Katherine Levac is a multi-talented French-Canadian comedian, actress, and humorist hailing from Ontario. Her work in the entertainment industry includes hosting Love is in the Meadow, appearing on Netflix’s Comedians of the World in 2018, and starring in Top Dogs: Homicides, among others. She is currently in a relationship with filmmaker, writer, and director Chloe Robichaud, with whom she has two twin boys named Ben and Mathias.
Levac has won several accolades throughout her career, including On the Way to My First Just for Laughs Gala and Artist of the Year. She has also participated in several Les Rejets galas hosted by François Bellefeuille, as well as performed in shows like Zoofest: Harry Potter Show and Champagne May West, Kat, and Jay, Part 1. In addition to her acting and comedy work, Levac has also worked as a writer and columnist for various media outlets.
When was Katherine Levac born?
Katherine Levac was born on July 11, 1989, in Ontario, Canada, and grew up in Saint-Bernardin, La Nation sector, in Eastern Ontario. Katherine is now 33 years old as of 2022 and holds Canadian-French nationality. She is the daughter of her father, Alain Levac, and her mother, Nancy Berniguez. She also has two brothers who founded the musical group Pandaléon in 2009. She belongs to the Canadian-White ethnical background race.
For her education, she attended Hawkesbury Regional Catholic Secondary School and went on to earn a bachelor’s degree in French literature from the University of Ottawa, where she also competed in the improv league and won the 2011 University Improv Cup and Cup Team Championship at Sherbrooke. In 2013, she graduated from the National School of Humor.
How was the career of Katherine Levac?
- A talented comedian. Katherine Levac in 2014, won the final of En route vers mon premier gala Juste pour rire and then presented a number at the gala Les rejections.
- In addition, she also presented several shows as part of Zoofest, including “Champagne May West”, “Kat and Jay”, “part 1”, and the “Harry Potter show”. Her talent and hard work earned her the Artist of the Year award, and she also opened for Jean-François Mercier.
- In May 2015, Levac was part of the show “Les 5 Premiers”, a documentary presented by ARTV, which followed five up-and-coming comedians.
- At the 2015 Les Olivier Gala, she won the Discovery of the Year trophy, becoming the first woman to win in this category.
- In 2016, her appearance on the program Les échangistes de Pénélope McQuade, on the airwaves of Radio-Canada, earned her attention for her weight loss. The host asked her about it, but she chose not to answer, indicating the importance of respecting her privacy. This response showed her strength of character and integrity as a public figure.
- In the year 2018, she presented her first solo show, “Velours”, which toured in Quebec and the Canadian Francophonie. Her talent and popularity were further highlighted when the ADISQ gave her a “platinum” certification, recognizing the sale of more than 100,000 tickets.
- She also has excelled as a columnist for Cap sur l’été (ICI Radio-Canada Télé) and Paparagilles (ARTV), and has acted in Code F. on VRAK.
- Since 2016, Katherine Levac has been playing in “Like-moi!”, a sketch comedy presented on Télé-Québec.
- In January 2021, she touched her first experience of animation thanks to the ninth season of the show “L’amour est dans le pré” broadcast on Noovo.
- Her success and versatility have made her one of the most talented and respected comedians in Quebec and beyond.
- Besides this, Katherine Levac was part of the comedy troupe for the Quebec adaptation of Saturday Night Live called “SNL Quebec”. The show aired on Télé-Québec from February 2014 to March 2015. When the show was not renewed for September 2015, the cast reunited for a new sketch show called Le Nouveau Show on ICI Radio-Canada Télé. One of her famous characters, Paidge Beaulieu, was introduced to the public through SNL Quebec.
Katherine Levac Awards and Achievements
- 2013: Excellence scholarship from the National School of Humor
- 2014: Winner of the show En route vers mon premier Gala Juste pour rire
- 2014: Panthère Prize “Artist of the Year”, Zoofest
- 2014-2015: Nominations ( comedy performance – SNL Québec ), Prix Gémeaux
- 2015: Thomas Godefroy Youth Prize, Order of the Francophonie of Prescott and Russell
- 2015: Discovery of the year, Gala Les Olivier
- 2015: Personality of the Year-Culture, Gala Personality Le Droit / Radio-Canada
- 2016-2017: Nomination – Best Comedy Performance – SNL Quebec, Prix Gémeaux
- 2016-2017-2018: Nomination – Female role / comedies, Gala Artis
- 2018: Best Humor / Like-Moi interpretation, Gémeaux Prize
- 2018: Nomination – Show of the Year – Humor, Gala de l’ADISQ
- 2018: Nominations – Comedy Show of the Year, Author of the Year, Best Seller, Olivier of the Year, Gala les Olivier
- 2018: ADISQ “Platinum Ticket” certification, 100,000 tickets sold – Velvet
Who is Katherine Levac’s partner?
Katherine Levac is currently in a relationship with her partner, Chloé Robichaud (to be conjoint), an award-winning filmmaker, writer, and director. Chloé’s debut movie, Sarah Prefers to Run premiered at Cannes Film Festival in 2013. In 2014, she launched the web series named Féminin/Féminin, which is about a group of six Montrealer lesbians dealing with love and rising up in the city. The couple has been together since October 2020, and they announced in July 2021 that they were expecting twin boys. Katherine gave birth to Ben and Mathias in November 2021, and they are now raising the twins together. The duo is still together as of 2023. Her sexual orientation is lesbian.
Before Chloé, Katherine was in a relationship with Karelle Tremblay, with whom she appeared on the cover of Elle Québec magazine in early 2020. However, the couple separated a few months later.
How much is Katherine Levac’s net worth?
Katherine Levac has achieved considerable success as a comedian and actress, which has contributed to her net worth. While the exact amount of her net worth is not disclosed, it is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million as of 2023. Her primary source of income is her work in the entertainment industry, including her stand-up shows, television appearances, and acting roles.
In contrast, her partner, Chloe Robichaud, has a net worth of $7 million as a renowned filmmaker, writer, and director. Although they have not disclosed their joint net worth, it is evident that the couple is living a comfortable life with their two twin boys. Their successful careers and net worth have allowed them to enjoy a luxurious lifestyle together.