Joshua Morrow is a well-recognized American actor. He has portrayed the character, Nicholas Newman, on “The Young and the Restless” since 1994 which led him to various nominations and wins including Daytime Emmy Award, Soap Opera Digest Award, and Soap Awards France. From the year 1998, he joined the soul-pop group 3Deep; the group disbanded in 2001. In 1999, they released their debut album, “Yes Yes Yes…No No No”. Тhе аlbum’ѕ ѕіnglе, “Іntо Yоu” еvеn wеnt оn tо bесоmе а Тор-10 hіt оn thе Саnаdіаn сhаrtѕ. Тwо уеаrѕ lаtеr, thеу rеlеаѕеd thеіr ѕесоnd аlbum, “Саn’t Gеt Оvеr Yоu”. He has starred in the 1997 TV film, “My Stepson, My Lover”. He is also famous for appearing in “Parker” (2013) and “Golden Shoes” (2015). He also plays on the World Poker Tour in the Hollywood Home Games for The V Foundation for Cancer Research charity.
Is Joshua Morrow leaving The Young and the Restless?
Joshua Morrow plays Nick Newman on the long-running soap opera The Young and the Restless. Fans feared during the summer of 2021 that the veteran actor may part ways with the CBS show. It was reported by Soap Opera Digest that King and actor Michael Mealor are actually leaving the show due to failed contract negotiations.
- Being an American Actor.
- For his role of Nicholas Newman on “The Young and the Restless”.
Where is Joshua Morrow from?
Joshua Morrow was born with the birth name of Joshua Jacob Morrow on 8th February 1974. His birthplace is Juneau, Alaska, USA. He holds American nationality and he belongs to American-White ethnicity. He recently celebrated his 47th birthday as of 8th Feb. 2021. His race is White. The name of his parents is still a mystery. His parents got divorced when he was young. A few years later, his parents divorced, and he moved to Oklahoma with his father and sister, spending much of his childhood there. As a teen, Morrow moved to Southern California to live with his mother and stepfather. He is from a family well known in the entertainment field, including Clare Walker, casting director, Michael Paré, actor, and Justin Walker, actor. He also has a sibling, a sister named Jamie Morrow. Aquarius is his Zodiac sign and he follows Christianity.
About his educational background, Joshua attended Westlake High School. He was amazing in sports during his high school days and played football, baseball, soccer, and more. He majored in communications with a minor in theater at Moorpark College in California.
How was the Acting Career of Joshua Morrow?
- Joshua Morrow was considering an athletic career when a talent scout spotted him at a local mall and got him modeling gigs with Teen magazine and Nike.
- He then played the character of Nicholas Newman on the American TV soap opera, “The Young and the Restless” since 1994. His first Y&R scenes as Nick Newman, who had just returned home from boarding school, were with Nick’s sister Victoria (then played by Heather Tom).
- Prior to winning the role of Nicholas, Morrow auditioned to play the part of Dylan Shaw on “The Bold & The Beautiful” (he was one of the final two candidates, but he lost that job to Dylan Neal).
- When he got the job at Y&R, Morrow was working at a restaurant and still living at home with his mom.
- In 2002, Morrow signed a five-year renewal contract with Y&R – the first soap contract for that long a period of time (before that, the longest contract had been for four years).
- He was slated to be a contestant on the 2008 celebrity competition series Secret Talents of the Stars, but the show was canceled.
- Back to his career, he formed the musical group “3Deep” with Eddie Cibrian, his best friend and former co-star on Y&R, and CJ Huyer. In 1999, they released their debut album, “Yes Yes Yes…No No No”.
- He has starred in the 1997 TV film, “My Stepson, My Lover”. He has also co-starred in the independent film “Tentacle 8,” a straight-to-DVD espionage thriller.
- In the year 2013, he appeared in the movie “Parker” and in 2015, he appeared in another movie, “Golden Shoes”.
- Additionally, he is a founding committee member of TV Cares, the charitable fundraising arm of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
Awards and Achievements
The Young and the Restless
- Nominated for Daytime Emmy Award under the category of Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series in 1996
- Won Soap Opera Digest Award under the category of Outstanding Younger Leading Actor in 1996
- Nominated for Daytime Emmy Award under the category of Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series in 1997
- Nominated for Daytime Emmy Award under the category of Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series in 1998
- Nominated for Daytime Emmy Award under the category of Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series in 1999
- Nominated for Daytime Emmy Award under the category of Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series in 2000
- Won Soap Opera Digest Award under the category of Outstanding Hero in 2001
- Nominated for Soap Awards France under the category of Best Actor of the Year in 2016
- Nominated for Soap Awards France under the category of Best Couple of the Year-“Sharon and Nick” in 2018
Who is Joshua Morrow married to?
Joshua Morrow married his beautiful wife, Tobe Keeney on 4th August 2001. Together, the pair have four children: three boys and one girl named Charlie Jo Morrow, Crew James Morrow, Cooper Jacob Morrow, and Cash Joshua Morrow. His first child, son Cooper Jacob on September 27, 2002. The baby weighed 7lbs 3oz. His second son, Crew James was born on 27 May 2005. Later, Tobe welcomed a baby girl Charlie Jo on October 30th, 2012. Josh has tweeted a picture of the little one. Charlie is the first daughter to be born. As of today, the happily married pair is enjoying their present life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Joshua Morrow?
Joshua Morrow is a very talented actor whose net worth is $15 Million as of 2021. His major source of wealth comes from his acting career. He was also a part of the musical band, “3Deep”, where he was the vocalist. Details regarding his salary is still to get disclosed yet. However, he is living a luxurious lifestyle as of today.
How tall is Joshua Morrow?
Joshua Morrow stands tall at the perfect height of 1.83 m or 6 feet. His body weight consists of 73 Kg or 161 lbs. He has a pair of blue eyes and his hair color is black. His body type is slim and he has got a healthy body. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise.