Judy Murray is a Scottish tennis coach and a former amateur tennis player. She is a trustee of the Judy Murray Foundation, a registered charity under Scottish law, with the object of improving access to tennis opportunities across Scotland. Murray was given the 2021 Georgina Clark Mother Award from the Women’s Tennis Association. For her services to tennis, women in sport, and charity, Murray was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2017 Queen’s Birthday Honours. She was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the University of Edinburgh in 2013. She also received honorary degrees in 2016 from the University of Aberdeen, and the University of Glasgow for her “outstanding contribution to British sport.
- Being the Scottish Tennis Coach
- Being a mother of British highest-ranking tennis players: Jamie and Sir Andy Murray.
Where is Judy Murray From?
Judy Murray was born on 8th September 1959 in Bridge of Allan, a town in mid-Scotland, just north of the city of Stirling. Her birth name is Judith Mary Erskine. She holds a Scottish nationality and belongs to the white caucasian ethnicity. Her star sign is Virgo. She is a follower of Christianity.
Murray was born to her father Roy Erskine and her mother, Eileen Shirley. Her father is a Scottish former professional footballer who played as a fullback for Stirling Albion in the 1950s. In the name of siblings, she has two brothers, Keith Erskine and Niall Erskine.
As for education, Murray attended a private boarding school in her hometown. After high school, she enrolled at the University of Edinburgh where she received a bachelor’s degree in business studies in 1981. Then she begins to focus on her tennis career.
What does Judy Murray do for a living?
- Judy Murray begins her early tennis career in the early 1970s.
- As an amateur, she won 64 titles in Scotland during her junior and senior career.
- She was in the process of going professional in circa 1976 but soon quit going pro due to her homesickness.
- In 1981, she represented Great Britain at the World Student Games.
- After her university graduation, she began to serve as a tennis coach.
- Throughout the early 1980s, she became a member of Broomhill Lawn Tennis and Squash Club, winning the Club Championships three times.
- In December 2011 she became the Captain of the British Fed Cup team.
- In September 2014 Murray appeared as a contestant in the 12th series of BBC One’s dancing contest “Strictly Come Dancing”.
- She resigned as Great Britain’s Fed Cup Captain in March 2016.
- In the 2017 Queen’s Birthday Honours, Murray was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE).
- In 2018, Murray appeared as a contestant on the British quiz show “The Chase Celebrity Christmas Special”.
- In 2020, Murray appeared as a contestant on “Celebrity Masterchef”.
Who is Judy Murray Husband?
Judy Murray has been married once in her life. However, she has already divorced and is currently assumed to be single. Previously, she was married to her ex-husband, William Murray. William hails from Dunblane, a town in central Scotland, and is the regional manager of the Scottish newsagent chain RS McColl. Judy and William began dating in the late 1970s.
Who is Judy Murray son, Andy Murray?
After dating for a few years, the love birds engaged and finally got married in 1980. After five years of their married life, the couple’s first child was born, a son whom they named Jamie Robert Murray (13 February 1986). Their second son Andy was born on 15th May 1987 in Glasgow. However, they separated in 1998 after 18 years of marriage when Jamie and Andy were aged 12 and 11 respectively and their divorce was finalized in 2005.
How much is Judy Murray Net Worth?
As of May 2022, the net worth of Judy Murray is estimated to be around £2 million. The mom of two of the British’s former world no.1 tennis players has managed to earn her fortune through her four decades of a career as a successful and prolific tennis coach. As a Top-ranked tennis coach, she makes around £62,978 annually.
How tall is Judy Murray?
Judy Murray is 5 ft 8 inches tall and her body weight is around 58 Kg. Despite her aging, she has had the same figure that she had when she was a teenager. Her daily fitness exercise and strict diet plan are the secrets to her svelte figure and enviable 26-inch waist.
As well as keeping fit and healthy, Judy also revealed that in 2017 she had got her very first piece of ink with a tattoo to celebrate her autobiography, Knowing The Score. Judy got the ink at the age of 57, and she didn’t opt for a delicate floral design or something sweet and simple.