Josh Altman is an American real estate agent, real estate investor, and reality television personality, who is best known for his appearances on the Bravo! reality series, “Million Dollar Listing”. Recognized as one of the most dynamic, high performing agents in the luxury home real estate market, Altman proved to be a knight in shining armor for sellers offloading a ‘castle’ on Tuesday’s episode, August 18, 2020, of “Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles”.
He has sold a condo in Santa Monica, California, for a record of 10.5 million dollars. In 2013, Altman was ranked #30 in national team sales by The Wall Street Journal with $200,000,000 in sales.
Altman has also been featured on both “Giuliana and Bill” and “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” aired on the E! network. He has also worked as an executive producer of a Netflix documentary, “Pandemic”. Besides, he is quite active in social media sites with over 612k followers on his Instagram: @thejoshaltman.
What is Josh Altman Famous for?
- Famous for his appearances on “Million Dollar Listing”.
Where was Josh Altman Born?
Josh Altman was born on March 10, 1979, in Newton, Massachusetts, United States. His birth name is John Altman. His nationality is American. Altman belongs to White ethnicity while Pisces is his zodiac sign.
Altman was born to a Jewish family and raised in his hometown, Newton, Massachusetts, along with his brother, Matt Altman, together with whom he formed a Los Angeles real estate group called “The Altman Brothers”. He had a Bar Mitzvah in both the US and Israel.
Altman attended Newton South High School from which he graduated in 1997, after which he joined the Syracuse University, where he studied communications and got graduated earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Communications in 2001.
During his time at university, he played as a kicker for a brief period on Syracuse’s Football team and even competed on the college’s Big East Championship-winning football team. Shortly after his graduation, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in real estate.
Josh Altman’s Career Highlights
- Josh Altman began his career initially as an investor and flipper and even ran a real estate finance company for over 3 years.
- He then worked along with his brother, Matt Altman, and formed a Los Angeles real estate group called “The Altman Brothers” at the real estate brokerage, Hilton and Hyland.
- In 2019, they opened the first-ever stand-alone office for their team in Los Angeles on the famed Robertson Blvd.
- He has represented entertainers, athletes, and international clientele and is a specialist in the Platinum Triangle and the Sunset Strip and Hollywood Hills luxury housing market.
- Altman is known for selling an Ocean Drive condo for $10.5 million, recorded as the highest sale in the history of Santa Monica for a condo.
- In 2010, he sold the former home of Norm Zada for $16.5 the sixth-largest sale in Los Angeles county.
- Altman also consults with various media outlets including the Wall Street Journal and Boston Herald.
- He has also been featured as a keynote celebrity speaker and host at engagements such as “The Luxe Event in Seattle”, “Century 21 Allstars Sales Rally”, “65th Annual Installation Luncheon for Downey Association of Realtors”, “Renter’s Warehouse Event” and hosted Terra Bella Presents “The American Dream”.
- Altman made his debut in a reality show with his appearance along with Josh Flagg and Madison Hildebrand on the fourth season of the reality television show, “Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles” in 2011. He returned to the show for the fifth season on May 6, 2012.
- He also has made an appearance as a real estate agent on popular reality shows, “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” and “Giuliana and Bill” aired on the E! network.
- On August 18, 2020, Altman dressed as a knight in shining armor for sellers offloading a ‘castle’ on Tuesday’s episode of “Million Dollar Listing” Los Angeles.
- Altman also has written and published a book titled: It’s Your Move: My Million Dollar Method for Taking Risks with Confidence and Succeeding at Work and Life” in 2015.
Who is Josh Altman’s Wife?
Josh Altman is married to his only wife, Heather Bilyeu Altman. Heather is also an American Real estate agent and executive who works alongside her husband, Josh on the show, “Million Dollar Listing”. She first became a realtor in 2003 and has since been a member of more than $200 million in real estate transactions.
The couple met at an open house while filming for the show and after dating for about three years, Altman proposed to Heather in 2013 with a 5.5 karat ring. They then went on a honeymoon to France for about 4 months after getting engaged.
They got married in 2016 and welcomed their first child, a daughter named Alexis, in April 2017 and a son named Ace in 2019. Currently, Josh resides in Beverly Hills with his equally talented and successful wife and their two children.
Source: [email protected]
What is the Net Worth of Josh Altman?
Josh Altman has quite good earnings from his professional career as a real estate agent and investor. Having started his career since the early 2000s, he has managed to come a long way up to become an agent, investor, and also a reality TV personality and has sold over $4 Billion over the course of his young career. His net worth is estimated to be around $30 million.
As a part of “The Altman Brothers”, Altman sold $40 million in real estate, followed by $60 million in 2011, $75 million in 2012. He also has made the record as the highest sale in the history of Santa Monica for a condo selling Ocean Drive condo for $10.5 million. In 2020, Altman sold Carlton Gebbia’s former Beverly Hills Castle for $13.9 million. In August 2014, it was reported that Altman profited over one million dollars flipping just one property.
How Tall is Josh Altman?
Josh Altman is a good-looking White man in his 40s. With his sharp mind and his charming personality, Altman has managed to win thousands of hearts all around the US. He stands tall with a height of 1.80m while his body weighs around 79kg. He has a fair complexion with bald hair and brown eyes.