’s present age is 38 which he celebrated recently in 2021. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Aries. Jonathan’s family’s details have not been disclosed yet.
Regarding Gannon’s academic qualification, he attended Saint Ignatius High School and later went on to play at the University of Louisville until he suffered a career-ending injury. He remained with the program as a volunteer assistant during the 2003-2005 seasons. He was a graduate assistant the next season for Louisville’s win in the 2006 Orange Bowl.
What does Jonathan Gannon do for a living?
- Jonathan Gannon began his career being hired by the Atlanta Falcons as a defensive quality control coach, following Bobby Petrino to the National Football League in 2007.
St. Louis Rams
- Rich was hired by the St. Louis Rams as a college scout in 2009 where he was promoted to a pro scout in 2010 and left the Rams in 2011.
- Gannon returned to coaching as and was hired by the Tennessee Titans as a defensive quality control coach in 2012, a position he would serve until 2013.
- Rich was hired by the Minnesota Vikings as their assistant defensive backs and defensive quality control coach in 2014. He would serve in this role for four seasons before leaving the Vikings following the 2017 season.
- Gannon was hired by the Indianapolis Colts as their defensive backs in 2018 and cornerbacks coach under head coach Frank Reich and stayed there until 2020.
- Rich was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2021 as their defensive coordinator.
Who is Jonathan Gannon married to?
Jonathan Gannon is a married guy. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife Gina Gannon with whom he has three children: Rocco, Lola, and Angelo. There’s much love between the two. Basically, her understanding and their strong love bond have helped them stay glue for this long. Concerning Gannon’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Jonathan Gannon?
Jonathan Gannon has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been revealed yet. With his hard work and luck by his side, he can double the amount of wealth he has today. In addition, his major source of income is from his football coach career and he is sincere in his work.
How tall is Jonathan Gannon?
Jonathan Gannon stands at an ideal height of 6 feet with a balanced body weight. He has short black hair and dark brown eyes color. Jonathan’s ethnic background is probably one of the reasons for his bold and extremely attractive personality. Furthermore, his body build type is athletic.