An American actress and model, Jordana Brewster made her breakthrough appearance in the “Fast and Furious” film series which helps to earn her a Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actress: Action. She made her acting debut in an episode of “All My Children” in 1995 and next took on the recurring role as Nikki Munson in “As the World Turns”. Her first role in a feature film was in Robert Rodriguez’s horror science fiction “The Faculty” (1998). Brewster returned as Mia Toretto in the ninth installment of the franchise, 2021’s “F9”.
Jordana Brewster Just Revealed the Subtle Paul Walker Tribute in “F9”
Paul Walker starred as Brian in six Fast and the Furious movies. And following his death in 2013, his character was written out of the main storyline rather than killed off. Now, with the release of F9 coming on 25th June actor Jordana Brewster, who plays Brian’s partner Mia, has shared the way she honored her late co-star in the ninth installment. The tribute is small and subtle, so you’ll have to pay close attention to it when you watch the film. Brewster shared that she had bracelets made for the movie that gives a subtle shoutout to Walker. The bracelets, which she wears as Mia, have the names of Brian, Olivia, and Jack on them. She also shared that she kept the bracelets “as mementos” after filming wrapped. When she was asked about the director of the first film, Rob Cohen, revealing that Walker had a crush on her during the early days, Brewster responded, “Aww,” and said that while she wasn’t aware, she had similar feelings at a later time. “I had a crush on him from movie four to, like, seven,” she said. “I never got to tell him that, but I think on many levels he knew.”
- Being an American actress and model.
- For appearing in the “Fast and Furious” film series.
What is the Nationality of Jordana Brewster?
Born on 26th April 1980, Jordana Brewster holds American nationality and she belongs to mixed ethnicity as she has English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry on her dad’s side while she is of Brazilian descent on her mom’s side. She was conceived in Panama City, Panama, U.S, under the star sign of Taurus. Her religious belief is in the Christian religion. Jordana’s race is white and her present age is 41 which she celebrated in 2021. Her mother, Maria Joao, is a former swimsuit model from Brazil who appeared on the 1978 cover of “Sports Illustrated”, and her father, Alden Brewster, is an American investment banker. Her paternal grandfather, Kingman Brewster Jr., was president of Yale University (1963-1977) and the United States Ambassador to the United Kingdom (1977-1981). She has a younger sister named, Isabella Brewster.
Talking about Brewster’s academic qualification, she studied at the Convent of the Sacred Heart and graduated from the Professional Children’s School. Brewster graduated from Yale University with a B. A. in English in 2003.
How was the Career of Jordana Brewster?
- Jordana Brewster jumps off her acting starring as Anita Santos with a one-time appearance on “All My Children” after which she played the recurring role of rebellious daughter Nikki Munson on “As the World Turns”.
- Her first film role was in Robert Rodriguez’s horror science fiction film “The Faculty” (1998).
- She then starred in an NBC television miniseries entitled “The ’60s”, playing a student activist in 1999.
- She began her 2000s appearing in the independent drama “The Invisible Circus” (2001) whereas her breakthrough came afterward in 2001 when she took on the role of Mia Toretto opposite Vin Diesel and Paul Walker in the street racing action film “The Fast and the Furious”.
- As well, she appeared as a lesbian criminal mastermind in the action-comedy “D.E.B.S.” (2004) and starred in the independent teen drama “Nearing Grace” (2005).
- Similarly, she has starred in several films and TV series such as “Annapolis” (2006), “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning” (2006), “Dark Blue”, “Fast Five” (2011), “Fast & Furious 6” (2013), “American Heist” (2014), and many others.
- Later, she appeared as Denise Brown in “The People v. O. J. Simpson” as well as she signed on to play the regular role of Dr. Maureen Cahill on the FOX buddy cop action dramedy “Lethal Weapon” in 2016.
- She appeared as Kate Warner in the second season of the ABC anthology crime drama “Secrets and Lies”.
- She can also be seen as Tanya in the film, “Hooking Up” in 2020.
- Additionally, Jordana returned as Mia Toretto in the ninth installment of the franchise, 2021’s “F9” after not appearing in 2017’s “The Fate of the Furious”.
Awards and Achivements
Jordana Brewster is a versatile actress who has been nominated for numerous awards like Soap Opera Digest Awards, ALMA Awards, People’s Choice Awards, NAACP Image Awards, and many others. However, she has only won Teen Choice Awards for her role in “Fast & Furious”. Hope, with her hard work she will achieve many more awards in the coming days.
Who is Jordana Brewster Husband?
Jordana Brewster was a married woman previously. Currently, she is in a romantic relationship with her handsome boyfriend, Mason Morfit. The pair was spotted enjoying a day at the beach on Saturday (March 6) in Santa Monica, Calif. The two were seen packing on the PDA as they spent a romantic day at the beach together, kissing and embracing in between taking dips in the water. The couple has been together since at least July of 2020 when they were first spotted together. Furthermore, talking about her sexual orientation, she is straight.
Jordana was previously married to film and television producer Andrew Form whom she met on the set of “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning”. The pair announced their engagement on 4th November 2006 and tied a knot in the Bahamas on 6th May 2007. They have two sons, Julian and Rowan. However, Brewster filed for divorce in mid-2020.
How much is Jordana Brewster Net Worth?
Jordana Brewster has a net worth of $25 million as of 2021 whereas she has a salary of around $12 million per year. She has been in the film industry for quite a long time. She has no doubt amassed a huge fortune with the bulk of her wealth coming from her professional acting career. Jordana has also done endorsement work for the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) from where she earns a fine amount of money.
How tall is Jordana Brewster?
The height of beautiful actress, Jordana Brewster is 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm. She has 56 kg or 123.5 pounds of body weight with a slim body build. She has good-looking dark brown hair and eye color. Jordana’s usual exercise schedule has guided her to be in marvelous body posture with the appropriate body measurements of 34-25-36 in or 86-63.5-91.5 cm.