Justin Townes Earle was an American singer-songwriter and musician. He is best known for his mix of old-timey folk, blues, and country. He was a son of alternative country artist Steve Earle. He had released eight albums in his lifetime, including The Good Life, Midnight at the Movies, Harlem River Blues, and Single Mothers. His eighth and last studio album, “The Saint of Lost Causes” dealt with current social issues such as the Flint water crisis and criminal justice.
He had received two Americana Music Award on the category of New and Emerging Artist of the Year in 2009 and on the category of Song of the Year for “Harlem River Blues” in 2011.
He was also active in social media sites with around 27.8k followers on Instagram @justintownesearle and around 40.8k on Twitter @JustinTEarle.
Justin Townes Earle Death Cause
Justin Townes Earle died on August 23, 2020, at the age of 38. However, His cause of death was not disclosed yet. His death was announced by his representatives in a statement posted to his official Facebook page.
“It is with tremendous sadness that we inform you of the passing of our son, husband, father and friend Justin. So many of you have relied on his music and lyrics over the years and we hope that his music will continue to guide you on your journeys. You will be missed dearly, Justin.”
What was Justin Townes Earle famous for?
- Famous as an American singer-songwriter.
- Being a son of alternative country artist Steve Earle.
Where was Justin Townes Earle born?
Justin Townes Earle was born on January 4, 1982, in Nashville, Tennessee, the USA. He was born to father, Stephen Fain Earle (Steve Earle) who is an alternative country artist and mother, Carol Ann Hunter Earle. His father gave him his middle name “Townes” in honor of his own mentor, singer, and songwriter Townes van Zandt. His father left him with his mother when he was just two years old. His father has been married seven times, including twice to the same woman. He had two half brothers from his father’s other marriages.
Justin Townes Earle held an American nationality and belonged to a White ethnicity. His zodiac sign was Aquarius. His educational details are not found.
He started using drugs at age 12 and continued for many years. He went to rehabilitation clinics nine times. At age of 21, he was hospitalized due to his overdose of the drug. After the treatment, he decided to focus on his musical career.
Justin Townes Earle’s Career Highlights
- Justin Townes Earle had developed a hybrid style of music mixing folk, blues, and country. He had released a six-song EP, Yuma in 2007 and then signed a contract with Chicago’s Bloodshot Records.
- His debut album, “The Good Life” was released in 2008.
- He was co-billed The Big Surprise Tour with Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, Old Crow Medicine Show, and The Felice Brothers in 2009. The same year, he released his second studio album, “Midnight at the Movies”.
- In 2010, he released his third studio album, “Harlem River Blues”.
- Earle released his fourth studio album, “Nothing’s Gonna Change the Way You Feel About Me Now” in March 2012. The album was listed at number 37 on Rolling Stone’s list of the top 50 albums of 2012. He had also appeared in an episode of the HBO television series Treme along with his father.
- In 2012, he had produced Wanda Jackson’s album “Unfinished Business”.
- He had released his fifth studio album, “Single Mothers” in 2014.
- In 2015, he released his sixth studio album, Absent Fathers and he released his seventh studio album, Kids in the Street in 2017.
- His eighth and last studio album, The Saint of Lost Causes was released on May 24, 2019.
Justin Townes Earle’s Awards
- Justin Townes Earle had received an Americana Music Award on the category of New and Emerging Artist of the Year in 2009.
- He had received the Americana Music Award on the category of Song of the Year for “Harlem River Blues” in 2011.
Justin Townes Earle’s Wife
Justin Townes Earle was a married man. He was married to Jenn Marie Earle in 2013. The couple was blessed with a daughter Etta St. James in 2017.
How tall was Justin Townes Earle?
Justin Townes Earle was a handsome man. He had an average height and had a moderate weight at the time of his death. His sexual orientation was straight. There is no information about his other body measurements.
What was Justin Townes Earle’s Net Worth?
Justin Townes Earle might have managed quite good earnings from his professional career as a singer-songwriter and musician but there is no information about his net worth and other assets. However, his father Steve Earle has an estimated net worth of $10 Million.