Katherine Heigl is an American actress and former fashion model who is well recognized for her role as Dr. Isobel Stevens on ABC’s medical drama, “Grey’s Anatomy”. The role earned her worldwide fame as it was her breakthrough for which she even won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2007.
Having her career started initially as a child model with Wilhelmina Models, Heigl marked her first move on the movie industry with her film debut, “That Night”(1992). Her other lead role movie includes; “Knocked Up”(2007), “27 Dresses”(2008), “The Ugly Truth”(2009), “Life As We Know It”(2010), “The Big Wedding”(2013), and “Unforgettable”(2017).
She has also appeared as a cover model on several publications, including ‘Maxim,’ ‘Vanity Fair,’ and ‘Cosmopolitan’. She also has been featured as “100 Sexiest Women in the World” and also the “Most Desirable Woman of 2008”.
Besides, she is active o social media sites with over 3.5 million followers on Instagram: @katherineheigl and over 1.2 million followers on Twitter: @KatieHeigl.
What is Katherine Heigl Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Dr. Isobel Stevens on “Grey’s Anatomy”.
Source: [email protected]
Where is Katherine Heigl From?
Katherine Heigl was born on November 24, 1978, in Washington, D.C., United States. Her birth name is Katherine Marie Heig. Her nationality is American. Heigl belongs to mixed(German and Irish) ethnicity while is her zodiac sign.
Katherine Heigl was born as the youngest of four children of her parents: Nancy Engelhardt(mother) and Paul Heigl(father). Her mother, Nancy was a personal manager, while her father, Paul Heigl was a financial executive and an accountant.
Heigl grew up along with her siblings: Jason, Meg, and Holt, initially in Northern Virginia and then Denver, before moving to the town of New Canaan, Connecticut. However, when she was just 8, her older brother, Jason died of injuries in a car accident in 1986.
The untimely death of her brother led her parents to convert to “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints”. When Heigl was nine, her aunt, along with her parents, sent photos of her to a modeling agency soon she was signed with Wilhelmina Models as a child model.
She however managed to continue her studies at New Canaan High School later dropping out of the school after her sophomore year to pursue her career in Hollywood. Her parents later got divorced and her mother even got diagnosed with cancer. After her high school graduation in 1997, Heigl moved into a four-bedroom house in Malibu Canyon, California with her mother, who also became her manager.
Source: [email protected]
Katherine Heigl’s Career Highlights
- Katherine Heigl started her career when she made her film debut playing the role of Kathryn in the film, “That Night” in 1992.
- Her first lead role was as Nicole Arnel in the 1994 comedy film, “My Father the Hero”.
- In 1995, she starred in the Steven Seagal action thriller, “Under Siege 2: Dark Territory”.
- She then got the lead role in Disney’s made-for-television film, “Wish Upon a Star” in 1996 also co-starred in the re-worked Shakespearean play, “The Tempest” in 1999.
- She got her first-ever television role when she was cast as Isabel Evans on the science fiction TV drama, “Roswell” in 1999.
- She then appeared in films; ‘Stand-ins,’ ‘Bug Buster,’ ‘Bride of Chucky,’ ‘100 Girls,’ and ‘Valentine.’
- In 2003, she appeared in many television movies, including ‘Evil Never Dies’ and ‘Love Comes Softly.’
- She then was seen in the comedy film ‘The Ringer’ and also had starred as ‘Romy’ in the television movie ‘Romy and Michele: In the Beginning’ in 2005.
- The same year in 2005, she got the biggest break when she was cast as Dr. Isobel Stevens in the popular medical drama series, “Grey’s Anatomy”.
- Heigl had her high-profile film breakthrough with the comedy film, “Knocked Up”(2007).
- She has appeared in several hit movies including; “27 Dresses”(2008), “The Ugly Truth”(2009), “Killers”(2010), “Life As We Know It”(2010), “New Year’s Eve”(2011), “The Big Wedding”(2013), “Jackie & Ryan”(2014), “Home Sweet Hell”(2015) and “Unforgettable”(2017).
- She also voice-acted the squirrel Andie in the animated film, “The Nut Job”(2014) later reprising in “The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature”(2017).
- In 2018, Heigl joined the cast of the legal drama series, “Suits” where she played the main role of Samantha Wheeler.
- She was then cast in the leading role opposite Sarah Chalke and Ben Lawson for the Netflix show, “Firefly Lane” in 2021.
- She will also star and executive produce the limited series, “Woodhull”.
Katherine Heigl’s Husband
Katherine Heigl has been married for once to date. Her first and current marriage is with Josh Kelley. Josh is a popular American singer-songwriter known for his hit songs; “AMazing” and “Only You” who has had 4 hit singles on the Billboard charts. The couple met for the first time while on the set of his music video for “Only You”. They soon began dating and got engaged by June 2006. Though they got engaged they chose not to live together until their marriage.
Later, on December 23, 2007, the couple got married in Park City, Utah. Two years later, in 2009, they adopted a daughter, Nancy Leigh, from South Korea, who was born with a heart defect and underwent open-heart surgery. In April 2012, Kelley and Heigl adopted a second daughter, Adalaide Marie Hope.
In June 2016, the couple announced that they were expecting their third child, later on, December 20, 2016, Heigl gave birth to their first son, Joshua Bishop Kelley, Jr. Besides, she is a philanthropist and has helped many needy ones, as along with her mother, Nancy, she started Heigl’s Hounds of Hope, which operates as part of the Jason Debus Heigl Foundation(created in honor of her late brother).
For her work and dedication to animal welfare, she was even honored with the “Presidential Service Award” by ASPCA and also for her dedication to adoption, honored by “Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute (CCAI)” in 2010.
Katherine Heigl’s Net Worth
Katherine Heigl has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started initially as a child model, Heigl has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent actresses especially for her role as Dr. Isobel Stevens in her decade-long career.
Her source of income is surely her appearances in movies and series. Her first salary as a child model was $75 per hour. For her role in “Knocked Up”(2007), she earned a salary of $300k which rose to $6 million for her role in “27 Dresses” in 2008.
Including her income, she has an estimated net worth estimated to be around $30 million. With her million worth of fortune, Heigl has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
Katherine Heigl’s Height
Katherine Heigl is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained hour-glass body physique even in her 40s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 9inches. while her body weighs around 58kg. Her body measurement is around 36-25-36 inches with a bra size of 34B, 6(US) as her dress size, and 9.5(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and dark brown eyes.