Kasper Peter Schmeichel professionally known as Kasper Schmeichel is a Danish football player who plays for Premier League club Leicester City and the Denmark national team as a goalkeeper. He is the son of former Danish international goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel who has played for teams like Manchester United, Manchester City, Aston Villa, etc. He started playing football for the youth team of Estoril and began his career with Manchester City. As a member of Manchester City from 2004 to 2009, he was loaned to five different teams: Darlington, Bury, Falkirk, Cardiff City, and Coventry City. On 14 August 2009, he signed for League Two side Notts County in a deal that is believed to have broken the club’s previous transfer record and made his debut on 22 August 2009. After a year, on 1 July 2010, he signed a two-year contract with Leeds United and made his for the club on Saturday 7 August 2010. On 27 June 2011, he signed a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee with Leicester City. Since he joined Leicester City he has played more than 350 matches and won a Premier League title and Football League Championship.
On the international level, he has represented Denmark at various age levels. He has represented Denmark at U19, U20, and U21. He made his international debut on 6 February 2013. Today, he has earned over 50 caps for his country.
What is Kasper Schmeichel Famous For?
- Being a professional football player.
- Being the son of former Danish international goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel.
- Won the 2009-10 Football League Two with Notts County.
- Won the 2015-16 Premier League with Leicester City.
- Won the 2013-15 Football League Championship with Leicester City.
- Won the 2016 and 2017 Danish Football Player of the Year.
- Won the 2015 Danish Football Association’s award.
- Won the 2009-10 PFA League Two Fan’s Player of the Year.
- Won 2011-12, 2016-17 Leicester Player of the Season.
- Won the 2011-12, 2016 -17 Leicester City Player’s Player of the Season.
- Won the 2011-12 Leicester City Supporters’ Club Player of the Season.
Where is Kasper Schmeichel From?
Kasper Schmeichel was born on 5 November 1986. His birth name is Kasper Peter Schmeichel. His birthplace is Copenhagen, Demark. He is one of the two children of Peter Schmeichel and Bente Schmeichel where he grew up with his sister, Cecilie Schmeichel. His father, Peter Schmeichel was a former Danish international goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel who has played for teams like Manchester United, Manchester City, Aston Villa, etc. His father was one of the best goalkeepers in his generation. Kasper Schmeichel holds Danish nationality. He belongs to white ethnicity. His horoscope sign is Scorpio.
Source: [email protected]
Kasper Schmeichel Football Career Timeline
- He started playing football for the youth team of Estoril in 2000.
- In September 2002, he joined the youth team of Manchester City on a long-term contract, which covered schoolboy, scholar, and professional terms, and began his career from there.
- As a member of Manchester City from 2004 to 2009, he was loaned to five different teams: Darlington, Bury, Falkirk, Cardiff City, and Coventry City.
- In January 2006, he joined League Two side, Darlington, on a loan deal and made his professional first-team debut against Peterborough United at the 96.6 TFM Arena on 14 January 2006.
- One month after returning to Manchester City he was loaned out Bury in February, where he made 29 appearances for the club.
- In January 2007, he joined Scottish Premier League side Falkirk on a loan until the end of the 2006-07 season. On 18 February 2007, he was named Man of the Match against Rangers.
- In August 2007, he made his Manchester City debut against West Ham United.
- On 25 August 2007, he saved a penalty from Arsenal’s Robin van Persie at the Emirates Stadium. Despite City losing 1-0 to Arsenal, he was named man of the match.
- On 25 October 2007, he joined on a one-month loan with Championship side Cardiff City and made his debut for Cardiff in a 1-1 draw with Scunthorpe United on 27 October 2007.
- On 13 March 2008, he joined Coventry City on loan until the end of the season, where he made 9 appearances for the club.
- He was not happy at Manchester City and was set to leave it following the end of the season. In December 2008, he played his last game for Manchester City in a UEFA Cup match against Racing de Santander.
- On 14 August 2009, he signed for League Two side Notts County in a deal that is believed to have broken the club’s previous transfer record. He was the highest-paid player at the club, earning £1 million annually.
- On 22 August 2009, he made his debut and kept a clean sheet in a 3-0 win against Dagenham & Redbridge.
Source: [email protected]
- On 27 April 2010, he and Notts County secured the 2009-10 League Two trophy and got promotion for the Football League One.
- After a year, on 1 July 2010, he signed a two-year contract with Leeds United and made his for the club on Saturday 7 August 2010 in Leeds’ opening Football League Championship match against Derby County.
- After an impressive game for Leeds, he was nominated for the August Championship Player of the Month award but lost out to Queens Park Rangers winger Adel Taarabt. However, he won the Sky Sports Championship Player of the Month award for August.
- After playing one year for Leeds United, on 27 June 2011, he signed a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee with Leicester City.
- In his first season for the club, he played a total of 52 games overall, making 17 clean sheets and saving four penalties. On 30 April 2012, he earned the club’s Player of the Year and Players’ Player of the Year awards for his performances in the 2011-12 season.
- On 16 April 2013, he made his 100th Leicester appearance in a 3-2 win over Bolton Wanderers. With his performances, he earned him a place in the 2012-13 Championship PFA Team of the Year, alongside club captain Wes Morgon.
- In December 2014, he suffered a broken metatarsal in training, ruling him out for what was thought at the time to be up to six weeks. While he was out, Leicester signed goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer as a replacement. Three months later on 21 March 2015, he eventually returned from injury and beat Schwarzer to play in the 4-3 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur.
Source: [email protected]
- On 2 May 2016, he won the Premier League title at 29 years of age, the same age and same calendar day when his father won Manchester United’s first such title in 1993. And they became the only biological father and son to win the Premier League, as well as being in the same position to do so.
- In Leicester’s first Champions League campaign, he saved a penalty in each leg of the last 16 ties with Sevilla (from Joaquin Correa and Steven Nzonzi respectively) as the Foxes advanced 3-2 on aggregate.
- On 31 March 2018, he saved a penalty kick in a 2-0 away win over Brighton, the same number his father saved during his time in the competition (three out of 21 Premier League penalties saved).
- On 27 October 2018, he witnessed that the helicopter crash killed five people including Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.
- Since he joined Leicester City he went on to play in every Premier League and has made more than 350 appearances for the club.
Kasper Schmeichel International Career
- He has represented Denmark at various age levels.
- He has represented Denmark at U19, U20, and U21.
- In August 2004, he was called up for the Denmark national U19 team and made his international debut in a 0-0 draw with Northern Ireland on 2 September 2004.
- In October 2005, he was called up for the Denmark national U20 team but did not play for the team until October 2006.
- After his U20 debut, he was asked to train with the senior Denmark team and was called up as a replacement for injured Theis Rasmussen in the U21 squad.
- In November 2007, he was named Danish U21 Talent of the Year and was one of the leading players in the team. From March 2007 to October 2008, he played a total of 17 U21 internationals in a row, racking up seven clean sheets.
- On 13 May 2011, he was called up to the Denmark national team for the first time against Iceland and also was part of their squad at UEFA Euro 2012, but did not make his senior debut until 2013.
- He made an international debut on 6 February 2013 in a 3-0 friendly match defeat to Macedonia at the Philip II Arena.
- On 15 October 2013, he had his first-ever senior-level game in his native Denmark, when he held an easy clean sheet in Denmark’s 6-0 win against Malta in the last 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier.
- He was selected for the Danish squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, where he started in three group stage matches. His clean sheet in the opening match contributed to a Man of the Match award and helped him set a new record for minutes without conceding a goal for Denmark, surpassing his father’s record.
- During the Round of 16 matches against Croatia, he was named Man of the Match after saving a penalty-kick taken by Luka Modric in an extra-time and two penalties during the subsequent shootout, although his opposing counterpart Danijel Subasic saved three penalties in that shootout to eliminate Denmark.
- Today, he has earned over 50 caps for his country.
Source: [email protected]
Kasper Schmeichel Wife
Looking at his personal life, Kasper Schmeichel is a married man. He is married to his beautiful girlfriend Stine Gyldenbrand since 2015. He and Stine first met in 7-Eleven at Norreport Station while he was 17. The couple has got two children a son, Max Schmeichel (Born in 2010), and a daughter, Isabella Schmeichel (Born in 2012). The couple has been actively supporting humanitarian causes and has founded The Gyldenbrand Schmeichel Foundation in 2012. They are living their life happily together.
Kasper Schmeichel Height
Kasper Schmeichel stands at a height of 1.89m i.e.6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 89kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is blonde. His sexual orientation is straight.
Kasper Schmeichel Salary and Net Worth
Kasper Schmeichel earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is £45 million and his salary is £6 million.