Kate Garraway is an English journalist, tv presenter, and broadcaster. She is best known as the presenter of ‘Mid Mornings with Kate Garraway’ on Smoot Radio and ‘Good Morning Britain’ on ITV Breakfast. She is also famous for co-presenting the South East edition of ITV News Meridian on ITV Meridian in 1996. She has made several guest appearances on television including ‘Have I Got News for You’ (2003), ‘Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes’ (2006), ‘The F Word’ (2008), ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?’ (2007), ‘The Keith Lemon Sketch Show’ (2016), etc.
Besides, Garraway released her first book entitled ‘The Joy on Big Knickers’on 9 March 2017. She has also appeared in the movie, “Sharknado 5: Global Swarming” and has voiced for the computer-animated movie, “The Lego Ninjago Movie” in 2017.
Kate Garraway is quite active on Social media platforms. She has around 971k followers on her Instagram account: @kategarraway and around 429.2k followers on her Twitter account: @kategarraway.
What is Kate Garraway famous for?
- Famous as the presenter of ‘Mid Mornings with Kate Garraway’ on Smoot Radio and ‘Good Morning Britain’ on ITV Breakfast.
Where was Kate Garraway born?
Kate Garraway was born in Abingdon-on-Thames, Berkshire, England on May 4, 1967. Her birth name is Kathryn Mary Garraway. Her father was a civil servant and her mother was a teacher. However, there is no information about her parents’ names, siblings, and early life.
She holds a British nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She believes in Christianity.
Regarding her education, She attended Dunmore Primary School and Fitzharrys School. Later on, she enrolled at Bath College of Higher Education and graduated with a BA degree in English and History from there.
Kate Garraway Career Highlights
- Kate Garraway made her career debut as a production journalist, reporter, and news presenter from the South edition of ITV News Central on ITV Central in 1989.
- Garraway began her broadcasting career with BBC Radio Oxford and became an independent Television News trainee journalist by 1994.
- She became co-presenter of the South East edition of ITV Meridian on ITV Meridian after she was talent-spotted by a boss who viewed her presenting a three-minute bulletin on ITV Central in 1996.
- Two years later, Garraway joined Sunrise on Sky News with Martin Stanford.
- In September 2000, she joined GMTV, as a co-presenter of GMTV Today with Andrew Castle each.
- She has also presented the British cookery competition show “Too Many Cooks” in 2004 for a series.
- In 2007, she has appeared in the fifth series of the British TV Dance contest “Strictly Come Dancing”, where she was partnered with professional dancer Anton du Beke. She finished 8th of the 14 couples.
- In the same year, she was the questioner on the BBC National Lottery game show, “The People’s Quiz”.
- She has also presented the British reality TV show, “The Biggest Loser” for ITV in the year 2009.
- In September 2010, she became an entertainment editor of the British TV show, “Daybreak” on ITV Breakfast.
- In 2011, she was a regular panelist on the British comedy panel game show “Wall of Fame” which hosted by David Walliams.
- In 2012, she co-presented two episodes of Weekend Breakfast along with Colin Paterson.
- In 2014, She has joined “Good Morning Britain” on ITV.
- Since March 2014, she has presented Mid Mornings with Kate Garraway on Smooth Radio.
- On 6th October 2014, she stood in for Andrew Castle for a show on LCB Radio.
- From March 2014 to November 2016, she occasionally presented “The National Lottery Draws” on BBC One.
- In September 2017, she made a cameo appearance in the British Soap Opera, “Hollyoaks”.
- In 2019, Garraway participated in the nineteenth series of “I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!”
Who is Kate Garraway married to?
Kate Garraway is a married woman. She married Derek William Draper in Camden, London on September 10, 2005. The couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Darcey Mary Draper on March 10, 2006. Their second child, a son named William Garraway Draper born on July 28, 2009.
Previously, she was married to Ian Rumsey who is her former boss at ITV Meridian. The couple got married in 1998 but due to some misunderstanding, they divorced in April 2002.
In March 2020, her husband, Derek became critically ill with Covid-19. He is now free from the virus but it has badly damaged his organs.
How tall is Kate Garraway?
Kate Garraway is a beautiful woman with a fair skin tone. She has an attractive slim body build. She stands at 1.60m (5 feet and 3 inches) tall and her body weighs around 54kg (119 lbs.). Her body measurements are 34-26-36 inches. She wears a bra size of 34B. Her dress and shoe sizes are 6(US) and 7(US) respectively. She has a pair of beautiful green eyes and her hair color is Blonde. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the Net Worth of Kate Garraway?
Kate Garraway is a very successful woman in her professional career. She has quite great earnings from her professional career as a journalist, tv presenter, and radio personality. Her major source of income is her radio and tv presenting job. As of 2021, her net worth is estimated to be $2 million. Her salary is estimated to be £544,000 annually, which mainly comes from her ITV work.