JP Saxe, the stage name of Jonathon Percy Starker Saxe, is a Canadian musician and singer-songwriter who is well known for his song “If the World Was Ending” which got released on October 17, 2019. The song ranked at no. 27 on the US Billboard Hot 100. The song also featured an American singer and his girlfriend, Julia Michaels who got recognition for her debut single “Issues” which peaked at number 11 on the US Billboard Hot 100.
Saxe, 27, started dating Julia, 27, in July 2019. Their relationship arose from their collaboration on the song “If the World Was Ending”. The couple is happy together and often post about their relationship on their social media accounts. Also on November 6, 2020, Julia said that her boyfriend, Saxe was the muse behind her effervescent new song “Lie Like This” which was released on October 1, 2020.
Besides, Saxe debuted in April 2017 with his debut single “Changed”. He has released two extended plays: “Both Can Be True: Part 1″ and ” Hold It Together”. He has released various singles including “25 in Barcelona”, “Same Room”, “Women Who Look Like You”, and “The Few Things”. He also was featured on Canadian singer and actress, Lennon Stella’s single “Golf on TV” in 2020.
He is active in the social media platform with around 235k followers on his verified Instagram account: @jpsaxe and has around 16k followers on their Twitter account: @jpsaxe. He is also available on Spotify with over 5 monthly listeners.
What is JP Saxe famous for?
- Famous as the boyfriend of American singer and songwriter, Julia Michaels
- Known for his 2019 song “If the World Was Ending”
Everything To Know About Julia Michaels
Source: [email protected]
Where is JP Saxe from?
JP Saxe was born on March 23, 1993, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. His birth name is Jonathan Percy Starker Saxe. He holds a Canadian nationality. His ethnicity is White while Aries is his zodiac sign.
Saxe was born in a well-to-do family in Canada. He was raised in his hometown, Ontario. He did his schooling at a local school. His grandfather, Janos Starker was a Hungarian cellist. Saxe got inspired by his grandfather to be a musician.
His parents supported him in his decision to pursue his career as a musician. So, he took many music classes and also studied cello. Then, he joined piano and guitar classes and began writing his own songs.
He started performing weekly in Toronto and recording songs online. Later, he caught the attention of producers in California and he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his career as a singer.
Source: [email protected]
JP Saxe Career: Highlights
- JP Saxe started his professional music career in April 2017 by releasing his debut single “Changed”.
- Then, he released another single “Anybody Else”.
- In March 2018, he collaborated with American singer-songwriter, The Few Things, and went on to release the song “The Few Things”.
- He released his debut EP’s lead single “25 in Barcelona” in November 2018.
- Saxe released his first EP “Both Can Be True: Part 1” on November 8, 2018, under the label StarkerSaxeSongs.
- His debut EP got followed by his two singles “Same Room” and “Women Who Look Like You”.
- His single “Same Room” got shortlisted for the 2020 SOCAN songwriting Prize.
- He got his career breakthrough after he released his single “If the World Was Ending” on October 17, 2019. The single also featured his girlfriend, Julia Michaels. He ranked at no.27 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and no. 14 on the UK Singles Chart. The song was the lead single of his second EP.
- On February 7, 2020, he released his second EP entitled “Hold It Together” under the label “Arista” and “Sony” which peaked at no. 53 on the Canadian Albums Chart.
- He also got featured on Lennon Stella’s single “Golf on TV”.
- He and Julia re-released their collaborated song “If the World Was Ending” in April 2020 which also featured other artists like ” Sam Smith, H.E.R., Alessia Cara, Niall Horan, Keith Urban, and Finneas O’Connell”. The artists filmed their part on the music video from their homes considering the COVID-19 pandemic Rules and regulations.
- In 2020, he was featured on Maisie Peters single “Maybe Don’t”.
- At present, Saxe is busy working on his upcoming singles like “Hey Stupid, I Love You”, and “A Little Bit Yours”.
JP Saxe Girlfriend: Julia Michaels
JP Saxe is not married. However, Saxe is currently dating his girlfriend, Julia Carin Cavazos(known as Julia Michaels). Julia is an American singer-songwriter who is best known for her debut single “Issues” which peaked at number 11 on the US Billboard Hot 100. Julia released her major-label debut extended play, Nervous System in 2017 which peaked at number 48 on the Billboard 200 charts in the United States. She also has written songs for famous artists including Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Fifth Harmony, Justin Bieber, and Shawn Mendes.
Saxe started dating Julia in July 2019 and their relationship arose from their collaboration on the song “If the World Was Ending”. The couple is happy together. The couple doesn’t hesitate to show their feeling towards each other publicly. Saxe shared a touching tribute on his Instagram reflecting on his mother’s battle with cancer, he also unveiled his true feelings for Julia. At present, he is living a happy life in his home in Los Angeles.
JP Saxe Net Worth
JP Saxe has quite good earnings from his profession as a singer-songwriter. Having his professional career started in 2017, Saxe has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent singers-songwriter in Hollywood. With his earnings from his several songs, Saxe has managed to amass a healthy fortune estimated to be around $500k while his girlfriend, Julia Michaels’ net worth is estimated to be around $4 million. At present, he is living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle with his earnings.
JP Saxe Height
JP Saxe is a good-looking man with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his late 20s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft 11inches. (1.80m) while his body weighs around 74kg(163lbs). He has a fair complexion with brown hair and a pair of brown eyes. He also has planted tattoos on his body.