Keira Walsh is an English professional footballer. He is currently playing for Barcelona as a midfielder and England National Football Team. She is considered both a playmaker and a defensive midfielder and has been described as one of the best midfielders in the world. She is nicknamed “WonderWalsh“. She became a first-team regular at Manchester City as a teenager during their 2014 campaign, playing a key role in helping the team secure their first Continental Cup. In March 2022, she became the second player to reach 200 appearances for the club; when she left to join Barcelona later that year, she held City’s joint record for a number of appearances and set a world-record fee for a female footballer. She represented England for their age-group teams from the age of twelve before making her senior debut in 2017. She was part of the team that won the UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 and was named player of the match in the final. Her jersey number is #21 for Barcelona.
Keira Walsh Famous For
- Being a British footballer.
- Playing for Barcelona as a midfielder and England National Football Team.
Who are the Parents of Keira Walsh?
On 8th April 1997, Keira Walsh was born with the birth name of Keira Fae Walsh. She is from Rochdale, England. She was raised by the Pennines in a rural suburb of the town. Her nationality is British and her ethnicity is British-White. She celebrated her 25th birthday as of 2022. She was born to Peter and Tracy Walsh; her parents. She practiced football with her father on the field across from their house from about the age of five. She played for local side Pearson Juniors under-7 boys’, then Samba Stars boys’, before joining Blackburn Rovers in their age-group teams from under-12 through under-17. In the February 2014 FA Girls’ Youth Cup (under-17) quarter-final against Sunderland, Walsh scored a hat-trick in thirteen minutes. About his education, she attended Haslingden High School and Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School Sixth Form, both in Rossendale. She joined Manchester City, the team she and her family support, in July 2014, when she was seventeen; City sent her to St Bede’s College in Manchester to finish her A-Levels while she trained and played with them. During a period of Walsh’s youth when City was less successful, her father would encourage her to watch Barcelona as guidance instead.
How did Keira Walsh start her Football Career?
- After her trials in Manchester City, in July 2014, Walsh made her senior debut for Manchester City as a substitute in a 1–0 win over Notts County.
- She officially trained with the development squad, but by the end of the 2014 season regularly had a starting position in the first team.
- She was also part of the City that won the 2014 Continental Cup.
- She signed her first senior contract with the club in June 2015.
- On 9 November 2016, Walsh scored her first goal for City, against Brøndby IF.
- Then, she extended her contract with City through 2020.
- For the 2015–16 season, Walsh was nominated for the PFA Women’s Players’ Player Young Player of the Year award.
- She won all three women’s domestic titles from 2016–2017 with Manchester City.
- In the 2017 FA Cup final, City defeated Birmingham 4–1, she was named player of the match, saying “it was a real team effort” and that it was special to win a trophy at Wembley.
- City won the Women’s FA Cup again in 2019, defeating West Ham in the final 3–0, with Walsh scoring the opening goal.
- Then, she signed a new three-year contract on 7 February 2020.
- In March 2022, she made her 200th appearance for the club, becoming the second player to reach a double century after captain Steph Houghton.
- After playing two Champions League qualification matches for City in August 2022, as part of the 2022–23 pre-season, she left the club in September after eight years; eight major trophies; and 211 appearances, the joint-record number of appearances for the club (with Houghton).
- In a post on Instagram, Walsh wrote: “Even though I will no longer play in the shirt, City is in my blood and always will be.”
- Barcelona’s offer of around £400,000 (€461,000), a world-record fee, was accepted shortly before the transfer deadline on 7 September 2022.
- Walsh signed to Barcelona for three years joining England teammate Lucy Bronze, who also moved from City to Barcelona in 2022.
Keira Walsh International Career
- At the age of 12, in November 2009, she received her first call-up to train for the England under-15 girls, making her the youngest person on the squad.
- In March 2010, she played in her first two matches for England.
- Moving into the under-17 women’s squad, Walsh was considered a key player in the 2013–14 season.
- By early 2014, she was selected to the under-19 England squad while still playing at the under-17 club level.
- In November 2015, Walsh served as captain for the under-19 England team in a friendly against Italy.
- In November 2017, she was called up to the senior England squad.
- In 2019, Walsh was part of the England team that won the SheBelieves Cup in the United States.
- Next, she was selected as part of England’s World Cup squad.
- She was part of the Great Britain women’s football team at the 2020 Summer Olympics held in Tokyo in 2021.
- In June 2022, Walsh was named to the England squad which contested and won, the UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 in July.
- She was named player of the match in England’s next game after the 2022 Euros, a 2–0 win over Austria that saw them qualify for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- Before their final qualification group game, she was included in manager Sarina Wiegman’s pre-match press conference during which she said that Wiegman had “given [her] the confidence to go and play [her] game.”
- With her appearance in the final qualification group game, another 10–0 win over Luxembourg, Walsh won her 50th England cap.
Awards and Achievements
- FA Girls’ Youth Cup: runner-up 2013
- FA Women’s Super League: 2016
- Women’s FA Cup: 2016–17, 2018–19, 2019–20
- FA Women’s League Cup: 2014, 2016, 2018–19, 2021–22
- UEFA Women’s Championship: 2022
- SheBelieves Cup: 2019
- Arnold Clark Cup: 2022
- Blackburn Rovers Girls’ Centre of Excellence Overall Achievement Trophy: 2010
- Blackburn Rovers Girls’ Centre of Excellence International Recognition Award: 2010
- UEFA Women’s Player of the Year Award: sixth 2021–22
- UEFA Women’s Championship Team of the Tournament: 2022
Who is Keira Walsh’s Boyfriend?
Keira Walsh is currently single and she is not dating anyone at present. There is also now news and rumors about her affairs and relationship with anyone as of now. She is currently focusing on her career rather than being in a relationship. Her sexual orientaiton is straight.
How much is Keira Walsh’s Net Worth?
Keira Walsh is a talented footballer. As of 2022, the net worth of Keira is estimated to have $1 Million. She is making her salary of $45K from her current team. She has also signed an endorsement deal with Nike. Her main source of wealth comes from her football career. She is satisfied with his earnings and she is living a cool lifestyle at present.
What is Keira Walsh’s Weight?
Keira Walsh is a beautiful lady who stands at the height of 5 ft 6 in (1.67 m). Her body weight consists of 67 KG. Her body type is athletic. She has a pair of light brown eyes and her hair color is blonde. She maintains her body a lot and she has got a healthy body at present.
Leave a Reply